HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree410Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2020, 10:09 AM   #6016

Dont be disheartened. Done let anybody tell you that you cant do something, or if something is not meant for you. I feel like for interviews, its a matter of chemistry. It could be that the bunch of interviewers that you get simply just dont like you. The same thing applies when it comes to making friends-first impression counts, and people will form an impression of you even within that short period of time.

I still recall how much stick i got for my first interview two years ago. But this time around, they seemed to like me a lot more.
Agree with you, it's a matter of chemistry just like most interviews.

When I retry second time, somehow the panel doesnt like me and it ended quickly. Got rejected very fast too
b4zabeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 02:10 PM   #6017

The medical checkup that was scheduled, was it planned prior or after PM Lee's directives?

I guess its a possibility that we start our teaching stint in Jan 2021. :'(
I do not think that is possible. I have friends from the first application window which is June 2019, they have received their appointment letter and have yet to attend the briefing. They will be starting in June 2020 for untrained teaching stint. Itís not possible for MOE to only accept one window of untrained PGDE trainees for the PGDE NIE programme, and teach such a small cohort/ class size from just one window of MOE application.

Plus, every single year MOE welcomes a batch of untrained Teachers as increased manpower from June to December. If they were to push back everyone, they wouldnít have sufficient people to admit to NIE during December 2020 and this would mean a drop in supply of freshly trained teachers two years down the road, not to mention that in June they will be facing lesser Teachers manpower.

Yes our application may be delayed and we will receive notifications and updates perhaps much later than prior batches as this is an unprecedented covid situation we are facing, but if MOE truly needs the teaching manpower, I believe they will expedite medical checkups, appointment letters and briefing in the month of May or June. Or we would possibly start in July 2020 instead of June for our untrained teaching stint.
jtayyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 05:58 PM   #6018

I do not think that is possible. I have friends from the first application window which is June 2019, they have received their appointment letter and have yet to attend the briefing. They will be starting in June 2020 for untrained teaching stint. Itís not possible for MOE to only accept one window of untrained PGDE trainees for the PGDE NIE programme, and teach such a small cohort/ class size from just one window of MOE application.

Plus, every single year MOE welcomes a batch of untrained Teachers as increased manpower from June to December. If they were to push back everyone, they wouldnít have sufficient people to admit to NIE during December 2020 and this would mean a drop in supply of freshly trained teachers two years down the road, not to mention that in June they will be facing lesser Teachers manpower.

Yes our application may be delayed and we will receive notifications and updates perhaps much later than prior batches as this is an unprecedented covid situation we are facing, but if MOE truly needs the teaching manpower, I believe they will expedite medical checkups, appointment letters and briefing in the month of May or June. Or we would possibly start in July 2020 instead of June for our untrained teaching stint.
This is really heartening to read. Medical checkup is one thing. But if this school closure drags on in June/July, MOE might see it not worthwhile to give any offers that early? Which made me think Jan 2021 could be the next intake. I hope i am wrong though.
sleeping_giant1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 07:01 PM   #6019

This is really heartening to read. Medical checkup is one thing. But if this school closure drags on in June/July, MOE might see it not worthwhile to give any offers that early? Which made me think Jan 2021 could be the next intake. I hope i am wrong though.
If I am MOE I will consider the fact that if I donít send offer letters out this year, two years down the road I would be getting lesser freshly graduated teachers by then. For subjects that need teachers - which would be for chinese subject, I donít think MOE can cope with lesser Teachers who graduate from NIE. If they donít have enough they would have to out source to find more Teachers to cope with the demand
jtayyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 07:20 PM   #6020

If I am MOE I will consider the fact that if I don’t send offer letters out this year, two years down the road I would be getting lesser freshly graduated teachers by then. For subjects that need teachers - which would be for chinese subject, I don’t think MOE can cope with lesser Teachers who graduate from NIE. If they don’t have enough they would have to out source to find more Teachers to cope with the demand
These days MOE is focusing on replacement of retired teachers and those who left. Yes, they focus more on hiring teachers for subjects that need more teachers such as mother tongue. But I don't think they will have a lack of teachers

Last edited by b4zabeat; 07-04-2020 at 07:27 PM..
Old 09-04-2020, 02:18 AM   #6021

Has anyone from the August'19 batch receive anything so far?
Pretty worried about the potential impact of the COVID-19 situation on the processing of the June'20 batch. Is anyone planning to email them to ask about it?
Hopefully we can update each other on any new progress! Good luck!
earlgreymilktea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 09:44 AM   #6022

Has anyone from the August'19 batch receive anything so far?
Pretty worried about the potential impact of the COVID-19 situation on the processing of the June'20 batch. Is anyone planning to email them to ask about it?
Hopefully we can update each other on any new progress! Good luck!
Interested to know at which stage of the timeline you are at. Whats the last update the aug 19 batch has received?
Old 09-04-2020, 02:26 PM   #6023

Interested to know at which stage of the timeline you are at. Whats the last update the aug 19 batch has received?
In the midst of processing and until 18 May to receive the Appointment Offer if due to commerce employment on 22 June.
Nnameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 02:35 PM   #6024

In the midst of processing and until 18 May to receive the Appointment Offer if due to commerce employment on 22 June.
Medical done?
Old 09-04-2020, 04:16 PM   #6025

Hiii guys,

not sure if this is the right place to ask/post (do direct me to the relevant page/post if this is incorrect, thanks!), but i would like to ask about being an MOE Kindergarten teacher.

1) How are the working hours and job scope like?
2) How is the salary increment and progression like as well? I do have hopes of becoming a DCH eventually, so I am curious how long does it usually take to get there?

Any other related information would be helpful as well! TIA

I am already in the EC industry as I love working with kids so really wanna find out more about this prog (and gov seems to be ramping up the hiring of EC educators as well)!
Lynnie_xoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 10:36 PM   #6026

anyone know when i can reapply for NIE if i got rejected in this year feb intake?

do i reapply in aug since its 6 months already? or only reapply next year feb?
CherKels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:27 AM   #6027

anyone know when i can reapply for NIE if i got rejected in this year feb intake?

do i reapply in aug since its 6 months already? or only reapply next year feb?
You can try to reapply in aug since its 6 months
Olympiadane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2020, 06:02 PM   #6028

Hiii guys,

not sure if this is the right place to ask/post (do direct me to the relevant page/post if this is incorrect, thanks!), but i would like to ask about being an MOE Kindergarten teacher.

1) How are the working hours and job scope like?
2) How is the salary increment and progression like as well? I do have hopes of becoming a DCH eventually, so I am curious how long does it usually take to get there?

Any other related information would be helpful as well! TIA

I am already in the EC industry as I love working with kids so really wanna find out more about this prog (and gov seems to be ramping up the hiring of EC educators as well)!
I think you will be posted to the newer primary schools that have kindergarden inside

Yes there is a lack of EC educators as compared to pri/sec/jc teachers
Old 15-04-2020, 11:22 AM   #6029

I received my rejection email today
kaopeiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2020, 11:33 AM   #6030

I received my rejection email today
Hi! Did you receive any EPT email?
monmonshironeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.