NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

lululalaland

Reaction score
Any updates? Vital replied that they will forward my email to MOE HR. Sigh.

Hi Anaved,

I got a general reply saying they are aware I completed the medical exam and "our application is being considered in competition with the other applicants shortlisted for employment. Please be patient". My friend who applied way before the application window (July) recently just signed. I suspect we are getting bumped to the next intake in Feb. I just hope I can get in and not failed the medical clearance.

hh9229

Reaction score
ELEPT Oct

Helloo just wondering has anyone that went for the ELEPT in October received their results? It has been a while :s11:

Holypewpew123

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

Thank everyone who contributed to what has been seeming to me, a sincere and detailed discussion. I am having questions on MOE PGDE interviews for, candidates who were shortlisted for the English Language (Secondary Level) as, a first teaching-subject.

Will any candidate who attended an interview like the above one, kindly share some reflections and(or) experiences on the interview?

Also, may anyone who is awaiting to attend an interview such as the above one, share a bit of your current emotions, thoughts and such?

I'll now kickstart what I'm hoping will be, a discussion on my above question. I am very thankful and relieved that I have been offered my preferred first teaching-subject of, the English Language (Secondary Level). This is partly because previously, I was not offered this teaching-subject. Since I was notified of my scheduled interview that will happen in slightly over a week later, I have worrying about the 5-minute demonstration of my teaching ability because, in my last interview during an application-window of about a year ago, I stumbled during my 5-minute demonstration. I was insufficiently prepared then, my display probably did not impress the interviewers. Reflecting on this experience, I am feeling anew, disappointment in my drab display then.

This long thread in this forum has been helping my preparation for my upcoming interview so, thank again everyone. I am hoping to discuss further on, an interview for the English Language (Secondary Level) with, anyone who will be keen to exchange views and sentiments too.
Thanks.
My shortlisted subject is different from yours but i am in the same situation as you. I manage to get the preferred choice of my subjects and i am applying for secondary level

Essay topic: Alot ppl did share the topics in glassdoor. It really helps with the preparation. Questions will be mainly on work ethnics.

5 mins lesson plan: Unlike others, the interviewers did not challenge me or interrupt me during lesson. Very smooth and they did not question me afterwards. Be confident and clear on the secondary level and topics that you are going to present.

Interview: Mainly for the interviewers to know the reasons for you to join the teaching sector and your opinions on what MOE can improve on. They will question yr reasons for your written answers. They did share with me their viewpoints of the questions and my answers as well. It felt more like a sharing session to me.

In general, they are very friendly. Hard to tell whether you screw it up or not.

bruceWayne5

Reaction score
My shortlisted subject is different from yours but i am in the same situation as you. I manage to get the preferred choice of my subjects and i am applying for secondary level

Essay topic: Alot ppl did share the topics in glassdoor. It really helps with the preparation. Questions will be mainly on work ethnics.

5 mins lesson plan: Unlike others, the interviewers did not challenge me or interrupt me during lesson. Very smooth and they did not question me afterwards. Be confident and clear on the secondary level and topics that you are going to present.

Interview: Mainly for the interviewers to know the reasons for you to join the teaching sector and your opinions on what MOE can improve on. They will question yr reasons for your written answers. They did share with me their viewpoints of the questions and my answers as well. It felt more like a sharing session to me.

In general, they are very friendly. Hard to tell whether you screw it up or not.

Mine disrupted me from the start.. and kept shooting during interview :(

Holypewpew123

Reaction score
I got the sms about ept...
I got b3 for o lvl eng and c for gp foe a lvl...will i be exempted?...zzz the date of the exam is 30th nov...i am away for work trip

RockerM

Reaction score
Does it mean that I've passed the interview if I received the SMS about the availability of taking the EPT?

wahahaash

Reaction score
EPT Test

Hi everyone,

I have attended the interview on 26 Oct. I just received an email asking me to indicate my availability for EPT test. But it just mentioned the test may be required. Anyone has the same experience? Does it mean that my interview is kind of OK? I won't be able to join the test on 30 Nov coz I will be overseas. Will that affect the outcome?

Thank you very much!

Dee@317

Reaction score
Helloo just wondering has anyone that went for the ELEPT in October received their results? It has been a while :s11:
My friend took the EL EPT test together with me on 10th October and she has just received an update that her application is unsuccessful after they compared her application in totality with the others. Strangely, they didn't inform her of her EPT results whether she has passed it or not.

Man, this is so so much harder than I thought.

hh9229

Reaction score
That's brutal man. Let's not give up! I've yet to receive any updates from them though. Atb people. Fingers crossed

hh9229

Reaction score
My friend took the EL EPT test together with me on 10th October and she has just received an update that her application is unsuccessful after they compared her application in totality with the others. Strangely, they didn't inform her of her EPT results whether she has passed it or not.

Man, this is so so much harder than I thought.

Maybe she can try to appeal of investigate the outcome of her EPT?! If not we will never know the exact reason for the rejection man.

Dee@317

Reaction score
Maybe she can try to appeal of investigate the outcome of her EPT?! If not we will never know the exact reason for the rejection man.
Yeah that's why. She has requested for the results of her EPT. Anyway, she has applied again.

For those who are waiting for the results, all the best guys!

turnips

Reaction score
I got the sms about ept...
I got b3 for o lvl eng and c for gp foe a lvl...will i be exempted?...zzz the date of the exam is 30th nov...i am away for work trip
The email they've sent simply states,

"You will receive a confirmation email a week before the test date if you are required to sit for an EPT."

I'm just wondering if there's anyone who's received this email before and was eventually not required to take the test?

Holypewpew123

Reaction score
The email they've sent simply states,

"You will receive a confirmation email a week before the test date if you are required to sit for an EPT."

I'm just wondering if there's anyone who's received this email before and was eventually not required to take the test?

Gonna leave it to fate and stop all the nonsensical thinking....fingers crossed.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.