HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree526Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2021, 01:14 PM   #8371

I applied jan 2021, today was my interview. I must’ve let my nerves get to me or maybe it was my slightly reserved nature, but at the very end, one of the panelists said she wasn’t getting any sense of passion from me. Walked out of the place and security guard just looked at me while I was walking over. Then he said “all the best to you yeah, be happy.” I lost it and cldnt stop crying outside (‘: advice for those going, show passion! Atb (:
CherKels likes this.
SighX3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 01:33 PM   #8372

I applied jan 2021, today was my interview. I must’ve let my nerves get to me or maybe it was my slightly reserved nature, but at the very end, one of the panelists said she wasn’t getting any sense of passion from me. Walked out of the place and security guard just looked at me while I was walking over. Then he said “all the best to you yeah, be happy.” I lost it and cldnt stop crying outside (‘: advice for those going, show passion! Atb (:
Oh dear, so sorry to hear that!

Which level and sub did you apply for?

What done is done, just hope for the best ya?
escarelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 01:49 PM   #8373

Sending you a virtual hug!

I'm sure you tried your best! May all be well. Meanwhile, try to stay positive, who knows, it might just be a trial to "see" your reaction.

Have a good rest, A+ for your effort during today's interview! 😊
CherKels likes this.
Miloiced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 04:40 PM   #8374

Hello, did anyone apply for the recent Jan 2021 application? Did you receive any updates or is it too early to expect anything for now?
Me too! But I havent got any updates..
Cassie13149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 07:10 PM   #8375

So sorry to hear that. Take it easy and hope for the best, you may have done better than expected.
I didn't know whether I did well or not, had both positives and negatives from my interview yesterday.
CherKels likes this.
sladey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 09:29 PM   #8376

Hey hey!! cheer up! the panel said i dont have content knowledge during the interview too haha.. but the most important thing is to not give up hope even if the result turns unfavourable!! never give up!!! fighting!
CherKels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 09:29 PM   #8377

So sorry to hear that. Take it easy and hope for the best, you may have done better than expected.
I didn't know whether I did well or not, had both positives and negatives from my interview yesterday.
Hi, I went for the interview yesterday too.. was wondering how long did your panel interview last after your 5mins lesson preparation? Mine was quite short around 20mins..
defydaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 09:31 PM   #8378
Supremacy Member

Hi, I went for the interview yesterday too.. was wondering how long did your panel interview last after your 5mins lesson preparation? Mine was quite short around 20mins..
What topic did you present on?
grande5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 10:34 PM   #8379

Went for my interview today. It's my 2nd time being interviewed after my unsuccessful attempt last year. Both times was shortlisted for Pri Eng & Maths. Only diff is last year they allowed you to choose which subject to present on, while this time they specifically said to present on English (if it's the first subject). I had presented on Maths previously. So anw, there doesn't seem to be a fixed template which the interviewers wlll follow for the lesson presentation - the ones last year didn't even interrupt at all & allowed me to actually finish my presentation, while the ones this time interrupted & kept asking childish questions (I guess as how Pri sch students would). In the end, 5 mins was up before I could finish my intended presentation.

As for the actual interview portion, there were fewer questions posed as compared to my previous experience. Wonder if such a change is the norm for this year's applications or they didn't ask as many questions because they have already written you off? Anw, only 3 of the 5 ppl present asked questions, while last year all 5 of them including the HR opened their mouths. In the end, the whole interview session lasted under half an hour.
MobileAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 11:12 PM   #8380

Went for my interview today. It's my 2nd time being interviewed after my unsuccessful attempt last year. Both times was shortlisted for Pri Eng & Maths. Only diff is last year they allowed you to choose which subject to present on, while this time they specifically said to present on English (if it's the first subject). I had presented on Maths previously. So anw, there doesn't seem to be a fixed template which the interviewers wlll follow for the lesson presentation - the ones last year didn't even interrupt at all & allowed me to actually finish my presentation, while the ones this time interrupted & kept asking childish questions (I guess as how Pri sch students would). In the end, 5 mins was up before I could finish my intended presentation.

As for the actual interview portion, there were fewer questions posed as compared to my previous experience. Wonder if such a change is the norm for this year's applications or they didn't ask as many questions because they have already written you off? Anw, only 3 of the 5 ppl present asked questions, while last year all 5 of them including the HR opened their mouths. In the end, the whole interview session lasted under half an hour.
Hihi, i doubt the interview time matters because last year they took 45 mins to interview me and i still got rejected in the end. Haha! This year they took 45 mins to interview me again too
CherKels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 04:32 PM   #8381

same here as well. mine was about 20mins. that being said by the time i ended it was close to 3:40..
BurstSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 06:55 PM   #8382

Want to speak to you to learn more

Hi congrats on being shortlisted! I've actually applied twice to be a teacher. The first time was during NS and after A levels for NTU/NIE. And the second time, which is recently, for PGDE so yours might be a little bit different.

For the NTU/NIE interview I did almost 8 years ago, there were 5 interviewers including HR. They mainly asked why I chose the course and why the subject. Interview was more chill coz maybe I was younger and I think I was more unfiltered so I remembered I made them laugh quite a bit. Can't remember what I said.

I was eventually accepted for the programme, which I accepted in that year of application. However, I decided to reapply for other courses the next year so I chose to go to another school for undergrad.

The PGDE interview is more structured and I was more careful in what I said just to be on the safe side. 100% chance is that they'll first ask yiub why you wanna be a teacher so prep for this question best, and the reason why you chose the teaching subject next. Other questions are just them asking u more on the answers u gave them.
Hey there!

I am interested in your application process with MOE and would love to speak to you to find out more.

If you are comfortable with sharing, could you private message me? I cannot private message you due to my low post count.

Hope to hear from you!

Best regards,
Bryan
helloitsbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 02:26 AM   #8383

Aww man, 3 more weeks and still no responses yet. The wait is agonizing
escarelle likes this.
zatchbell13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 12:09 PM   #8384

I Feel you.

I'm prepared to get rejected again this time since anything above Secondary is not in really in demand now.

Hang in there!
CherKels likes this.
escarelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 12:28 PM   #8385

Same!

Not gonna have any high hopes, just gonna take it as it comes.

Can have plan B, C and D just in case 😅
Miloiced is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.