HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree457Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2020, 06:46 PM   #6646

Does moe seem to be more stringent on the sec level? It seems to me that most people get interviews for primary school (or they will ask the applicant to teach at primary level instead). Is it because of manpower?
Turtle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 07:00 PM   #6647

Does moe seem to be more stringent on the sec level? It seems to me that most people get interviews for primary school (or they will ask the applicant to teach at primary level instead). Is it because of manpower?
Yes, they are more strict for Sec level applicants as there are lesser vacancies for them. There are excess teachers for Math and Science. Would have a better chance if you pick languages or humanities subjects.

Generally the recruitment for new teachers dropped after the school mergers few years back, don't need as much new teachers anymore. So you will be facing strong competition these days.

Last edited by b4zabeat; 07-07-2020 at 07:14 PM..
b4zabeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 07:09 PM   #6648

Hi everyone. I`ve following this thread for awhile. Thank you all for your insights. I applied on 5th june diploma in education. During the 12may to 9th jun application period. Has anyone receive any interview? My application status is still under submitted. Do i keep waiting or can i apply for the july to august application period? My background is diploma in sports coaching RP and 4 years teaching sports in primary and secondary school, doing cca as well as tuition. Appreciates your insights on this. Thank you.
If your status keep remain as 'submitted', then quite low chance to get interviewed
Old 07-07-2020, 09:45 PM   #6649

Hi guys, I'm new here. I've been a silent reader for quite some time now. I am going for the DipED and MK training programme interview on 08/07. Feeling quite overwhelmed already haha. Anybody else going for interview tomorrow?
Hi may I ask when did MK hr contact you? I applied and received email saying shortlisted but need to fill up annex form. After that no news.
Helpmehelpme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:36 PM   #6650

Hi may I ask when did MK hr contact you? I applied and received email saying shortlisted but need to fill up annex form. After that no news.
Hi! I submitted my application for MK teacher training programme on 30/05, received an email from HR on 24/06 and confirmed my attendance for the interview, received confirmation of attendance email from HR on 25/06 (hr did mention to wait for another email) then i received email for Interview Details on 30/06. Hope this helps!
catsinacradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:42 PM   #6651

Hi everyone. I`ve following this thread for awhile. Thank you all for your insights. I applied on 5th june diploma in education. During the 12may to 9th jun application period. Has anyone receive any interview? My application status is still under submitted. Do i keep waiting or can i apply for the july to august application period? My background is diploma in sports coaching RP and 4 years teaching sports in primary and secondary school, doing cca as well as tuition. Appreciates your insights on this. Thank you.
Hi there, here's my timeline for my DipED application:

31/05 - applied online
25/06 - received email from HR for an interview.
catsinacradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:15 PM   #6652

Hi thanks for replying. It`s sad and frustrating at the same time that they never give any updates regarding the application. I will give another 2 days. If not i withdraw and apply in the new window again. I applied and put for both p.e primary school.
Mas Selamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:16 PM   #6653

Hi there, here's my timeline for my DipED application:

31/05 - applied online
25/06 - received email from HR for an interview.
Thats great! Good luck to you.
Mas Selamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:16 PM   #6654

Hi! I submitted my application for MK teacher training programme on 30/05, received an email from HR on 24/06 and confirmed my attendance for the interview, received confirmation of attendance email from HR on 25/06 (hr did mention to wait for another email) then i received email for Interview Details on 30/06. Hope this helps!
Hi thanks for replying!! Iíve submitted on 2 June, and received the email to complete form on 17 June. So wondering why until now still no updates.. Iíve also emailed them but no replies. 🤢
Helpmehelpme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 07:33 AM   #6655

Hi thanks for replying!! Iíve submitted on 2 June, and received the email to complete form on 17 June. So wondering why until now still no updates.. Iíve also emailed them but no replies. 🤢
Hi I applied for MK Training programme on 18 May and received email on 17 June stating that I am shortlisted and will need to fill up the Annex A form.After that there is no update from them.Have also emailed them quite a few times but no reply as well.Status in portal is in process.I wonder what is going on.
Crimson 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 08:27 AM   #6656

Hi there!!! Iím in the exact situation as you too!! Applied on the 2nd and received the shortlisted email on the 17th but till now thereís no updates feeling quite anxious tbh.
monmonshironeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 09:36 AM   #6657

if you are asked to fill up some form, likely that you will get an interview soon. Experienced it twice, both led to interview.

Last edited by b4zabeat; 08-07-2020 at 09:43 AM..
Old 08-07-2020, 10:03 AM   #6658

if you are asked to fill up some form, likely that you will get an interview soon. Experienced it twice, both led to interview.
Yes Iíve experienced it thrice and 3 interviews but this time round I tried for MKTTP so feel quite anxious as itís been 3 weeks since the shortlisted email for an interview. It might be due to the election though....
monmonshironeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 11:52 AM   #6659
Supremacy Member

Hi there!!! Iím in the exact situation as you too!! Applied on the 2nd and received the shortlisted email on the 17th but till now thereís no updates feeling quite anxious tbh.
Hi, I submitted my application on 8june and got asked to fill up online form around same time as u.

I jus got email for interview today, they are offering me to teach Chinese, but I'm not comfortable with it.

Gonna call them up to request for change of subjects
jeffrey745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 12:07 PM   #6660

no way man lol. have maths degree teach humanities abit weird. lol. let me know if moe calls you. meanwhile gotta wait next intake for pe again
When they will call us de ah? Still no calls Haha
Wnleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.