HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree454Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-07-2020, 12:03 AM   #6781

In the same boat as you, wondering when we may next apply? Next window? Next next window?
They got a cooling period i think. Apply the the next next intake. I think they got quota. Like one intake can take around 10 people. But with the current world situation, probably got 100 people apply.
Mas Selamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2020, 12:06 AM   #6782

They got a cooling period i think. Apply the the next next intake. I think they got quota. Like one intake can take around 10 people. But with the current world situation, probably got 100 people apply.
Sigh if only they can see my passion
otterboxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2020, 12:10 AM   #6783

Hi!! may i know what degree programme you were in when you applied for the PGDE?
I'm using my diploma in sports coaching from local poly to apply for Diploma in education (untrained teacher) . Been working in Primary school as a after school sports teacher not cca. More like Pal programme with sports for the last 4 years.
otterboxes likes this.
Old 17-07-2020, 12:12 AM   #6784

Sigh if only they can see my passion
Same here. If i could convey my message to the HR personnel handling this, i wanna say that I'm heartbroken but will keep on applying till i get in. Apply until sians haha.
otterboxes likes this.
Old 17-07-2020, 07:51 AM   #6785

Hi, I receive the email of certificate of service too, asking me to submit. But in the end got rejected. Was inform my application was unsuccessful. How about you? Did u manage to get it?

MOE has emailed me to ask for the Certificates of Service etc from my previous employers. Does anyone know if this is a tell-tale sign that I am being selected?

Also... just to share an experience... i dont think that this is any grace period. i have applied in Jan/Feb, have been selected for interview but got rejected. I have applied again in the May/June period, i have been selected for interview again.. however i have applied for another subject instead. Sometimes it might just be the subject that we have applied that makes the difference.
Sonlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2020, 09:04 AM   #6786

studying pharm
I think you might get the following combinations:
- Sec Bio/Chem/Lower Sec Math
- Pri EL & Sci
- Mother Tongue

Sometimes they might put you in mother tongue. Happened to my life science friend who applied for bio and math.
otterboxes likes this.
b4zabeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2020, 09:07 AM   #6787

Heard from my colleague who got in that at his briefing there were about 70+ people.

I think there is much more than 100 people applying. On normal days there are already many people applying.

Last edited by b4zabeat; 17-07-2020 at 09:22 AM..
Old 17-07-2020, 09:11 AM   #6788

I receive rejection email from moe today. My 2nd time interview with them. Anyone make it? Just wondering if they are really stringent or what criteria are they looking into?
They are very stringent these days. It is due to the lower demand to train new teachers, because of low birth rate and which resulted in school mergers few years back. Likely to be even more competitive these days because the covid pandemic affected the job market.
Old 17-07-2020, 09:32 AM   #6789

I wonder if get testimonials to back up for the next application..donít know if it helps. Seems like so challenging & gloomy to get the job. Tot I have done pretty good in the interview but turn out 😞. Quite sad to keep going for the same interview but didnít get it.

They are very stringent these days. It is due to the lower demand to train new teachers, because of low birth rate and which resulted in school mergers few years back. Likely to be even more competitive these days because the covid pandemic affected the job market.
Old 17-07-2020, 10:54 AM   #6790

I wonder if get testimonials to back up for the next application..donít know if it helps. Seems like so challenging & gloomy to get the job. Tot I have done pretty good in the interview but turn out 😞. Quite sad to keep going for the same interview but didnít get it.
It may help if the testimonials are teaching related.
Old 17-07-2020, 11:03 AM   #6791

Thanks! Shall try for the next next opening. Since I donít think they will call me (just got rejected) for interview if I will to submit the current opening. Btw are you trying or you have gotten a position from moe?

It may help if the testimonials are teaching related.
Old 17-07-2020, 11:39 AM   #6792

hello everyone, i also applied for pri eng and maths (PGDE) during the may/june window. sry to hear that some of your applications were unsuccessful. i'm currently still waiting for an update
eastboi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2020, 12:30 PM   #6793

I think you might get the following combinations:
- Sec Bio/Chem/Lower Sec Math
- Pri EL & Sci
- Mother Tongue

Sometimes they might put you in mother tongue. Happened to my life science friend who applied for bio and math.
Do you know if lower sec science is an official NIE teaching subject in itself. if this is not the case, can people who took Bio, chem or physics teach lower secondary officially?
beaconofhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2020, 12:46 PM   #6794

Hi. When was your interview?

hello everyone, i also applied for pri eng and maths (PGDE) during the may/june window. sry to hear that some of your applications were unsuccessful. i'm currently still waiting for an update
Old 17-07-2020, 12:52 PM   #6795

Thanks! Shall try for the next next opening. Since I don’t think they will call me (just got rejected) for interview if I will to submit the current opening. Btw are you trying or you have gotten a position from moe?
I was rejected 4 times. Had tuition and relief teaching experiences. Decided to find other jobs instead.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.