HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree457Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2020, 10:18 PM   #6601

Both times I applied for secondary maths/science. First time no reply. Second time they called me and asked if I'm keen on primary mother tongue. I said ok and went for interview on June 16.
icicccc, thanks for the reply... what's your mother tongue language?
I applied for JC science and no reply... thinking of applying primary subjects...
xingyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:05 AM   #6602

icicccc, thanks for the reply... what's your mother tongue language?
I applied for JC science and no reply... thinking of applying primary subjects...
Mine is Tamil. I think Primary subject generally have higher demand. The demand for English & Maths for primary level is quite high also. I heard that JC level is one of the hardest to get in. I think generally science & maths (in sec and JC level) has low vacancies but alot of applicants.
hameedmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:51 AM   #6603

You can try sec science. If you are very lucky you might have the chance to crossover to JC. Happened to my friend when she was in NIE.

Else you can consider trying independent schools like RI or hwa chong, where they have their own career portal and they do hire JC teachers. But they may still prefer applicants with some teaching qualifications. I tried before for sec sch teacher but not shortlisted for interview, but no harm trying.

Last edited by b4zabeat; 05-07-2020 at 11:14 AM..
b4zabeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:18 AM   #6604

Hi everyone,

I am going for EPT this coming Monday. Am from the Jan/Feb intake.

Im not too concerned over the oral aspect of the test but worried for the written component. Has anyone failed EPT before?

Last edited by sighcology; 04-07-2020 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: buggy internet connection
sighcology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:33 AM   #6605

Hi everyone,

Im not too concerned over the oral aspect of the test but worried for the written component. Has anyone failed EPT before?
Its possible to fail EPT. I have known a person who had failed it several times (because her English is really quite bad). In the end she was asked to take some English course for the subsequent reapplication. Not sure if she was offered in the end.
sighcology likes this.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:58 AM   #6606

Its possible to fail EPT. I have known a person who had failed it several times (because her English is really quite bad). In the end she was asked to take some English course for the subsequent reapplication. Not sure if she was offered in the end.
Oh bummer. Have you taken the EPT? If yes, grateful if you could share some info on the written component!
Old 04-07-2020, 03:34 PM   #6607

Oh bummer. Have you taken the EPT? If yes, grateful if you could share some info on the written component!
I have not taken it before
Old 04-07-2020, 03:56 PM   #6608

Be familiar with essay structures. There will be a situational writing and an argumentative essay!

Be prepared to express your personal experiences & thoughts during the oral component!
Hi everyone,

Hi sighcology, I have previously written a post regarding EPT. Not sure if it is helpful for you. In any case, feel free to pm me if you do any help! All the best
onestraightarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 06:46 PM   #6609

Lightbulb

Both times I applied for secondary maths/science. First time no reply. Second time they called me and asked if I'm keen on primary mother tongue. I said ok and went for interview on June 16.
Hameed MR, How was your interview? Mine is also for Tamil Language ( Primary) it's next week. Can you please share your experience & guide me to do well.
Singkiasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 10:21 PM   #6610

Hi sighcology, I have previously written a post regarding EPT. Not sure if it is helpful for you. In any case, feel free to pm me if you do any help! All the best
Awesome, that's all I need to know actually; Situational and argumentative writing. Thanks a lot!
Old 04-07-2020, 11:18 PM   #6611

Hameed MR, How was your interview? Mine is also for Tamil Language ( Primary) it's next week. Can you please share your experience & guide me to do well.
I've sent you a PM.
Singkiasu likes this.
hameedmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:13 AM   #6612

Thank you very much
Singkiasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:37 AM   #6613

Anyone applied for MOE Kindergarten Teacher Training Programme (MK TTP)?
Helpmehelpme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:33 PM   #6614
Supremacy Member

Hi singkiasu, mind if i asked when did you apply to NIE and when did you get called up for interview?

I only got email that i'm shortlisted for interview but they haven't told me which subject i'm allocated to and the date of the interview.
jeffrey745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:31 PM   #6615

Mine is Tamil. I think Primary subject generally have higher demand. The demand for English & Maths for primary level is quite high also. I heard that JC level is one of the hardest to get in. I think generally science & maths (in sec and JC level) has low vacancies but alot of applicants.
Thank you so much for the reply... I applied for 2 different windows and do I need to withdraw the previous applications? I saw both of my applications listed for both diffrent window though, just that the first time I received an email acknowledgement on the application from MOE, but no email acknowledgement the second time...
xingyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.