HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree454Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2020, 04:40 PM   #6676

Hi five mate. At least I'm not alone! Thanks for replying! And my status is still in process...
Hey Moonbear, my application with Careers@gov is still “in process”. MOE just called to ask if i’m interested to teach Pri Chinese as the competition in the subjects I applied for (Sec Principles of Accounts & Elements of Business) is high. Did you receive any updates from MOE?
Greenliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 06:11 PM   #6677

Hey Moonbear, my application with Careers@gov is still “in process”. MOE just called to ask if i’m interested to teach Pri Chinese as the competition in the subjects I applied for (Sec Principles of Accounts & Elements of Business) is high. Did you receive any updates from MOE?
Hi!! They did not call me T.T

But I hear say some people do get calls from moe asking if they itnerested in teaching other subjects. Maybe they wanna keep you as a teacher real bad!!
Moonbear1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 07:55 PM   #6678

Hi everyone. Is it possible to apply again twice if my previous applications on the website still says submitted? Or do i have to withdraw and then apply? Thank you
Mas Selamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 09:41 AM   #6679

Hi everyone. Is it possible to apply again twice if my previous applications on the website still says submitted? Or do i have to withdraw and then apply? Thank you
Hi there! Are you referring to your teaching applications or other positions? If it’s for the teaching ones, and if it’s the past two windows, you might want to consider to withdraw. Did you remember the cut-off date that MOE indicated in the email that they’ve sent you to note should you be unsuccessful?

There’s always a date that they’ve indicated in the email that says “ You may check your application status on the Careers@Gov portal or assume that your application is unsuccessful if you do not hear from us by (insert date here)”.

If the date has passed, then there’s a possibility your application is not successful. If it hasn’t, maybe don’t withdraw just yet?
monmonshironeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 11:48 AM   #6680

Hi guys, I'm new here. I've been a silent reader for quite some time now. I am going for the DipED and MK training programme interview on 08/07. Feeling quite overwhelmed already haha. Anybody else going for interview tomorrow?
Hi! How was your interview?
Helpmehelpme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 09:14 PM   #6681

Does anyone know whether someone's chance of getting into a civil service position might be affected depending on which party the person voted for?
sleeping_giant1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 09:40 PM   #6682

Does anyone know whether someone's chance of getting into a civil service position might be affected depending on which party the person voted for?
Depends on whether the principle that your vote is secret & cant be traced back to you is true or false.
MobileAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 01:04 AM   #6683
Supremacy Member

Your vote is secret. Dun worry

If not, those ppl staying in aljunied and hougang wouldn't b working in civil service alr
jeffrey745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 02:13 AM   #6684

Hi there! Are you referring to your teaching applications or other positions? If it’s for the teaching ones, and if it’s the past two windows, you might want to consider to withdraw. Did you remember the cut-off date that MOE indicated in the email that they’ve sent you to note should you be unsuccessful?

There’s always a date that they’ve indicated in the email that says “ You may check your application status on the Careers@Gov portal or assume that your application is unsuccessful if you do not hear from us by (insert date here)”.

If the date has passed, then there’s a possibility your application is not successful. If it hasn’t, maybe don’t withdraw just yet?

Hi there, thanks for replying. Ouh I`m referring to the teaching position which is diploma in education under Untrained teacher.
Yes I remembered thst the email MOE send to me stated the cut off date is 12 july which is sunday. So I`ve got until sunday to wait for a call or good news. I don`t know but base on my experience of using careers.gov website, it seems quite hard to get an interview or jobs. I seem to have like a 10% out of 100% of securing an interview. Hopefully there will be good news soon..praying for everyone who is facing the same difficulties as me🙏
Mas Selamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:17 AM   #6685

Hi there, thanks for replying. Ouh I`m referring to the teaching position which is diploma in education under Untrained teacher.
Yes I remembered thst the email MOE send to me stated the cut off date is 12 july which is sunday. So I`ve got until sunday to wait for a call or good news. I don`t know but base on my experience of using careers.gov website, it seems quite hard to get an interview or jobs. I seem to have like a 10% out of 100% of securing an interview. Hopefully there will be good news soon..praying for everyone who is facing the same difficulties as me🙏
Generally it is because of the coronavirus now. Graduates just came out recently and there are also people who lost their jobs. I faced the same problem when using career@gov this year, only 1 called me up for interview. The job market is very bad now.

You will probably face fierce competition for teaching during this period. Because application for teaching doesn't require prior experience, it is likely that many people are considering it as an alternative career.
b4zabeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 02:26 PM   #6686

Hello,

I submitted my application for Diploma in Education (Pri Art) yesterday. I am a polytechnic graduate from a social work diploma and my GPA wasn't great. Just wondering, are they very particular about your grades or more towards your art portfolio? I also would like to know how many days do they give you to prepare for the interview if let's say you get shortlisted?

I've been reading this forum and it seems like the competition is high so I'm pretty pessimistic about it.
meryl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 02:59 PM   #6687

Hello,

I submitted my application for Diploma in Education (Pri Art) yesterday. I am a polytechnic graduate from a social work diploma and my GPA wasn't great. Just wondering, are they very particular about your grades or more towards your art portfolio? I also would like to know how many days do they give you to prepare for the interview if let's say you get shortlisted?

I've been reading this forum and it seems like the competition is high so I'm pretty pessimistic about it.
Generally you don't need excellent grades to get in. I know people who have poor grades but got in, and have also seen some people with good grades getting rejected.

They will give you sufficient time to prepare for interview, at least 1 - 2 weeks.
meryl01 likes this.
b4zabeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 09:15 PM   #6688

Hello,

I attended 2 interviews for art and both times, the panel wasn't very interested in looking through my portfolio at all. They just flipped it a little (probably spent like less than a min looking at it) and that was that. They spent more time on the interview portion. I must have done something right since I'm starting my untrained stint soon. Don't worry too much about the grades cos I don't think they are that important since moe will train you if need be.
poodleparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2020, 08:53 AM   #6689

Hi, I am from the Jan/Feb intake.

Anyone who went for the interview in June/July, did they indicate when is the earliest start date? I have missed the July 13 intake due to the delay from covid-19.

Jan/Feb intake will probably be pushed together with the June/July batch.

Appreciate it!
pure.fresh003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2020, 10:15 AM   #6690

Hi! Just did my interview for untrained stint in pri (art).

Does anyone know if this increases/decreases my chances of getting in?

- at the end of interview, one of the interviewers told me that I should keep in mind to articulate better and not use “ums” and “ahs” since as a teacher we are supposed to speak properly. (edit: I’m usually loud and a clear speaker, so I’m assuming (and hope) that she was referring to my excessive use of fillers..)

- i faced a couple of hiccups at the start and the interviewers seemed annoyed. during my presentation of the lesson plan, it was cut short (although the interviewer mentioned it is because they just want to get a feel of how i conduct a lesson). Another lady (HR?) looked through most of my portfolio.

- i was asked quite a few questions, which were:
- why do you want to be a teacher?
- do you know that as a teacher you are not only to teach arts. but also handle other matters? do you know what they are?
- do you know what a form teacher is/what they are in charge of?
- do you think you are capable of being a form teacher?
- how would your friends describe you?

I feel like i screwed up my interview even though i was prepared😭

Last edited by vnnnnn; 14-07-2020 at 11:27 AM..
vnnnnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.