www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Degree Programs and Courses (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/)
-   -   NTU/NUS/SMU 2013-2014 Intake (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2013-2014-intake-4055499.html)

Cookiedou 07-05-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxstars (Post 76071037)
Accepted into IEM. Worried about career prospects :s22: Anyone else?

Fees also more expensive than SIM UOL :(

HELLO IEM FELLOW

suddendesire 07-05-2013 12:24 AM

Anybody received nus fass interview?? I'm still hoping sigh!

lovesheep1234 07-05-2013 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crushedshards (Post 76066209)
yupps it's not guaranteed:/ hm if I get offered nus I'll most probably go for chemistry but I heard chemistry has the lowest percentage of students doing honors. about 30% only! not sure about the other majors though. are you going for NTU CBC tea session? I think it'll be a good platform to clear our doubts:)

haha my CBC tea session is on 11th may! Not too sure if I should go anot, cuz according to friends it is a bit of a waste of time hahaha.

lovesheep1234 07-05-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mel_tch (Post 76069956)
is it? i thought the direct honors is guaranteed one. haha

I also not so sure. I think should be direct honours as long as results not too bad. Still must meet a certain GPA I think. Hehe.

PENCIL93 07-05-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AugZie (Post 76072558)
I received offer from NTU Chinese on 29th April. I did not do really well for my H2 subjects though. How's your result? I did not hear about its tea session.

Hey Augzie, I got my chinese offer ytd too (;

Elin, my grades were not really good either so don't give up hope there's still time (: and nope no tea session I think.

han.allanchan 07-05-2013 07:53 AM

Until when the offers from both ntu and nus are sending out? i am quite worried now :(

yanni992 07-05-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mel_tch (Post 76069956)
is it? i thought the direct honors is guaranteed one. haha

I think is just that NTU you study 3 years and you get a chance to get degree with honours but its not for all, you need to get at least 3.5 above then you get a chance.
For NTU: check GPA
For NUS: check
Continuation and Graduation Requirements - Registrar's Office - National University of Singapore

pineapple tarts 07-05-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yanni992 (Post 76075527)
I think is just that NTU you study 3 years and you get a chance to get degree with honours but its not for all, you need to get at least 3.5 above then you get a chance.
For NTU: check GPA
For NUS: check
Continuation and Graduation Requirements - Registrar's Office - National University of Singapore

I think you are referring to nus. Only nus uses 3+1 system(except professional degrees).

Ntu is 4 years direct honours, which means even if you know you can't get honours already, you still must study 4 years. So nus is better, cause you can leave at 3rd year when you know you cmi.

pirouettingpompom 07-05-2013 09:37 AM

I just got a call from NTU Linguistics to go down for a written test and an interview tomorrow morning. Can anybody confirm how this is possible when I'm already offered by 5th choice course from NTU? :O

Not complaining though.. I really want to go into Linguistics.

whitebunnies 07-05-2013 09:40 AM

NTU ENGLISH ANYONE?

Anyone here have been offered a place by NTU English? I haven't received any rejection letters nor have I received any news. From what I know, this course requires an interview and also a written test. So I'm wondering if there's a chance for me to get offered without any interview or test. Thank you!

KylieeeRauhl 07-05-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostzw (Post 76057584)
Hi, my grades are similar as yours. I already received an offer from ntu. May i know what courses u applied?

Omg really? What r ur exact grades?
I kinda regretted my choices for NTU because all the courses i want are pretty hard to get in.. Psychology/Sociology/Economics/Sports science/English, in order from 1st to 5th choice :( should've applied for engineering, but i dont rly have an interest.

whitebunnies 07-05-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pirouettingpompom (Post 76058862)
I'm still waiting for NUS Science.. just went for the DA interview last sat and they told me results will be out by post on 3rd/4th week of May. SO.. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best as well.

Yep, and your birth date as well. Oh man, you should have totally just filled in all the choices! But it's too late to think about all these now, haha. Hope for the best!
You could email them. I emailed NTU and inquired if they had lost my application or anything because I did not hear for them at all and the lady replied in 1 day. She told me that I'll know by post this week or the next.

Oh wow. Okay thank you! May I know which email I should email to? Because I checked the NTU admissions info pdf and there's a number of different emails so I'm not sure which is the right one. Thanks :)

KylieeeRauhl 07-05-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebunnies (Post 76075956)
Anyone here have been offered a place by NTU English? I haven't received any rejection letters nor have I received any news. From what I know, this course requires an interview and also a written test. So I'm wondering if there's a chance for me to get offered without any interview or test. Thank you!

im waiting too! english was my last choice though, but im still hoping they'll consider me :/

whitebunnies 07-05-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KylieeeRauhl (Post 76076101)
im waiting too! english was my last choice though, but im still hoping they'll consider me :/

Ohh! English is my first choice! May I know what's your grades like? Have you been offered by any other Uni already? :)

KylieeeRauhl 07-05-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suedeshoes (Post 76055292)
What did you apply for? For both ntu and nus. :)

for ntu: Psychology/Sociology/Econs/Sports science/English
for nus: FASS/Project & facilities management/Real estate/Business Analytics/Business Administration/Science/Computer Engineering/Environmental Studies.
Both in order from 1st to last choice :)