HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree356Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2019, 11:54 AM   #5191

Hi all, could i check with those you have applied in july this year and have gone for the medical check ups whether there are any news yet?
Nope I havenít gotten any news. It has been almost a month since I went for my medical. What about you?
chilipeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:21 PM   #5192

Hi all, could i check with those you have applied in july this year and have gone for the medical check ups whether there are any news yet?
Nope for me too. How about your side?
Max_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:24 PM   #5193

Nope I havenít gotten any news. It has been almost a month since I went for my medical. What about you?
I wonder if we might be pushed to the 10 Feb (3 Jan) intake instead.. if the 19 Dec (7 Nov) one doesn't materialise?

Last edited by Max_power; 12-10-2019 at 04:32 PM..
Old 12-10-2019, 08:45 PM   #5194

I wonder if we might be pushed to the 10 Feb (3 Jan) intake instead.. if the 19 Dec (7 Nov) one doesn't materialise?
I guess we have still some time to wait till before 7th Nov. My friends who are already in the service said theyíll usually inform at the very last minute (one week before)
chilipeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:04 PM   #5195

I guess we have still some time to wait till before 7th Nov. My friends who are already in the service said theyíll usually inform at the very last minute (one week before)
I see, thanks for sharing Will keep you and the rest posted!
Old 12-10-2019, 11:28 PM   #5196

No news yet for me too.. Haha. How I wish November could come faster.
badchoices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 12:43 AM   #5197

Hi everyone!

I am applying for PDGE, subjects are Eng/SS (Sec). I am not from English & Linguistics major, but I am taking a Social Science subject that revolves around essay writing. I completed my interview earlier this week (tip for those who will be attending: the lesson presentation is tough because the panel wants to test your classroom management! prep for all scenarios if possible)

I left the interview feeling that the panel was not convinced of my English proficiency because of my major. Anyone has any idea if there will be English proficiency test? Who will be selected to attend? What will we be tested on?

Many thanks in advance!
daisyyy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 03:21 AM   #5198

Hi everyone!

I am applying for PDGE, subjects are Eng/SS (Sec). I am not from English & Linguistics major, but I am taking a Social Science subject that revolves around essay writing. I completed my interview earlier this week (tip for those who will be attending: the lesson presentation is tough because the panel wants to test your classroom management! prep for all scenarios if possible)

I left the interview feeling that the panel was not convinced of my English proficiency because of my major. Anyone has any idea if there will be English proficiency test? Who will be selected to attend? What will we be tested on?

Many thanks in advance!
I 100% feel you when you said the lesson presentation was tough! Oh and no worries, MOE will require you to undergo EPT if they feel there's a need. So if you're worried you won't be selected solely based on the interview impression of your EL proficiency, I don't think you should :-) They would probably consider many other factors first before your proficiency level.

From what I've been reading on this thread, there's unfortunately no standard transparent guidelines on who has to go through the EPT. It's done based on MOE's discretion. There was one comment that stated how he/she did well for O levels and A levels, but still had to attend EPT.

Btw I also applied for PGDE! But EL/ MATH for primary school. All the best ok!! Do update!
FabulousFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 08:34 AM   #5199

No news yet for me too.. Haha. How I wish November could come faster.
Hey there! Yeah me too. Lets hope for the best and update one another
Mantoyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 02:28 PM   #5200

I 100% feel you when you said the lesson presentation was tough! Oh and no worries, MOE will require you to undergo EPT if they feel there's a need. So if you're worried you won't be selected solely based on the interview impression of your EL proficiency, I don't think you should :-) They would probably consider many other factors first before your proficiency level.

From what I've been reading on this thread, there's unfortunately no standard transparent guidelines on who has to go through the EPT. It's done based on MOE's discretion. There was one comment that stated how he/she did well for O levels and A levels, but still had to attend EPT.

Btw I also applied for PGDE! But EL/ MATH for primary school. All the best ok!! Do update!
Thank you!! I scored well for my English subject during O's and A's as well, hopefully I wouldn't have to go through EPT. I can't find much information on it either, it would be great if we have some information on that!

All the best to you!! Will definitely update
daisyyy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 06:21 PM   #5201

Thank you!! I scored well for my English subject during O's and A's as well, hopefully I wouldn't have to go through EPT. I can't find much information on it either, it would be great if we have some information on that!

All the best to you!! Will definitely update
Hello there! I went for interview in Feb 2019 and went through English proficiency test in May 2019 even though I had B3 for Os and A for GP. Did Social Sciences in Uni too. Currently doing my untrained teaching in English and SS (Pri) now while waiting for NIE PGDE.

I would say, donít worry too much about the English proficiency test even if you do end up getting selected for it. If you did well for your Os and As, then the test wonít be difficult for you. Also, the interview panels donít judge you solely based on your language proficiency. Your passion for the job and ability to manage the class should be more important. All the best

Last edited by JSMHONG96; 13-10-2019 at 06:26 PM..
JSMHONG96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 06:24 PM   #5202

For those of you who are looking for more information regarding the English proficiency test, you can refer to the following link. Sample questions also available. https://www.moe.gov.sg/careers/teach...oficiency-test

I took the English proficiency test in May 2019 and the format follows quite closely with the sample one provided on MOEís website.

Thereís also details for Chinese, Malay, Tamil and PE proficiency tests (but no sample paper for the MT languages) https://www.moe.gov.sg/careers/teach...oficiency-test

Last edited by JSMHONG96; 13-10-2019 at 06:27 PM..
Old 14-10-2019, 10:33 AM   #5203

Thanks Jsmhong96.
Did anyone receive EPT confirmation so far?
Appreciate updates as the upcoming English EPT is supposed to be on 21 Oct or 19 Nov.
The notice usually come one week before the date of the EPT. So if youíre supposed to take the EPT on 21 Oct, youíll be getting the email notification today.
Old 14-10-2019, 12:05 PM   #5204
Supremacy Member

Hi All,

I just received a message from MOE RU saying that they will be contacting me in the next few days via a private number regarding a teaching position. Does it means its a good sign?

Weird though I applied PE and Maths but I failed PE PPT.
13nc13ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 02:06 PM   #5205

Hi All,

I just received a message from MOE RU saying that they will be contacting me in the next few days via a private number regarding a teaching position. Does it means its a good sign?

Weird though I applied PE and Maths but I failed PE PPT.
Think can check with them your CSes' then. Good luck!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.