NTU/NUS/SMU 2012-2013 Intake

jameskoay

Reaction score
Previously from NP, did psychology as well.

honestly i don't see why you wouldn't get any of your choices.. considering the related diploma as well. L1R4 15 doesn't seem too high. i myself got a L1R4 13.. so i don't really think 15 is that far off. hope your appeal works out :) all the best

suarezcarroll

Reaction score
Erm if i appeal for another course that are out of my 5 choices is it possible? Wahh sian i want go uni one leh!

Icetray

Master Member
Reaction score
If you are referring to my comment then i apologise for being too direct. :)
I do understand where you're coming from with this and while it may be true, it's just sad to hear. I have many friends with excellent grades who have turned down offers from the local universities as they eagerly await for acceptance into NIE. Many others have left their well-paying jobs after completing their degrees to go into teaching.

I know that some may turn to NIE as an alternative but please think wisely. Unless you have the passion to teach, please do not consider it at all.

*edit* - I'm not from NIE.

Last edited:

jameskoay

Reaction score
Erm if i appeal for another course that are out of my 5 choices is it possible? Wahh sian i want go uni one leh!

yes as long as it is not those courses like medicine/law/dentistry/pharmacy lol and those that require interviews/tests.

in fact applying out of your 5 choices is better according to them because they claim that they have already 'considered' you for your choices placed initially.. so appealing for those choices again is kind of a futile effort.

suarezcarroll

Reaction score
yes as long as it is not those courses like medicine/law/dentistry/pharmacy lol and those that require interviews/tests.

in fact applying out of your 5 choices is better according to them because they claim that they have already 'considered' you for your choices placed initially.. so appealing for those choices again is kind of a futile effort.

haha thanks for your explanation man! Yeah very true, but quite shocking that i was even rejected for Arts and Social Science for my 5th choice! This year is really very competitive!

ajkda91

Reaction score
I do understand where you're coming from with this and while it may be true, it's just sad to hear. I have many friends with excellent grades who have turned down offers from the local universities as they eagerly await for acceptance into NIE. Many others have left their well-paying jobs after completing their degrees to go into teaching.

I know that some may turn to NIE as an alternative but please think wisely. Unless you have the passion to teach, please do not consider it at all.

*edit* - I'm not from NIE.

i think teaching very noble but Singapore like abit too fixated on grades and elitism.

Got scholars say medicine and law is dumping ground for ppl who cant get SAFOS, president scholar etc...

Then another tier say dental dumping ground for ppl that cannot go in medicine (my ex family doctor)

Then come the NUS BIZ> NTU BIZ> SMU BIZ>FASS>HSS

Take dumping ground statements with a pinch of salt, if you know where your passion lies and what are your interest I think anyone can perform and be successful.

Society cannot function without education, anyone rmb good teachers from their primary school?

ajkda91

Reaction score
and to those that think XX Course is Dumping Ground or YY course dumping ground, there are those from ivies and oxbridge that think your a joke too.

One mountain still got one mountain tall hehe direct translate

xx_cookie

Reaction score
got my rejection letters from ntu and nus :((((
any ideal wats my chances of appealing ?
wanna go nie course with BCC/E GP S , PW and Higher chinese A

if i did get through the appeal, will i be good enough to be accepted by nie diploma ?

pineapple tarts

Reaction score
and to those that think XX Course is Dumping Ground or YY course dumping ground, there are those from ivies and oxbridge that think your a joke too.

One mountain still got one mountain tall hehe direct translate

Hmm..so the message you are trying to get across is we shouldn't look down on people when there are always others who are better than you? Something along that line? I always smile whenever I see someone trying to teach some moral values in a forum because I thought these are things that are supposed to be taught to primary/sec school kids? :) you should consider whether it is useful to do so on a forum especially when the audience might be smarter or older than you? Thanks for ur advice, i will pass on what you said here to my nephews and nieces. ;)

baeiscool

Reaction score
the elites love to use the term dumping ground just to show how elite they are.. dont have to take them too seriously lah.. just relax..

actually imo dont retake o lvls, think if wanna get into Fass, go take GP.. they actually quite an emphasis on language... so if you manage to do quite well for GP, you would stand a much better chance..:)

Jehovah

Reaction score

if i did get through the appeal, will i be good enough to be accepted by nie diploma ?

Sry to hear that:( What course did you apply? suggest you just proceed with your appeal to NIE if that is where you would like to go. I received rejection letter from NUS but have not hear from NTU. In any case, I just send in my appeal to NTU cos that is probably the last avenue to get a chance for admission. All the best.

xxlxxlxxl

Reaction score

same plight as me. i got rejected by ntu and nus too:( i got bcd/e gp u
:(

isurelose

Reaction score
anyone around here care to estimate my chances of getting into Indus & Systems Eng on appeal.
was my 2nd choice, but they offered me my 3rd choice

Louislim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, is it true that after year 1 in school, if results good enough, can switch to double degree programme? Is it the CAP must be 4.0 and above?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.