NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

faeriedust_

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Can I ask whether anyone has recently received an email regarding medical appt? I received Annex A2 on 18 March and have been patiently waiting for updates since.

nemodemo

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Can I ask whether anyone has recently received an email regarding medical appt? I received Annex A2 on 18 March and have been patiently waiting for updates since.
If you don't have to take any EPT, waiting for a month is normal. Based on past posts, the waiting time could be as long as three months. Good luck!

EE0_033

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my interview was on 26 march and I just received the rejection email yesterday. =(

While preparing for the next application and interview, I would like to know if anyone did the teaching demo for teaching subject 2 instead of teaching subject 1?

I demonstrated for teaching subject 1 (english) during the interview but I feel that I would do better if I was allowed to demo teaching subject 2 (science) instead. I'm more of a math and science guy.

abubudududa

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my interview was on 26 march and I just received the rejection email yesterday. =(

While preparing for the next application and interview, I would like to know if anyone did the teaching demo for teaching subject 2 instead of teaching subject 1?

I demonstrated for teaching subject 1 (english) during the interview but I feel that I would do better if I was allowed to demo teaching subject 2 (science) instead. I'm more of a math and science guy.
Oh dear :( but lucky u can always try again !

I think the email and instructions state clearly that we should demo our subject 1 ley... Not sure if anyone done subject 2 before.

Btw, did you receive Annex 2 form?

EE0_033

Reaction score
Oh dear :( but lucky u can always try again !

I think the email and instructions state clearly that we should demo our subject 1 ley... Not sure if anyone done subject 2 before.

Btw, did you receive Annex 2 form?
Nope, only rejection so no need send any Annex 2 form already i think?

I heard from past batches that they can demo subject 2 which was what got my friend in. Hence, asking around if this is still true.

nemodemo

Reaction score

Keep trying. The first time I applied was when I graduated from college. I was rejected after the interview. Last year was my second attempt, didn't even get a chance for an interview. This year is my third attempt. I didn't have much hope, but surprisingly, I made it to the language exam stage. Although I don't know the final result, I'm keeping a positive mindset, hoping for some luck.

Last edited:

EE0_033

Reaction score
Keep trying. The first time I applied was when I graduated from college. I was rejected after the interview. Last year was my second attempt, didn't even get a chance for an interview. This year is my third attempt. I didn't have much hope, but surprisingly, I made it to the language exam stage. Although I don't know the final result, I'm keeping a positive mindset, hoping for some luck." I graduated from college. I was rejected after the interview. Last year was my second attempt, didn't even get a chance for an interview. This year is my third attempt. I didn't have much hope, but surprisingly, I made it to the language exam stage. Although I don't know the final result, I'm keeping a positive mindset, hoping for some luck. Wish you all the best…
U made it past the interview means its gonna be ok. Unless yr language exam is bad beyond repair

At least that's what i heard.

Sure the feeling of rejection sucks. But life has to go on so might as well use the time to improve so that higher chance of selection next time 💪

tungstenoxide

Reaction score

when you filled up the application form did you indicate English as first choice then Science as the second? Because if that's what you selected then I think you have to demo for subject 1 since they probably would have assigned interviewers in the field of subject 1 (not so sure how true is this, just speculating) and i would really recommend following the instructions in the email they send

if you did really offer the subjects based on your ranking in the application form this time round, you can put science as the first choice of subject then english as the second when you apply again so you're kinda guaranteed to demo teaching science if that is really how they offer you the subjects

sorry to hear that you got rejected, really like your positive mindset of handling it and all the best for your next application!! :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.