HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU Chinese

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2018, 12:47 AM   #1

NTU Chinese

Hi guys, was wondering if anyone could shed some light about life in NTU Chinese; how's the workload/culture and stuff? Seems like there's a good chance that's where I'm ending up soon ._.

Thanks!
CountingSheeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:09 PM   #2

Hi,i applying for NTU Chinese this year too,did you received any news yet?
niliandj66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:02 PM   #3

Hi,i applying for NTU Chinese this year too,did you received any news yet?
Hey man, I got accepted in 2016, so....
Old 06-04-2018, 09:15 PM   #4

oh..you still can rmb around when you received the offer?
whats your GPA also?
Old 06-04-2018, 09:46 PM   #5

oh..you still can rmb around when you received the offer?
whats your GPA also?
Quite late tbh Early May iirc, havent had any response from NTU This year though (I applied for other HSS courses)

JC kid here, haha, sub 70 rp
Old 07-04-2018, 08:10 AM   #6

Quite late tbh Early May iirc, havent had any response from NTU This year though (I applied for other HSS courses)

JC kid here, haha, sub 70 rp
Thanks for the reply i put Chinese as my first choice not sure will come abit early mah,pray hard hhaahh
Old 07-04-2018, 02:20 PM   #7

Hi guys, was wondering if anyone could shed some light about life in NTU Chinese; how's the workload/culture and stuff? Seems like there's a good chance that's where I'm ending up soon ._.

Thanks!
My cousin is currently studying in NTU Chinese and this is what she told me recently (cause I also applied to Chinese).

"NTU Chinese is a humanities course so you can expect a lot of readings for almost every mod. For history mod the reading itself can be filed in a ring file LOLOL especially as the sem goes by the reading gets heavier. Some readings will be in English so if itís been tested in the exams you have to translate it in Chinese yourself.

For lit at least 10-20 novel readings to read. For ancient lit just memorising work but itís hard cause all the words is just.....:/ Linguistic not much readings but really based on ur understanding, like whether you get it or not."

She did mention that it gets better once you are familiar on how it works.
JellyJell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:43 AM   #8

Thanks for the reply i put Chinese as my first choice not sure will come abit early mah,pray hard hhaahh
Think that might happen, I put as 5th choice

My cousin is currently studying in NTU Chinese and this is what she told me recently (cause I also applied to Chinese).

"NTU Chinese is a humanities course so you can expect a lot of readings for almost every mod. For history mod the reading itself can be filed in a ring file LOLOL especially as the sem goes by the reading gets heavier. Some readings will be in English so if itís been tested in the exams you have to translate it in Chinese yourself.

For lit at least 10-20 novel readings to read. For ancient lit just memorising work but itís hard cause all the words is just.....:/ Linguistic not much readings but really based on ur understanding, like whether you get it or not."

She did mention that it gets better once you are familiar on how it works.
Damn, doesnt sound fun haha, thanks a lot man

Btw can help me ask her how's the culture and workload outside of reading is anot ah? Haha
Old 08-04-2018, 09:26 PM   #9

Think that might happen, I put as 5th choice

Damn, doesnt sound fun haha, thanks a lot man

Btw can help me ask her how's the culture and workload outside of reading is anot ah? Haha
"In every mod there will at least be one report or ppt and some will have both. Busiest sem had like four reports and five ppts plus 2 mid terms.

Eh as for the culture, it really depends on the people you hang out with. But I would say majority of the people in the Chinese course are generally helpful especially the prc."

From what I see, I think she actually enjoys studying Chinese and the career prospect from studying Chinese is not that bad too.
niliandj66 and CountingSheeps like this.
JellyJell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 02:51 PM   #10

Anyone going to Chinese this year? Looking for coursemate ahahaha

Last edited by sleepypanda95; 22-04-2018 at 10:21 PM..
sleepypanda95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 08:07 PM   #11

Anyone going to Chinese this year? Looking for coursemate ahahaha
Hey man, if no other courses want me I will :p
Old 02-05-2018, 02:13 PM   #12

Hi! I have been called for an interview for NTU Chinese! Anyone who have went to the interview can offer insights about the question asked?
norahswong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:16 AM   #13

Hi! I have been called for an interview for NTU Chinese! Anyone who have went to the interview can offer insights about the question asked?
Hi may i know your interview is DA interview?
Old 04-05-2018, 01:41 PM   #14

hi i got called for an interview too, may i know when is ur interview?

dreamsxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:34 AM   #15

hi i got called for an interview too, may i know when is ur interview?
Hello can I know ur rp
Mckw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.