HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree500Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2020, 05:44 PM   #7711

Hi! Anyone applied for 5th August-1st September window? Did you get any updates or interview dates?
Hi! I applied on 5th august, i have yet to get an email, and my status is still at “submit”, anyone from aug/sep intake received an update already?
xvaaxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 08:03 PM   #7712

Is it on 30th sept or 2nd of oct?
30 Sept. A typo on my part, thanks for pointing out.

For the written test, I saw this on the website: "Candidates are tested on their knowledge of grammar, vocabulary usage and stylistic features of the language and reading comprehension. They are also required to write a short composition."

This is why I wonder if the written test will be like paper 2 + short compo. But I guess we will know on the day itself.
NamelessGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 08:41 PM   #7713

Hi! I applied on 5th august, i have yet to get an email, and my status is still at “submit”, anyone from aug/sep intake received an update already?
hi i applied on 19 aug and got the call on 15 sept.
zipsandlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 08:57 PM   #7714

Hi! I’m new to this thread. I’d applied in the June/August window, for DipEd in Music (Pri), Untrained Teacher.

Here’s my timeline:
28 Aug - Shortlisted for interview, to fill up Annex A
4 Sept - Email on further details of the interview
24 Sept - Went for the interview at Mt. Sinai

How long do you usually have to wait until they schedule an audition? Or how soon will you know the outcome of the interview (if unsuccessful)?
Yoshikuroneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 09:01 PM   #7715

Hi! I’m new to this thread. I’d applied in the June/August window, for DipEd in Music (Pri), Untrained Teacher.

Here’s my timeline:
28 Aug - Shortlisted for interview, to fill up Annex A
4 Sept - Email on further details of the interview
24 Sept - Went for the interview at Mt. Sinai

How long do you usually have to wait until they schedule an audition? Or how soon will you know the outcome of the interview (if unsuccessful)?
4-6 weeks as was stated in the document
Old 24-09-2020, 09:21 PM   #7716

I applied on 30 Aug and received an email last week saying i was shortlisted for an interview. Further to that it was stated that i'd receive a notification to say which subjects i would be shortlisted for.
BurstSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 09:49 PM   #7717

Hi! Anyone here sat for the EL EPT on 2nd September and have yet to receive results for the test? Was told that results will be emailed to us 2 weeks after and it’s been 3 weeks now.
thewaitingteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 11:14 PM   #7718

Hi does anyone know if there will be another application window This year for dip in ed?
Boredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 08:29 AM   #7719

hi i’m new to this thread and i applied for eng/math for the aug batch and my interview is next week. i was wondering for the may/june batch anyone has any questions for the interview that are out of the norm (why you wanna teach etc)? i looked through glassdoor and there isnt much questions that are updated!!

also wondering apart from knowing the syllabus and current moe policies, anything i should look out for? thanks in adv!!
I applied for Eng and Maths as well and I chose to present a math lesson. A question that caught me off guard was they asked me "You would be required to teach english as well. If you were to present a lesson for English, how would you have gone about doing it?"
pokkamilkcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 09:07 AM   #7720

I applied for Eng and Maths as well and I chose to present a math lesson. A question that caught me off guard was they asked me "You would be required to teach english as well. If you were to present a lesson for English, how would you have gone about doing it?"
I believe you are shortlisted EL/Math for primary right? There's a demand for Primary EL teachers at the moment, hence their focus has always been on Primary EL during the interview should you be shortlisted for any of the primary subjects with EL. I realised that from my first attempt last October, I presented Primary Science and almost all questions were directed towards EL syllabus. Hence for my recent 2nd attempt I chose to prepare EL and questions pertaining to EL syllabus.
carboy00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 11:37 AM   #7721

omg i was planning to present maths too!
Old 25-09-2020, 11:38 AM   #7722

30 Sept. A typo on my part, thanks for pointing out.

For the written test, I saw this on the website: "Candidates are tested on their knowledge of grammar, vocabulary usage and stylistic features of the language and reading comprehension. They are also required to write a short composition."

This is why I wonder if the written test will be like paper 2 + short compo. But I guess we will know on the day itself.

Oh I see! Yes, even I got to know that they will ask you to write an expository or narrative compo writing.

In my case, I haven't received any email regarding EPT. But my application is still in 'process' mode. I've mailed them regarding my application status. Need to wait & see.

All the best to you for your test
Singkiasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 12:32 PM   #7723

I believe you are shortlisted EL/Math for primary right? There's a demand for Primary EL teachers at the moment, hence their focus has always been on Primary EL during the interview should you be shortlisted for any of the primary subjects with EL. I realised that from my first attempt last October, I presented Primary Science and almost all questions were directed towards EL syllabus. Hence for my recent 2nd attempt I chose to prepare EL and questions pertaining to EL syllabus.
Yup, I did. What you said makes a lot of sense now. My reply wasn't bad but it wasn't the best either. Wished I had researched about it more beforehand. But I hope this helps anyone preparing for an interview right now!

omg i was planning to present maths too!
Presenting a Math lesson is probably perfectly fine. Just prepare yourself for questions pertaining to English as well!
carboy00 likes this.
pokkamilkcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 02:56 PM   #7724

Any examples if qns pertaining to english?
Old 25-09-2020, 04:55 PM   #7725

Hi! Anyone here sat for the EL EPT on 2nd September and have yet to receive results for the test? Was told that results will be emailed to us 2 weeks after and it’s been 3 weeks now.
I sat for EL EPT on 2 sept. From my understanding, we should be getting our results about 4 weeks after the test date.
lonelypanda is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.