www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Degree Programs and Courses (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/)
-   -   NTU/NUS/SMU 2013-2014 Intake (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2013-2014-intake-4055499.html)

Umikoxz 01-05-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taylor_T5 (Post 75930982)
Hi , Congrats ! , they will send an official letter right ?.

Yupp. I think so :)

Mel_tch 01-05-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forensic (Post 75932244)
hey(: may i know ur grade profile?I wanted nus sci, but havent recieve any offer till now! ):

same! i apply for nus sci but wasnt given any reply yet :(

forensic 01-05-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mel_tch (Post 75933319)
same! i apply for nus sci but wasnt given any reply yet :(

this waiting sucks. )): whats your grades? and your status is it "processing" for a v long time alr! i heard there is some nus sci open hse on 18 may. does it means, after 18 may, i dint hear anything,it means i am being rejected?

Doraemon. 01-05-2013 11:44 PM

I am from poly. GPA 3.94 with merit. I don't hv O level result.
I put biz as my first choice for both NUS and NTU. I went for SMU interview on 4th Apr.
Still no news yet :(
What is my chance of getting biz?
Thanks

P.S I took engineering course in poly.

hellamatrix 01-05-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doraemon. (Post 75934667)
I put biz as my first choice for both NUS and NTU. I went for SMU interview on 4th Apr.
Thanks

Might be tough for NUS/NTU, someone in the forum with a higher GPA than you was rejected by NUS biz and he/she has O levels. However, you have a good shot for SMU biz if you did well in your interviews.

Anyway, no rejection letter = good news.

All the best!

kyiori 02-05-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Thanks

Did you choose any engineering/computing courses for NTU/NUS?

Althought merit cert open all doors for NTU, I think getting into business course is still hard for non-related diploma. Useless you did well for O level?

han.allanchan 02-05-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Thanks

u and me in the same situation with almost same result. my gpa also 3.95 with merit but no olevel applied using ite cert. i applied engineering courses but until now no news also :( .

kyiori 02-05-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by han.allanchan (Post 75935341)
u and me in the same situation with almost same result. my gpa also 3.95 with merit but no olevel applied using ite cert. i applied engineering courses but until now no news also :(

It's a different scenario. He applied NTU/NUS business course with a non related diploma. The university may take more time to consider his application.

han.allanchan 02-05-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyiori (Post 75935392)
It's a different scenario. He applied NTU/NUS business course with a non related diploma. The university may take more time to consider his application.

yeah i know but last year my friends also applied relevant courses with his gpa of 3.9+ but at the end rejected by both ntu and nus. Poor foreigners:(

Mel_tch 02-05-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forensic (Post 75934574)
this waiting sucks. )): whats your grades? and your status is it "processing" for a v long time alr! i heard there is some nus sci open hse on 18 may. does it means, after 18 may, i dint hear anything,it means i am being rejected?

MCP/e : ACD/D GP: D yeah damn sucks man..especially after seeing my friend with the results ACC/B GP: D gets 2 offer, one from nus sci and ntu chem and biochem.. i know my result isnt that fab, but really hope to have just 1 offer will do... and if they were to reject me at the end, might as well reject me now... i've been waiting and waiting and seeing ppl receiving theirs.... My status is only received if im not wrong. Not really after 18.5 u'll be rejected.. there are still chances. But i think it's quite slim.

ChocolateCat 02-05-2013 12:13 AM

Since yesterday is a PH, today is the first working day of May !

Good Luck to all applicants (including myself :o) still waiting for offers. There is still hope until you get an official rejection letter.

Hope to post more good news here soon.

Haven't been sleeping well these days. Too worried.

Doraemon. 02-05-2013 12:13 AM

If I get rejected, will they inform me through email or post?

kyiori 02-05-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by han.allanchan (Post 75935440)
yeah i know but last year my friends also applied relevant courses with his gpa of 3.9+ but at the end rejected by both ntu and nus. Poor foreigners:(

I guess. They give priority to PR then foreigners. But your grade is good, there's chance you will be accepted to both NTU/NUS, but in later date perhaps. I sincerely hope you will get your offer soon.

han.allanchan 02-05-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doraemon. (Post 75935471)
If I get rejected, will they inform me through email or post?

by post ...

han.allanchan 02-05-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyiori (Post 75935597)
I guess. They give priority to PR then foreigners. But your grade is good, there's chance you will be accepted to both NTU/NUS, but in later date perhaps. I sincerely hope you will get your offer soon.

haha thank you very much :) hope good news are ahead