HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree500Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2020, 09:40 PM   #7696

May/June 2020

thanks for sharing beaconofhope and nameless!

hope that our paths can cross one day

btw, to update may/june peeps, my status has been finally updated but i have yet to receive the medical email~~

may/june 2020 peeps, lets continue to update each other? thaanks
Lynnie_xoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 10:08 PM   #7697

btw, to update may/june peeps, my status has been finally updated but i have yet to receive the medical email~~

Updated to Shortlisted?

Posted from PCWX using Mi A2 Lake Blue
carboy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 10:52 PM   #7698

Updated to Shortlisted?

Posted from PCWX using Mi A2 Lake Blue
Yes, thats right!
Old 23-09-2020, 11:59 PM   #7699

Yes, thats right!
omg! happy for u! i noticed u have been q anxious on this thread (me too) hahaha & im glad this has taken a good turn. hopefully it'll all turn out well!

btw whats your timeline? sorry if i missed it but i couldnt find one in your older posts lol

Last edited by Oolongteanosugar; 24-09-2020 at 12:12 AM..
Oolongteanosugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 12:04 AM   #7700

Hi Lynnie! Congratulations!!! praying for the best for the june-august 2020 batch too!!!
monmonshironeko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 12:42 AM   #7701

DipEd Mother Tongue

Hi anybody applied for DipEd for Tamil Language. I have been called for Mother Tongue EPT not sure how its gonna be like. Anybody who has gone for tamil EPT please help out. Thank youu
PurpleBarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 08:16 AM   #7702

Yes, thats right!
Congrats! Hope it is good news for all in May/June batch as well!
carboy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 08:34 AM   #7703

omg! happy for u! i noticed u have been q anxious on this thread (me too) hahaha & im glad this has taken a good turn. hopefully it'll all turn out well!

btw whats your timeline? sorry if i missed it but i couldnt find one in your older posts lol
May/June 2020

10 Jun - Shortlisted for interview email
3 Jul - Interview @ Mount Sinai
30 Jul - Processing email (only received one processing email to date)
4 Aug - EPT Availablity for 2 Sept email (Not asked to take eventually)
15 Sep - Request for documents email
23 Sep - Status changed from "in process" to "shortlisted"

Thank you carboy00, monmonshironeko and oolongteanosugar for your well wishes! Hoping for the best for u guys too!

All the best to everyone!
Old 24-09-2020, 12:08 PM   #7704

May/June 2020

10 Jun - Shortlisted for interview email
3 Jul - Interview @ Mount Sinai
30 Jul - Processing email (only received one processing email to date)
4 Aug - EPT Availablity for 2 Sept email (Not asked to take eventually)
15 Sep - Request for documents email
23 Sep - Status changed from "in process" to "shortlisted"

Thank you carboy00, monmonshironeko and oolongteanosugar for your well wishes! Hoping for the best for u guys too!

All the best to everyone!

Congrats Lynnie!

I just want to ask, judging from what you say here, that you were not required to take the EPT to get shortlisted? Or medical for that matter?

Or does these two things usually come after being shortlisted. Meaning there is still a chance that you might not be chosen for the course? (Subject to medical and EPT)

I hope I worded the questions well. Apologies if it sounds confusing.
pokkamilkcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 01:35 PM   #7705

Congrats Lynnie!

I just want to ask, judging from what you say here, that you were not required to take the EPT to get shortlisted? Or medical for that matter?

Or does these two things usually come after being shortlisted. Meaning there is still a chance that you might not be chosen for the course? (Subject to medical and EPT)

I hope I worded the questions well. Apologies if it sounds confusing.
Hi Pokkamilkcoffee!

I think in general (based on my understanding and fellow forumers experience), it is possible to be rejected as long as the letter of appointment is not signed.

For May/June batch, it seems like the medical email comes after the change in status. So im keeping my fingers crossed to receive that email as the "next step".

As for EL EPT, they did not ask me to take 2 Sep EPT (to which i indicated i was available) and did not provide me with details about the upcoming EPTs. So my guess is im exempted. But thats just my guess, we dk how they work/screen candidates so i wouldnt say its impossible that they might ask me to go for the EPT. Theres still a slight possibility i guess!

Hope this helps with what youre asking!!!

Fellow May/June 2020 batch peeps, do update here if u have received any kind of updates!

Last edited by Lynnie_xoxo; 24-09-2020 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 24-09-2020, 01:59 PM   #7706

Mine is Tamil. I think Primary subject generally have higher demand. The demand for English & Maths for primary level is quite high also. I heard that JC level is one of the hardest to get in. I think generally science & maths (in sec and JC level) has low vacancies but alot of applicants.

Hii did u apply for PGDE or DipEd? And also do u have to go for MT EPT?
PurpleBarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 02:27 PM   #7707

Hii did u apply for PGDE or DipEd? And also do u have to go for MT EPT?
Hi PurpleBarney,

Based on my research, Whether it's for D.Ed , P.Ed, TL, ML Or CL. EPT is a common test for Language profciency. They will test your Reading, Speaking & writing proficiency. The format will be the same fo everything.

I am unable to guide you further because I haven't taken up the test. If you read through the previous messages in this forum, you may get some tips. All the best.
Singkiasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 05:00 PM   #7708

Red face interview

hi i’m new to this thread and i applied for eng/math for the aug batch and my interview is next week. i was wondering for the may/june batch anyone has any questions for the interview that are out of the norm (why you wanna teach etc)? i looked through glassdoor and there isnt much questions that are updated!!

also wondering apart from knowing the syllabus and current moe policies, anything i should look out for? thanks in adv!!
zipsandlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 05:18 PM   #7709

Their questions are very honest and practical. Like “why do you want to teach”, “how would you cope with your teaching if you have a lot of admin tasks,” “what CCA task can you take up besides teaching the subjects you were selected for”. Some of the interviewers might be school principals looking for someone to fill up the vacancy they are having.

hi i’m new to this thread and i applied for eng/math for the aug batch and my interview is next week. i was wondering for the may/june batch anyone has any questions for the interview that are out of the norm (why you wanna teach etc)? i looked through glassdoor and there isnt much questions that are updated!!

also wondering apart from knowing the syllabus and current moe policies, anything i should look out for? thanks in adv!!
Gofly1929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 05:26 PM   #7710

Their questions are very honest and practical. Like “why do you want to teach”, “how would you cope with your teaching if you have a lot of admin tasks,” “what CCA task can you take up besides teaching the subjects you were selected for”. Some of the interviewers might be school principals looking for someone to fill up the vacancy they are having.
thank you so much for your reply! these questions are honestly one of the toughest qns to answer cause we havent even been through it i have no idea what i can do or how i can cope too? hahaha
zipsandlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.