HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree362Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2019, 12:13 PM   #5356

Hi,could those who have taken EPT shed some light on it? like how to prepare and what to look out for during the test? Greatly appreciated thanks!
plshelpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:23 PM   #5357

Thanks for the update, congratulations! Is your signing on 21 nov too? (:
Yup 21 Nov. Are you a mid career switch? Which subjects did you get shortlisted for?
zantetsuken09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:33 PM   #5358

Hi,could those who have taken EPT shed some light on it? like how to prepare and what to look out for during the test? Greatly appreciated thanks!
Hello, PM you. I did mine last Monday.
Will forward badchoices's advice for EL EPT as well.
amyyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:21 PM   #5359

Hello, thank you I have seen the reply but am unable to sent PMs now.

Can i ask, is there any format to remember for the essays and also did you memorise any content?
For the argumentative, did u provide a supporting and refuting stand or just those supporting your stand?
Old 01-11-2019, 02:53 PM   #5360

Yup 21 Nov. Are you a mid career switch? Which subjects did you get shortlisted for?
Hello, yes I am. Mine was for MTL
Max_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 03:06 PM   #5361

Hi, can you PM me as well? Would like to know how it is like.
Curiosity01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:41 PM   #5362

Hello, thank you I have seen the reply but am unable to sent PMs now.

Can i ask, is there any format to remember for the essays and also did you memorise any content?
For the argumentative, did u provide a supporting and refuting stand or just those supporting your stand?
Hi, all PM replied. All the best!

Format is similar to the test sample provided by MOE.
https://www.moe.gov.sg/careers/teach...oficiency-test

I recommend doing the 2nd essay first due to time constrain and yes, you will need at least 1 opposing point. Generally, I plan for 2 supporting and 1 opposing point. Lastly, do the intro and conclusion. That would be 5 paragraphs in total. For each point, add on elaboration and examples.

I find that memorising was not helpful for me because the topic is always different.
Be careful to answer the question and not go out of the topic.
Above is based on my limited personal experience. Hope it helps.
Anyone else with experience feel free to share or feedback.

Last edited by amyyee; 04-11-2019 at 03:34 PM..
Old 01-11-2019, 08:52 PM   #5363

Hi everyone, I just received the "we are still processing your app" email today.
Anyone knows what that means? I interviewed in end Sept and status is still 'In Process'.

Hey so sorry I missed this but I got the processing email 1 day after you. Status still In Process. Not shortlisted. So nervous really Does this mean anything like rejection will come after? This is killing me!!! Hahahaha

Hi, all PM replied. All the best!

Format is similar to the test sample provided by MOE.

I recommend doing the 2nd essay first due to time constrain and yes, you will need at least 1 opposing point.
Generally, I plan for 2 supporting and 1 opposing point.
Lastly, do the intro and conclusion.
That would be 5 paragraphs in total. For each point, add on elaboration and examples.

I find that memorising was not helpful for me because the topic is always different.
Be careful to answer the question and not go out of the topic.
Above is based on my limited personal experience.
Hope it helps.
Anyone else with experience feels free to share or feedback.
Hey @amyyee, sooooo sorry for the trouble but could u pm me too? Thank you for doing this for us rly.

To everyone whoís still waiting, letís try to do other stuff in the meantime. And congrats to all who has received the letter of appointment! All the best and hope your passion never burns out
FabulousFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:10 PM   #5364

Hey so sorry I missed this but I got the processing email 1 day after you. Status still In Process. Not shortlisted. So nervous really Does this mean anything like rejection will come after? This is killing me!!! Hahahaha

Hey @amyyee, sooooo sorry for the trouble but could u pm me too? Thank you for doing this for us rly.

To everyone whoís still waiting, letís try to do other stuff in the meantime. And congrats to all who has received the letter of appointment! All the best and hope your passion never burns out
hey yeah my status is still 'In Process'... based on past replies, it's common for ppl to receive their rejection email even after the processing email.. let's just wait and see! good luck to you~
FabulousFarmer likes this.
earlgreymilktea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:22 AM   #5365

hey yeah my status is still 'In Process'... based on past replies, it's common for ppl to receive their rejection email even after the processing email.. let's just wait and see! good luck to you~
Based on the replies, I think it is safe to say that majority of us in the Sept/Oct Batch have yet to receive a change in status (to ‘shortlisted’). Hopefully, the good news come next week ����.
Teacherwip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:28 AM   #5366

No worries FabulousFarmer.
Am paying it forward. All the best! =)
FabulousFarmer likes this.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:51 AM   #5367

Hi, all PM replied. All the best!...
Thank you!
Old 02-11-2019, 05:15 PM   #5368

Hi Max_power, are u shortlisted for MTL? Have you gotten your possible letter of offer already? i am from July batch and still waiting.... sign...
Hello, yes I am. Mine was for MTL
monkeybro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:23 PM   #5369

Hi Max_power, are u shortlisted for MTL? Have you gotten your possible letter of offer already? i am from July batch and still waiting.... sign...
Nope, not yet. Yours was on which date? I suppose you went for medical too? (:
Max_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:41 PM   #5370

I suspect they are sending out in batches. The people who received the letter went for medical checkup in the first/second week of sept. I went for medical towards the end of 3rd week of sept and havenít gotten any letter too. I think we will probably receive news next week.
chilipeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.