HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2019, 05:09 PM   #5551

Anybody who applied for the mid-term award got any updates on their application status? Do you all know how the timeline for scholarship applications are usually like? The uncertainty is D:

Last edited by nugunugget; 20-11-2019 at 05:11 PM..
nugunugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2019, 05:20 PM   #5552

Yup, test on 21st Oct and result (passed) on 8th Nov.

Hey, I just received medical checkup email from vital.
It says: "Your application for the POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION is still being considered. As part of the selection process, you are required to attend a medical examination at Raffles Hospital (Bugis) by 29 November 2019."
Well done! Do look out for your letter of offer by 3 Jan. You should start on 10 Feb (:
amyyee likes this.
Max_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2019, 05:20 PM   #5553

Congrats! The wait is all worthwhile.

To those who are attending the appointment briefing tomorrow, any idea if there is a dress code?
I think smart casual will do. (:
Max_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2019, 06:52 PM   #5554

Anybody who applied for the mid-term award got any updates on their application status? Do you all know how the timeline for scholarship applications are usually like? The uncertainty is D:
How is your current timeline like?
plshelpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2019, 08:39 PM   #5555

Hi anyone tried calling or emailing them to ask about the application? does it help at all?
Which number should I call or email . Can't seem to find anything online haha

The wait is making me real anxious sigh. Still processing for status
kevinwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2019, 11:48 PM   #5556

Hi anyone tried calling or emailing them to ask about the application? does it help at all?
Which number should I call or email . Can't seem to find anything online haha

The wait is making me real anxious sigh. Still processing for status

Hey I know this doesn't help, but I feel exactly the same way.. Sounds farfetched but I even had nightmares I received the rejection email because I'm preparing myself for the worst. For me my status is still in process, unlike some others. Interviewed during the 1st week of October for PGDE El/Math, and it's nearing a 2 months wait already. Sigh.
FabulousFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2019, 11:53 PM   #5557

Anyone from past applications know if the mass rejection emails usually take this long for them to send? Or it varies and it's still unpredictable?

Background info would be PGDE EL/MATH, final year undergraduate graduating in June/July 2020. Interview was during the 1st week of October, received EPT availability email for 19 Nov, received processing email at the end of October, and did not need to go for EPT eventually. Status: In Process.

Thank you. Would really really wanna get some insights on this. All the best to those who are still waiting. whether its July/ October batch.

Last edited by FabulousFarmer; 21-11-2019 at 05:16 AM..
Old 21-11-2019, 10:20 AM   #5558

Anyone from past applications know if the mass rejection emails usually take this long for them to send? Or it varies and it's still unpredictable?

Background info would be PGDE EL/MATH, final year undergraduate graduating in June/July 2020. Interview was during the 1st week of October, received EPT availability email for 19 Nov, received processing email at the end of October, and did not need to go for EPT eventually. Status: In Process.

Thank you. Would really really wanna get some insights on this. All the best to those who are still waiting. whether its July/ October batch.
Hi FabulousFarmer, from what I observed, mass rejection email is usually sent out in around 4 weeks from the end of the interview period. For our batch (August application window), the interview period ended in October. So this is quite a sensitive period for the August applicants.

Of course, we cannot be certain of the standard procedures of the ministry and every applicant seems to have their own unique timeline. Donít scare yourself by speculating too much. Iím in the same situation as you right now so I understand how you feel (status: in process).

All the best ❤️

Last edited by Elizalmo; 21-11-2019 at 10:23 AM..
Elizalmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2019, 04:48 PM   #5559

Hi guys, I attended my ept on the 19th Nov and just received an sms and email regarding the medical screening. Anyone else got it too?
Xiaosemoahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2019, 05:15 PM   #5560

Hi guys, I attended my ept on the 19th Nov and just received an sms and email regarding the medical screening. Anyone else got it too?

That's fast. After EPT, I have not received any further instructions. Not sure if any PE folks received similar instructions like you?
sbetta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2019, 05:59 PM   #5561

That's fast. After EPT, I have not received any further instructions. Not sure if any PE folks received similar instructions like you?
Yea I was quite surprise too. But a disclaimer was made in the email that the medical examination does not = employment or pass interview. Oh wells.. 🤷🏻*♂️
Xiaosemoahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2019, 06:18 PM   #5562

Yea I was quite surprise too. But a disclaimer was made in the email that the medical examination does not = employment or pass interview. Oh wells.. 🤷🏻*♂️
It is always good to advance into the next round rather than not.
sbetta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2019, 06:23 PM   #5563

Hi FabulousFarmer, from what I observed, mass rejection email is usually sent out in around 4 weeks from the end of the interview period. For our batch (August application window), the interview period ended in October. So this is quite a sensitive period for the August applicants.

Of course, we cannot be certain of the standard procedures of the ministry and every applicant seems to have their own unique timeline. Donít scare yourself by speculating too much. Iím in the same situation as you right now so I understand how you feel (status: in process).

All the best ❤️
Hey, thanks for the reply. I guess this made more sense than 4-5 weeks after your interview as they need to collate all the interview performances then consider it. Are you an undergrad?
Old 24-11-2019, 09:35 AM   #5564

How is your current timeline like?
Currently the timeline is:
Interview: 2nd last week of Oct
Psychometric test: last week of Oct
Medical check-up: 8th Nov

Not sure if this is how it usually goes!
nugunugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2019, 01:17 PM   #5565

Currently the timeline is:
Interview: 2nd last week of Oct
Psychometric test: last week of Oct
Medical check-up: 8th Nov

Not sure if this is how it usually goes!
Did u receive any email checking for EPT availability?
Also, what subjects did u apply for?
plshelpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.