HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2019, 11:58 PM   #5581

Did u receive any email checking for EPT availability?
Also, what subjects did u apply for?
Sorry for the late reply!
Nope, I didnít get anything about EPT! I applied for Primary Eng and Math. What about you?

I heard that rejection emails typically come 6-8 weeks after the interview, so hereís to waiting and hoping for the best!
nugunugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2019, 02:18 PM   #5582

All the best for your finals!(: I been through the exact same path as you last year. You still can try before you graduate next year! If you have a passion for teaching, just keep trying. I have been trying for 5 times, and only managed to go for interview twice. Just keep trying. No harm (:
Thank you Curiosity01. Appreciate this Hope youíll get it this time round!!!
FabulousFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2019, 12:24 AM   #5583

thank you earlgreymilktea :-) yeah itís finals period now so at least something is keeping me occupied from thinking bout the rejection! But anyway thanks for always replying me, didnít feel too alone through the torturous wait. Haha! I sincerely hope youíll get an offer!! 💪🏻
yes focus on your finals! you still have plenty of time to apply. I would say just ignore the 6 months period and try to apply now and then! Thank you! I would update here again once I have more news.
earlgreymilktea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:58 PM   #5584

Anyone from past applications know if the mass rejection emails usually take this long for them to send? Or it varies and it's still unpredictable?

Background info would be PGDE EL/MATH, final year undergraduate graduating in June/July 2020. Interview was during the 1st week of October, received EPT availability email for 19 Nov, received processing email at the end of October, and did not need to go for EPT eventually. Status: In Process.

Thank you. Would really really wanna get some insights on this. All the best to those who are still waiting. whether its July/ October batch.
My observation is that there are 2 waves of mass rejections. The first wave is about 4 weeks after interview. The next wave is more than 2 months after interview. But they will always give you the outcome nevertheless.
b4zabeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:25 PM   #5585

My observation is that there are 2 waves of mass rejections. The first wave is about 4 weeks after interview. The next wave is more than 2 months after interview. But they will always give you the outcome nevertheless.
Got me worried hearing this. Is it still possible to be rejected after status being changed to shortlisted? Have yet to hear any news for medical.
Ronnie lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:02 PM   #5586

Got me worried hearing this. Is it still possible to be rejected after status being changed to shortlisted? Have yet to hear any news for medical.
Yup, it is still possible to get rejected after the status changes to shortlisted. Iíve heard of a couple of cases from friends who got rejected despite the status changed to shortlisted.
But donít worry, everything will turn out fine!
chilipeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:03 PM   #5587

All the best for your finals!(: I been through the exact same path as you last year. You still can try before you graduate next year! If you have a passion for teaching, just keep trying. I have been trying for 5 times, and only managed to go for interview twice. Just keep trying. No harm (:
Just keep trying. I tried for the second time and I was successful.
FabulousFarmer likes this.
chilipeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:33 AM   #5588

Me too! Status has changed to shortlisted but have yet to receive medical check up email:/ wondering if any oct batch has received an email on medical check up?
Glassesmissing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:10 AM   #5589

Me too! Status has changed to shortlisted but have yet to receive medical check up email:/ wondering if any oct batch has received an email on medical check up?
Hi there, Aug applicant here. I was interviewed on 18 Oct, received email to indicate availability for EPT on 24 Oct (but didn't have to do EPT eventually). Received email to do medical examination on 13 Nov.
FitBro85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:24 AM   #5590

Hey glassesmissing,

I was interviewed in October. Did my EPT on the 19th and my medical just a couple of days back.
Xiaosemoahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:39 PM   #5591

Hi there, Aug applicant here. I was interviewed on 18 Oct, received email to indicate availability for EPT on 24 Oct (but didn't have to do EPT eventually). Received email to do medical examination on 13 Nov.
Hi, what subject did you apply for? And status is shortlisted?
Cloudy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 03:06 PM   #5592

Hi, any mid career switchers here? Did MOE ask for your current employer references? Did they end up calling in the end? They just emailed me to ask and I'm wondering if it would put my current position in my workplace in jeopardy if I were to give them the references.
divannne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:47 PM   #5593

Hi, any mid career switchers here? Did MOE ask for your current employer references? Did they end up calling in the end? They just emailed me to ask and I'm wondering if it would put my current position in my workplace in jeopardy if I were to give them the references.
Hi,
Me
Now one year as BT after going thru that gruelling practicum.
Yes, I provided 2 referees - 1 is my boss from my prev company & another is my A/P during uni days.
I requested my ex employer to write a beautiful testimonial for me..hehehhee so I doubt they call to check with my ex company.
But I know, of this friend who is working with MOE as allied educator and HR called up the schl asking for fdback from her Prcpl.
juggernaut7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:05 PM   #5594

Hi, what subject did you apply for? And status is shortlisted?
Primary Eng/Math. Not sure when my status was updated, I only logged in on 15 Nov to see that it has been changed to shortlisted.
FitBro85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:38 AM   #5595

Currently, I am waiting for the EPT result (Test was on 19th Nov). Last week, my status was changed to "shortlisted" but I have not received any further updates.
sbetta is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.