NTU/NUS/SMU 2012-2013 Intake

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can someone advise on this course:

ntu mathematical sciences with minor in finance. my cousin got accepted into this course, its his third choice. first choice is accountancy, means he got rejected?

puppeteer7

Reaction score
appeal letter, not more than 50 words.

hi, i'm Malaysian with A-level results, and i got rejected by NTU, i'm writing an appeal essay but i don't know how to start it..

Reason for Appeal (in not more than 50 words)

subject: Electrical & Electronic Engineering

anyone kind enough to suggest me something? or maybe a sample would be perfect :)

i don't copy one, just want to know roughly how to write them

thank you in advance!! :)

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone kind enough to suggest me something? or maybe a sample would be perfect :)

Well, for my discretionary admission essay (it is 2000 characters) I included things that I believe the admission office is looking out such as -

• relevant activities you did that makes you 'valuable' eg. experiences in competitions, CCA
  • why you want to join this course - passion, interest?
  • things you want to take away from this course - better understanding, problem solving skills or others

Since you have a word limit of 50, I suggest you focus on phrasing it in a way so that it is stands out from the rest. What I feel is that appeals are just a way for schs to fill up slots with interested applicants when they are freed up as other ppl accepts other courses. Means you will be competing will other students in your range with your 50 words.

Anyway, it might be difficult with just 3 alevel subjects as there are many others with a full alevel cert - 3H2 1H1 (around 3.5 subjects in terms of UAS points) + Project Work & General Paper or diplomas competing with you.

puppeteer7

Reaction score
Well, for my discretionary admission essay (it is 2000 characters) I included things that I believe the admission office is looking out such as -

• relevant activities you did that makes you 'valuable' eg. experiences in competitions, CCA
  • why you want to join this course - passion, interest?
  • things you want to take away from this course - better understanding, problem solving skills or others

Since you have a word limit of 50, I suggest you focus on phrasing it in a way so that it is stands out from the rest. What I feel is that appeals are just a way for schs to fill up slots with interested applicants when they are freed up as other ppl accepts other courses. Means you will be competing will other students in your range with your 50 words.

Anyway, it might be difficult with just 3 alevel subjects as there are many others with a full alevel cert - 3H2 1H1 (around 3.5 subjects in terms of UAS points) + Project Work & General Paper or diplomas competing with you.

thank you very much for the advice!! :D

paulmorgan1

Reaction score
My friend has been reserved a place at NTU business admin for academic year 2015/2016. He finishes his NS in 2015 March, but does the 2015/2016 means he can choose to enter in either 2015 or 2016? He wants to enter in the year 2016 as he wants to go overseas during that period of time. Can someone validate this? Thanks

Nosferato4

Reaction score
The definition of "AY 2015/2016"

My friend has been reserved a place at NTU business admin for academic year 2015/2016. He finishes his NS in 2015 March, but does the 2015/2016 means ? He wants to enter in the year 2016 as he wants to go overseas during that period of time. Can someone validate this? Thanks

Practically speaking, he cannot choose to enter in either 2015 or 2016.

Across the Big 3 universities, the term "AY 2015/2016" refers to Accademic year for 2015 to 2016.

What this means is that in this one (1) academic year, there are 2 semesters, each one split across 2 different years.

What you can do however, is email your university to request for deferment/postpone of marticulation to another year, in which case will be AY 2016/2017.

For most uni courses, a new Academic year starts in around august and ends at around Mar-Apr.

So, if your friend chooses to defer/postpone his Matriculation, he will enroll in August 2016

Last edited:

Drexxor

Reaction score
recently checked joint admissions and received:

smu (IS)
ntu (CS)

im from a IT course in poly gpa 3.7(merit)
I only have 4 o level passes science hist eng math
o level english b3 no amaths

all the best to fellow applicants. don't give up and appeal.

anyone knows how smu IS compares to ntu CS?

If you are good in maths, choose NTU (Maths will be a focused topic in all the semester) else choose SMU since it have lesser maths and train you on your soft skills (presentation skills, etc) which is important in all aspects

Last edited:

Project_Work_Helper

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

We are offering a project work, essays, reports and homework completion service for students in their diploma, degree level or even employees who wants to outsource their work. Some may classify us as ghostwriters; we work behind the scenes to do the grunt work for you without taking any credit.

We have been doing this for quite some time and usually our services are made known through word-of-mouth. But we feel that we can reach out to more students who does not have the time to complete their school work due to other commitments.

Here is how we work:

1) Get in touch with us through email ONLY; we do not reply to PMs
2) Send us your requirements
3) Agree on a completion date
4) We will quote you a price based on work difficulty and time constraint; we will break the price down so you know what you are paying for
5) Once agreed upon, we will commence work
6) When we are done, we will send you a preview of the work
6) Payment
7) Once verified, we will send you the full work
8) You are welcome to contact us to make edits within 24 hours

Our prices are fair. Here is one example:

For a 3000 Word Essay on Human Resource Management that takes 1 month to complete:

Per page of double line spacing = 250 Words @ $20 per page or part thereof
3000 Words breaks it down to 3000/250*20 = $240
Time Constraint: 1 month = $30
Human Resource Topic (Basic) = $20

Total Cost = $290

Here are the types of work that we do:

1) Translation Services
2) Report Writing
3) Project Work
4) Homework
5) Essays
6) Research
7) Ad-hocs

We can assure you that your details are kept private and the work done is of original quality; it will definitely pass any plagiarism checker. If you are short of time and looking for someone to outsource your work to, feel free to contact us at projectworkhelper [at] gmail [dot] com.

Thank you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.