HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-10-2019, 05:45 PM   #5221

Did my interview last Thursday for English and History. Thought it went pretty terribly so I'm going in not expecting anything and was trying to forget the disaster ever happened. Got the email regarding the EPT however (they can't let me forget), and it's on the 19th next month. Since my interview was in early October will they be getting back to me about the application outcome before the EPT date? I understand they get back to failed applicants in like a month, but they keep on the fence applicants waiting for longer? Is that right?
HAHAHA disaster. Don't say it like that! Anyway, I've also gotten my EPT email. Just regarding my availability though.

Honestly the release of the application outcome will probably drag on longer than you think. I know I have not been through the entire process yet but I have been reading up and it can even take up to 9 months or so (from the interview date). You may get rejected after EPT, or even after medical check up.

And there appears to be several rounds of sieving through the applicants and rejecting them accordingly, based on competition with the existing applicants. So the earliest rejection will be in a month or so.

Not sure when will they send out the mass rejection emails so not sure if they'll get back to you before the EPT date. Plus you still got to go for a medical checkup before the official possible letter of appointment so... application outcome is probably gonna take a while.

Last edited by FabulousFarmer; 16-10-2019 at 03:44 AM..
FabulousFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 05:55 PM   #5222

HAHAHA disaster. Don't say it like that! Anyway, I've also gotten my EPT email. Just regarding my availability though.

Honestly the release of the application outcome will probably drag on longer than you think. I know I have not been through the entire process yet but I have been reading up and it can even take up to 9 months or so (from the interview date). You may get rejected after EPT, or even after medical check up.

And there appears to be several rounds of sieving through the applicants and rejecting them accordingly, based on competition with the existing applicants. So the earliest rejection will be in a month or so.

Not sure when will they send out the mass rejection emails so not sure if they'll get back to you before the EPT date. Plus you still got to go for a medical checkup before the official possible letter of appointment so... application outcome is probably gonna take a while.
Oh yikes. I guess I should just go ahead and job hunt in the meantime. I'm going to be even more of a depressed sadsack just sitting around waiting. Mine was regarding availability for the EPT day as well! Let's all hope for the best then!I'll take them not telling me anything as a good sign
Dippydip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 06:06 PM   #5223

Oh yikes. I guess I should just go ahead and job hunt in the meantime. I'm going to be even more of a depressed sadsack just sitting around waiting. Mine was regarding availability for the EPT day as well! Let's all hope for the best then!I'll take them not telling me anything as a good sign
HAHA cheer up la!!! Yes just don't think about this at all and get on with other things in the process until you get the possible letter of appointment. All the bestttt!
FabulousFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 03:14 PM   #5224

Hi all, I just received this:

"Your application is being considered in competition with the other candidates who are shortlisted for employment."

Not sure if anyone from the July interview batch got this too?
divannne likes this.

Last edited by Max_power; 16-10-2019 at 05:13 PM..
Max_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 05:14 PM   #5225

"Your application is being considered in competition with the other candidates who are shortlisted for employment."

Thanks for the update.
I received EL EPT confirmation this Monday for Oct test then another EPT availability on Tuesday for Nov test. Not sure if HR got messed up.
amyyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #5226

Thanks for the update.
I received EL EPT confirmation this Monday for Oct test then another EPT availability on Tuesday for Nov test. Not sure if HR got messed up.
Ah, hmm, are they both for EL EPT? My status is still shortlisted
Old 16-10-2019, 05:23 PM   #5227

Ah, hmm, are they both for EL EPT? My status is still shortlisted
Yup, Both for EL EPT and Music Audition as I ticked teaching subject as Music.
First one has both Oct and Nov date available.
If I passed the tests and am successful in teaching application will only be considered for Feb untrained teaching contract which would still be eligible for PGDE Dec 2020 NIE intake on recommendation.
p/s: I have not gone for medical either. Pray it goes well for everyone.

Last edited by amyyee; 16-10-2019 at 05:30 PM..
amyyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #5228

Yup, Both for EL EPT and Music Audition as I ticked teaching subject as Music.
First one has both Oct and Nov date available.
If I pass the tests will be eligible for Feb contract teaching and eligible for PGDE Dec 2020 NIE intake on recommendation.
Pray it goes well for everyone.
Awesome! Wish you well
amyyee likes this.
Old 16-10-2019, 05:52 PM   #5229

Congrats! Did you received it in the form of an email or message? I went for medical about a month ago but I have not received any update since then. I emailed them last week and they said my application is still processing and they will update me again.
chilipeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 05:58 PM   #5230

Anyone applied for trained Kindergarten teacher in July or August?
divannne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 06:03 PM   #5231

Congrats! Did you received it in the form of an email or message? I went for medical about a month ago but I have not received any update since then. I emailed them last week and they said my application is still processing and they will update me again.
Email! Oh, what did they say though?
Old 16-10-2019, 06:34 PM   #5232

Email! Oh, what did they say though?
“We are in the midst of processing your application. We will contact you with an update as soon as it is available“

I hope to receive the email too. I guess I’ll probably receive it later than you because I went for medical on 23rd Sept
chilipeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 06:35 PM   #5233

“We are in the midst of processing your application. We will contact you with an update as soon as it is available“

I hope to receive the email too. I guess I’ll probably receive it later than you because I went for medical on 23rd Sept
Oh okay, anyway, no news is good news! I attended the medical examination around the same date too. All the best to us!
Old 17-10-2019, 12:04 AM   #5234

Oh okay, anyway, no news is good news! I attended the medical examination around the same date too. All the best to us!
May I ask how long after the interview did yall gdt notifed to go for the heath examination?
whyiareyeeand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 12:20 AM   #5235

May I ask how long after the interview did yall gdt notifed to go for the heath examination?
About 10 weeks. Haha
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.