NTU/NUS/SMU 2012-2013 Intake

agenda

Master Member
Reaction score
Copy and paste from my email

We have evaluated your performance at the School of Information Systems interview that you have participated in recently. Your performance is not sufficiently strong for us to make you a clear offer of admission into SIS.

However, SIS has set aside a small number of admissions slots for applicants who demonstrate an aptitude for learning and applying technology. You are now given the opportunity to be re-considered for a place in SIS. This is only applicable to students who will be matriculating and starting school in SIS in August 2012.

If you are interested, we require you take part in a live SingPath software tournament that will be held at SMU on 9 June 2012. Simply log on to: Singpath - The most fun way to practice software - View Challenge to register and obtain your badges! Kindly note that only Safari/Chrome/Firefox browsers are supported. This challenge must be unlocked by 7 June 2012. Applicants who are successful in unlocking this challenge will be invited for a “live” Singpath software tournament taking place on 9 June 2012.

Well good luck! Not sure what they want but it seems likely to be a 1 day bootcamp cum competition to see who has the biggest prospect.

khozh_91

Reaction score
He guys, where do I need to go to do my online appeal for NTU uh? Send them via email or is there a website for me to do so? Thanks!

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score

We have evaluated your performance at the School of Information Systems interview that you have participated in recently. Your performance is not sufficiently strong for us to make you a clear offer of admission into SIS.

However, SIS has set aside a small number of admissions slots for applicants who demonstrate an aptitude for learning and applying technology. You are now given the opportunity to be re-considered for a place in SIS. This is only applicable to students who will be matriculating and starting school in SIS in August 2012.

If you are interested, we require you take part in a live SingPath software tournament that will be held at SMU on 9 June 2012. Simply log on to: Singpath - The most fun way to practice software - View Challenge to register and obtain your badges! Kindly note that only Safari/Chrome/Firefox browsers are supported. This challenge must be unlocked by 7 June 2012. Applicants who are successful in unlocking this challenge will be invited for a “live” Singpath software tournament taking place on 9 June 2012.

Interesting. Let me take a look. :D

EDIT: LOL it seems like its just a competition to test whether u have a basic knowledge of programming. thats all. Easy =)

Actually after doing a few of the problems, I find that its an insult to the applicants intelligence. =.=

Last edited:

ZOE_26

Reaction score
hi,i received reject letters both NTU and NUS yesterday, anyway feel better now, at least i can start to look for job and do other things. :D

anyone knows when will know the outcome of appeal? will send us a letter or email even the appeal unsuccessful?

avviicc

Banned
Reaction score
hi,i received reject letters both NTU and NUS yesterday, anyway feel better now, at least i can start to look for job and do other things. :D

anyone knows when will know the outcome of appeal? will send us a letter or email even the appeal unsuccessful?

nv apply smu?

Votre Altesse

Reaction score

this year must be really really competitive for foreigners. My friend with 3.6+ GPA got into NTU.. Your GPA so high, it's like almost impossible for you to be rejected...

ZOE_26

Reaction score
this year must be really really competitive for foreigners. My friend with 3.6+ GPA got into NTU.. Your GPA so high, it's like almost impossible for you to be rejected...
Yea, seems this year is very hard for foreigners get into local uni, my frd rejected from NTU and NUS with GPA 3.97. no matter what, we only can move on, maybe next year try part time can have a greater chance

kirbyherder

Reaction score

Ah SMU, always trying to be something different.

kingkongthekong

Reaction score
Just to share...

Local poly student grad in 2011, TP dip in biz. COM, dean's list for all 3 years, no CCA, CGPA 3.79. Specialize in banking & finance. L1R4 9 points, English B3. A maths A1.

Was rejected by nus and smu last year and decided to enter workforce eventually. I was too complacent last year only applying NUS biz & biz (acct), as well as SMU Accountany > Econs > Biz Mgt.. Went for SMU Accountancy interview but screwed it big time because I did not prepare ahead eg. I couldn't justify why I like accounting..

With that, I almost wanted to enroll into SIM-UOL but my sisters and bf were advising me to wait up for the next intake. Oh yes I did appealed but sadly, all were rejected. By the time I'm done, it was late July '11.

So I maximized all my choices this year, applied for Biz since I decided to major in Finance. NUS biz, NTU biz and SMU biz. I applied for discretionary admission into NTU with my currently 10 months working experience in Citibank. My team leader helped with the appraisal which was mandatory for DA. I got my NTU biz offer really early, in March. NUS offered me my 2nd choice (not biz) later in April. As for SMU biz, I went for their test and interview on 7th April and rec'd their offer on 4-May. Sucha miracle as I thought the test nearly killed my chances. Managed to pull off some diff answers from JC students during the interview.. SMU has always been my dream uni so I accepted it. Almost lost hope and was mentally preparing to accept NTU biz.

For girls out there, if you don't mind, you could enter the workforce first and re-apply next year if your results are well within the cut-off grades. Please do consider this seriously as one year is still a difference. I'm currently 2 years lagging behind my female counterparts who were in JCs. I was taking a gamble when I decide to wait up another year.. If I haven't gotten any offers, I was planning to go str to UOL... So really, I must have been blessed. :')

Good luck everyone!!!*

PS: Anyone accepted SMU biz too?

Hi i accepted SMU biz as well and i will be entering this year.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.