www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Degree Programs and Courses (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/)
-   -   NTU/NUS/SMU 2013-2014 Intake (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2013-2014-intake-4055499.html)

ChocolateCat 06-05-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2JCMPUNK (Post 76062401)
Hellohello! :) Cuz, now don't need Acct degree also can be CA in Singapore already. Non-relevant degree holders also can be CA. Refer to this

So no point taking Acct degree. For me, I would rather go take up a biz degree then take the QP and also can be CA. Rather than Acct degree + QP.

My L1R4 is 13. :) yup, 3.79.

Actually all along non Acct degree also can be CPA. They need to take ICPAS test and can be CPA Singapore. Now just change from ICPAS test to a new QP only.

So cannot say Acct degree not valuable due to QP.

Am I right to guess you weren't from dip in acc ? I'm guessing maybe you from biz ? Cause it doesn't sound like you got the passion to read Acct as your undergrad degree. Just want the CA only. No offense ah, just my inference.

lovesheep1234 06-05-2013 06:49 PM

Any JC ppl got accepted by NTU economics or sociology yet? or went for interview? :( I was rejected by both :(

gbhero 06-05-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mel_tch (Post 76062821)
ntu math sci and nus environmental engineering. i wanted nus sci though.

Hey grats! And I still remembered yours was received status originally or something? And now you got offers! Haha

witchboyz 06-05-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovesheep1234 (Post 76063042)
Any JC ppl got accepted by NTU economics or sociology yet? or went for interview? :( I was rejected by both :(

Whats your grade and uas/gpa?

lovesheep1234 06-05-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khozh_91 (Post 76052033)
Just got called down for the SMU IS interview next thurs. Heard its a very tough course esp for someone who doesnt have any IT background?:(

next thursday means 16 may? Woah didnt know SMU so late still conducting interviews! All the Best! Yeah I also heard from SMU friends that Information Systems is rather tough!

Mel_tch 06-05-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbhero (Post 76063164)
Hey grats! And I still remembered yours was received status originally or something? And now you got offers! Haha

haha thanks! i checked the nus status and apparently is still received! but when i check the portal i get to enter it.. wonder why too.

Dont worry , u will get yours too!

suedeshoes 06-05-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khozh_91 (Post 76062504)
Hey I went for it about 2 weeks back. Any questions? I might be able to help (:

Hey I pm-ed you!

lovesheep1234 06-05-2013 07:29 PM

Anybody intending to accept NTU chemistry and biological chemistry? I just got offer from them but dunno if should accept, cuz I'm not very certain about the job prospects, except maybe becoming a teacher. And for chemistry need to work in the lab a lot, will it like harm my health? Lolol.

lohzqq 06-05-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2JCMPUNK (Post 76061216)
Okay, finally able to log in to JAP le after so many months.

Offered: NUS Biz Admin, NTU Acct, and SMU Acct.

I have accepted NUS Biz Admin. Free-ing up 2 spaces for NTU Acct and SMU Acct.

NTU and SMU Acct was always my 1st choice but after reading the QP thingy, I have finally made up my mind to choose NUS Biz Admin.

The QP thing has made Accountancy degree not valuable anymore. Sighhh... :(

Hii! Referring to your post I can't help but think instead of dropping acct totally why don't u try to take ddp in second year or a second major. Compare that to a biz deg which is a general deg I would take acct at either ntu or smu and complement it with a second major. Also no one can be sure of the level of diffculty of QP so better to not take risks. Thats the reason why im choosing smu because its much easier to take a second major there. For ntu u nid to b gpa 4 min to b invited for a second major and gpa 4.5 for a second deg. For smu any gpa can gt u a second major and a gpa of 3.5 for a second deg. After comparing ntu and smu acct syllabus I realise that smu syllabus is more comprehensive and add on to that the second majors in smu is more flexible conpared to ntu's thus I decided to go with smu in the end. Just my two cents worth :)

crushedshards 06-05-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovesheep1234 (Post 76064072)
Anybody intending to accept NTU chemistry and biological chemistry? I just got offer from them but dunno if should accept, cuz I'm not very certain about the job prospects, except maybe becoming a teacher. And for chemistry need to work in the lab a lot, will it like harm my health? Lolol.

I'm considering it too!! The direct honors part is the most attractive haha

khozh_91 06-05-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovesheep1234 (Post 76063436)
next thursday means 16 may? Woah didnt know SMU so late still conducting interviews! All the Best! Yeah I also heard from SMU friends that Information Systems is rather tough!

Haha sorry i meant next monday. Yeah i heard its damn tough and i have no computing background whatsoever so i might still stick with ntu soci.

forensic 06-05-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovesheep1234 (Post 76064072)

most probably if nus doesnt offer me sci. (: i dun wan to be a teacher, i want to be a forensic related jobs(: i doubt so (:

TKR1992 06-05-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohzqq (Post 76064475)
Hii! Referring to your post I can't help but think instead of dropping acct totally why don't u try to take ddp in second year or a second major.

Compare that to a biz deg which is a general deg I would take acct at either ntu or smu and complement it with a second major.

Also no one can be sure of the level of diffculty of QP so better to not take risks. Thats the reason why im choosing smu because its much easier to take a second major there.
:)

Just a couple of things to note here.
1) For NUS, there is no double degree in Biz & Acct.
2) For NTU (NBS), it is generally not possible to switch from single degree to double degree in 2nd year. Drop yes, pick up no.
3) Acct degree also has to take QP now. :( Only exempted from the Foundation Programme. So the 'risk' is only the foundation programme. A Biz degree is likely to offer several exemptions in that too. (Minimum disadvantage in QP)

I agree an Acct degree will still be more useful than Biz degree if your intention is to work in the Accounting field.

avviicc 06-05-2013 08:26 PM

anyone received rejection letter?

Lostzw 06-05-2013 08:34 PM

Hi just a noob question, if i accept a course from one of the local unis already in the online portal, does that mean the other local unis will not offer me any courses?