NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Bluegirl

Reaction score
Thanks for the update jojo13579!

Do you mind sharing what grade you got for O/A levels and if your status has been updated to shortlisted?

Also, is anyone is the same boat as me? Not rejected/shortlisted/confirmed to take EPT... the suspense is soooooooooo anguishing :(

Me too! Same boat. Hoping for the best!

kimchiapple

Reaction score
omg congrats kimchiapple!! i have the exact same timeline as you, except that i applied slightly earlier and my status is still in process :( (so we might have seen each other on the interview date too hahahah)

all the best to you !! you seem like one of the fastest for the may/june batch!!! has anyone else been shortlisted too?

also, do you mind sharing if youre a fresh grad/mid-career, your major and your subject combi?

and did you receive any notif or did you just happened to login and see the change? O:

sorry for the lengthy questions!! you can PM me instead if youre not comfortable sharing it here!!

thanks so much!! :)

Hi Lynnie,

I’m a fresh grad, in social sciences, subject combi is (Pri) English/Science. I happened to log in and saw the status, didn’t get any notifications or email at all!

Lynnie_xoxo

Reaction score
May/June 2020

Hi all, was just thinking of collating the info we have so far.. Would be great if you can add on, so that everyone can refer to this :)

Based on fellow forumers' posts,

Rejected: 3
Shortlisted: 2
Pending: 3

Hopefully this collation is helpful to everyone who is waiting/gives us a rough sense of whats gg on right now :)

Reaction score
Hi all, was just thinking of collating the info we have so far.. Would be great if you can add on, so that everyone can refer to this :)

Based on fellow forumers' posts,

Pending: 3

Hopefully this collation is helpful to everyone who is waiting/gives us a rough sense of whats gg on right now :)

Hi my status is still “in process” as well so let me add on to the pending! :)

Pending: 4

Oolongteanosugar

Reaction score
mine's pending (in process) as well! i did not receive any rescheduling email for EPT too. however im not from the may/june batch so i shall not add on too the list?? im from the jun/aug batch

Last edited:

Sonlene

Reaction score
I received the same email as you for my 2nd unsuccessful attempt. The first email was the one to try 1 year later and relief teaching. Wondering what’s the difference. Since they did not state 1 year later, maybe can try the next opening?

Hi Jeffrey, Milo,
I will email them. But it was a general rejection letter. In the email, they did not ask me to try 1 year later, nor relief teaching..
""
After careful consideration of your application in totality and in competition with the other applicants, we would like to inform you that your application is unsuccessful.
""

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I received the same email as you for my 2nd unsuccessful attempt. The first email was the one to try 1 year later and relief teaching. Wondering what’s the difference. Since they did not state 1 year later, maybe can try the next opening?

Yupp u can give it a try again, no harm?

Did u take up relief teaching from the time u got rejected the 1st time?

I noticed the next relief teaching application will open earliest next Jan.

Not sure hw their selection process is like .

Seems like one will only stand a high chance if they had done a relief teaching stint in schools.

Sonlene

Reaction score
I didn’t take up relief teaching. It’s not easy getting one I feel. I emailed like 6-7 schools, but only one school got back informing that they do not need relief teachers currently. I have registered myself in the system earlier in the year.

Yupp u can give it a try again, no harm?

Did u take up relief teaching from the time u got rejected the 1st time?

Seems like one will only stand a high chance if they had done a relief teaching stint in schools.

Nnameless

Reaction score

I didn’t take up relief teaching. It’s not easy getting one I feel. I emailed like 6-7 schools, but only one school got back informing that they do not need relief teachers currently. I have registered myself in the system earlier in the year.

Because teaching in a class is different from 1-1 private tutoring, having that little experience is a good head start compared to none. Supposed you have done relief teaching and you still decided to apply for teaching, it shows them that you are keen on being a teacher.

I have a friend (FCH, Chem Eng) with no relief teaching experience who applied in his final year and got rejected. Went on to work in the private sector for a year, applied again and was offered. The "teaching experiences" we had that might have helped is our 3SG experiences, not sure.

