NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Angela999

Reaction score
Hello, any mid-career switching applicant waiting for moe to revert with the official offer?

I’ve passed the interview and EL EPT, received shortlisted for employment email. However, my company is looking to extend my expiring contract soon. My decision depends on the date Moe revert with the offer. I called moe, they said they will revert when it’s done. The customer care didn’t want to put me through to the HR. Previously, HR ‘assured’ me it will be done by December. But, I’ve yet to receive the medical email, not to say the offer.

Anyone with similar experience can advise me what to do? Appreciate it ❤️

Hi. I am a mid career switch too. Just want to check for more info before i submit my application. My job history isnt very good as i have just graduated 2 years ago, still stablising. Does it affect the shortlisting? Will they look at history? Hows your employment history? Thanks!

Nanatata

Reaction score
Dheepu and Parames, did both of u receive letter of notification already ?

Dheepu and parames,

I just called them and they told me the officer is doing up the details. We should be receiving it after 2pm today. However if we did not receive it after 2pm, give them a call .

parames82

Reaction score
Dheepu and parames,

I just called them and they told me the officer is doing up the details. We should be receiving it after 2pm today. However if we did not receive it after 2pm, give them a call .

Thank you so much Nanatata : )...If I receive it I will let you know too.

Cesium-137

Reaction score
Hi. I am a mid career switch too. Just want to check for more info before i submit my application. My job history isnt very good as i have just graduated 2 years ago, still stablising. Does it affect the shortlisting? Will they look at history? Hows your employment history? Thanks!

Actually i dont think they will fault you based on your job history;after all 75% of those employed by MOE every year are not mid career professionals.
They seem to focus more on academic performances(university grades etc) to shortlist you for an interview. I think the university you come from plays a huge part, local govt university seems to be preferred (NUS,NTU,SMU, SUTD etc) over overseas or private universities(but i know of some friends back in 2014 from SIM that got into PDGE NIE, so its still possible, although during my interview i did speak to 3 applicants outside the interview room and all of them were from local uni; small sample size i know but it probably shows something)

During my interview they didnt even ask me anything about my job. They just asked me about my motivation to join teaching and how i would control a class with various hypothetical situations.

So i would say just apply and see if you get shortlisted.

lululalaland

Reaction score

I don't think 2 years of working experience is considered mid-career switch. I worked for less than a year and it didn't affect my application. As long as you got an interview, everything is dependent on how well you perform at the interview. For me, I treated myself as a fresh grad and not someone with "experience".

bruceWayne5

Reaction score
I don't think 2 years of working experience is considered mid-career switch. I worked for less than a year and it didn't affect my application. As long as you got an interview, everything is dependent on how well you perform at the interview. For me, I treated myself as a fresh grad and not someone with "experience".

https://www.moe.gov.sg/careers/teach/how-to-apply/teaching-schemes/mid-career-professionals

The first case study worked for 2 years leh.. haha. I think min 2 years should be considered mid career?

Angela999

Reaction score

Hihi! Do u have the same job throughout the 1 year or diff jobs?

Angela999

Reaction score
Actually i dont think they will fault you based on your job history;after all 75% of those employed by MOE every year are not mid career professionals.
They seem to focus more on academic performances(university grades etc) to shortlist you for an interview. I think the university you come from plays a huge part, local govt university seems to be preferred (NUS,NTU,SMU, SUTD etc) over overseas or private universities(but i know of some friends back in 2014 from SIM that got into PDGE NIE, so its still possible, although during my interview i did speak to 3 applicants outside the interview room and all of them were from local uni; small sample size i know but it probably shows something)

During my interview they didnt even ask me anything about my job. They just asked me about my motivation to join teaching and how i would control a class with various hypothetical situations.

So i would say just apply and see if you get shortlisted.

Im grad from SIM. But i have 7 years of tuition experience. Not sure if it will be a plus point. ☹️ I really hope to get in . Sick of the corp world. Anyway the next intake is next year. OMGGGGG so long. Not sure if im on time for dec 2018 PDGE intake

bruceWayne5

Reaction score
Im grad from SIM. But i have 7 years of tuition experience. Not sure if it will be a plus point. ☹️ I really hope to get in . Sick of the corp world. Anyway the next intake is next year. OMGGGGG so long. Not sure if im on time for dec 2018 PDGE intake

I think if next year application window period follow this years one, then the next window might be in march 2018. and should still be in time for dec 2018 intake.

Angela999

Reaction score
I think if next year application window period follow this years one, then the next window might be in march 2018. and should still be in time for dec 2018 intake.

It will be just nice kinda thing , cant cater to any delay cause still got stint before dec intake. I hope moe hr will respond fast cause my notice period is 2 months :(

Angela999

Reaction score
If you said SIM is just SUSS, we all know this is a local govt university.
SIM or now is SUSS, the university, of course, has always been a university that MOE admits has accepted, the same as NTU, NUS.
MOE has always stipulated that many MOE teachers graduated from poly must go to SIM for further study.
Good luck!

Im from SIM RMIT 😅 Hahaha hope moe will accept me!

Angela999

Reaction score
Im from SIM RMIT 😅 Hahaha hope moe will accept me!

Can anyone share more about the interviews? I know its the essay, rooe play lesson and interview. Can zoom in more details like whats the questions ask, and what interviewers do during lesson?

bruceWayne5

Reaction score
Can anyone share more about the interviews? I know its the essay, rooe play lesson and interview. Can zoom in more details like whats the questions ask, and what interviewers do during lesson?

I will share what the interviews did during my lesson.. "cher.. what is that? Don't understand leh... Huh?? So confusing.. Why got that thing there? Why cannot like that?"

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.