If you were to take relief teaching, I would suggest going out of your allocated timetable and join the CCE/FT time of the most problematic class, gain experience and share with your interviewers next time. But currently, schools are going into EOY exam + because of covid (reservist has stopped) + increased in Adjunct Teachers, relief teachers are less demanded.

asteroidcraters

Reaction score
hihi asteroidcraters, thanks for reaching out!!!

do you mind sharing which batch were you from and what subjects did you apply?

is your process still "in process" too?

this week seems to be a crucial week of updates sooooo my fingers are crossed X_X

sure! im from the May/June batch and applied for PGDE Pri (Eng/Science)
and yes my status is still the same, ‘in process’ i have not received any updates

jyakku81

Reaction score
Pending: 5

7-Jun: Applied for untrained Education Officer PGDE/DipEd (May/Jun 2020) Maths/Physics
21-Jul: Received sms,call & email details for interview preparation - Physics/Computer Apps.
28-Jul: Interview
Current status in Careers@Gov portal has been always "Submitted".
Scored A2 in English O level. >6 weeks no reply from MOE :s22:

Pending: 6

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Because teaching in a class is different from 1-1 private tutoring, having that little experience is a good head start compared to none. Supposed you have done relief teaching and you still decided to apply for teaching, it shows them that you are keen on being a teacher.

I have a friend (FCH, Chem Eng) with no relief teaching experience who applied in his final year and got rejected. Went on to work in the private sector for a year, applied again and was offered. The "teaching experiences" we had that might have helped is our 3SG experiences, not sure.

If you were to take relief teaching, I would suggest going out of your allocated timetable and join the CCE/FT time of the most problematic class, gain experience and share with your interviewers next time. But currently, schools are going into EOY exam + because of covid (reservist has stopped) + increased in Adjunct Teachers, relief teachers are less demanded.

Thanks for sharing ur insights, I appreciate it :)

I do have teaching exp in a studentcare(up to 20 students) , but guess it's still incomparable to relief teaching in schools...

jojo13579

Reaction score
Thanks for the update jojo13579!

Do you mind sharing what grade you got for O/A levels and if your status has been updated to shortlisted?

Also, is anyone is the same boat as me? Not rejected/shortlisted/confirmed to take EPT... the suspense is soooooooooo anguishing :(

Hello! My O level EL grade was B4. My status on career@gov is “Shortlisted”

Last edited:

jelliejoy

Reaction score
7-Jun: Applied for untrained Education Officer PGDE/DipEd (May/Jun 2020) Maths/Physics
21-Jul: Received sms,call & email details for interview preparation - Physics/Computer Apps.
28-Jul: Interview
Current status in Careers@Gov portal has been always "Submitted".
Scored A2 in English O level. >6 weeks no reply from MOE :s22:

Pending: 6

24 jul - interview
16 aug- processing email
Current status is still ‘in process’

Pending: 7

coldmilkteaCMT

Reaction score
24 jul - interview
16 aug- processing email

Pending: 7
20 Aug- second interview Pri (English/math)
Never receive any processing email tho :/

Pending: 8

Ekadzati

Reaction score
Hi Ekadzati,

I think I know why your rejection email is different from mine’s and Jeffrey’s in that it doesn’t ask you to apply a year later, or asked you to apply for relief teaching. The “apply in a year later” + “can consider relief teaching“ rejection email is for first time rejects, I believe. I asked my friend who, like you, applied multiples times. Her first-time rejection email did ask her to apply in a year’s time and to consider relief teaching. It was the exact same email as mine. Her subsequent rejections changed though: they no longer asked her to apply again, and the wording is exactly the same as yours in the above quote. So maybe you want to check your first time rejection email. I believe should be the same as mine’s and Jeffrey’s.

So I believe for first time rejects, they tell them that they can apply again, but for second-time rejects or more, they no longer give the same encouragement.

Hi Milo, I think you are right.
:s13:
Good luck to those still in the running or shortlisted..
I guess, I will apply in the Jan application period and also the relief teaching application.

I must keep trying..

Oolongteanosugar

Reaction score
Hey Oolongteanosugar, I added on and I’m from the same batch as you!!! :)

hi okay ill add on to it as well :)

Interview: March

Shortlisted:3
Pending: 9

Shortlisted:3
Pending:10

Application: PGDE (Eng/Math)
Application period: Jun/Aug
Interview: 1st week of Aug
EPT availability notification: 2nd week of Aug
(No confirmation email to take EPT on 2 Sept)
Processing email: 31 Aug

Note: No EPT availability notification received for 13 October

Hi guys I took the liberty to add on the few details like app period interview date etc for yall to copy paste since we often ask each other about that. thought maybe itll save some time and it wont be so messy too. plus i feel that your application period do play some part as to when u'll get shortlisted/ rejected so dont panic if your status is still pending/ in process yeah! jiayou everyone

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.