www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Degree Programs and Courses (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/)
-   -   NTU/NUS/SMU 2013-2014 Intake (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2013-2014-intake-4055499.html)

Icetray 08-05-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebunnies (Post 76103869)
I see. Thanks for your reply! I haven't receive anything from any universities, not even a rejection letter. Except yesterday I received an email from NTU asking me to upload supporting docs to the portal for Discretionary Admission only (but whether I will be called up for an interview and given a chance I also don't know). Does that mean I am probably on waiting list? Since it is already 8 May.

Most likely you are. :) Sounds like a very good sign that they're asking for your supporting documents though. :)

gbhero 08-05-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icetray (Post 76103838)
In school as in at NTU? Why don't you just walk over to the admin office and speak to them personally? They really can't ignore you if you're right there. =P

No as in my JC. Haha. I wish I was at NTU now too :(

elinselin 08-05-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebunnies (Post 76103750)
Hey, may I know if your friend has really good outstanding non-academic achievements to be considered for DA?
Because I only received an email from NTU asking me to upload supporting docs up the portal to support my DA (but the email came so late) so I am not sure what constitutes outstanding enough to be called up for an interview...

Actually not really outstanding because she didnt join many things...
but she's not in sg now so i couldnt ask her :/

Do you have any experience in representing the school for competitions?
or published anything / won writing competition since you are applying for english lit..

KylieeeRauhl 08-05-2013 10:15 AM

Omg sigh is anyone's NUS application status still stuck at ''Application received''??? Mine has been there since like 25march. Its not even processed yet when its already 8may :( Will they reject me without processing my application?

Lostzw 08-05-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KylieeeRauhl (Post 76104043)
Omg sigh is anyone's NUS application status still stuck at ''Application received''??? Mine has been there since like 25march. Its not even processed yet when its already 8may :( Will they reject me without processing my application?

I'm in the same case as you. Well, just had to wait and see what happens later on. No point worrying about something like this :)

TheArc 08-05-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icetray (Post 76103514)
Email no use one. It's better for you to call them and ask them to check for you on the spot.

Most of the time when I email NTU about academic stuff, I end up having to send my email twice before I get a reply.

If i am not wrong NTU will usually reply their email within 3 working days or exactly on the third day .

Icetray 08-05-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheArc (Post 76104825)
If i am not wrong NTU will usually reply their email within 3 working days or exactly on the third day .

Haha yeah that's when they "receive" your emails. But if you email those busy departments most of the time no reply one. After one week must resend before you get a reply back.

Maybe they just don't like my me uh. =X Hahahaha

munnie93 08-05-2013 10:54 AM

For those offered Chinese course, did you all had interview by ntu? And may I know your UAS? I'm trying to gauge my chances of getting in to Chinese course...

michael2012 08-05-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohzqq (Post 76084704)
Haha I decided to go with smu. If im gonna take acct and im competing with peeps with sqp I might as well go with smu which gv me an edge over ntu since I can pick up a second major or deg in smu much easily compare to ntu. second major become much morre impt since it gives me an edge over a normal acct deg or even sqp cert. And I guess presentations skils become much more impt with introduction of sqp. Since all will b CA Singapore then the one who can gv more and present himself better will stand out I guess. Doing all these for the long term.

I don't really get this point.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can only enroll in SQP if you're working in an ATO (mid-tier firms and up, in most cases).

So, when you graduate, you won't be competing for entry level positions with SQP certified candidates. You'll be competing with fresh graduates hoping to get into ATO so they can enroll into the SQP.

Unless you're talking about AFTER that, in which case, whoops! :o

whitebunnies 08-05-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elinselin (Post 76103983)
Actually not really outstanding because she didnt join many things...
but she's not in sg now so i couldnt ask her :/

Do you have any experience in representing the school for competitions?
or published anything / won writing competition since you are applying for english lit..

Well, I did represented my schools all through secondary school and JC and also was Chairman of CCA in Sec sch then Exco in JC. But then, I did not win or publish any thing that is related to English. LOL ._.
Okay, thanks for your reply, will hope for the best as long as there's no rejection letters!

whitebunnies 08-05-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheArc (Post 76104825)

NTU replied me within 1 day, like exactly 24 hours. So just wait patiently. But they just told me that they are still in the midst of processing applications, but all results (either offers or rejections) will be out by end May.

yoshi_sx 08-05-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inn0vator (Post 76078506)
Hey Jackel_Yang and the returning NSmen who will be matriculating to BAcc this yr. This is the reply I got from S'pore QP:

Hello Inn0vator, thank you for sharing this piece of information with us.

Am I right to say, if I receive an offer for Acc this year and I would be matriculating in 2013 as well, then I would fall under the old scheme?

gbhero 08-05-2013 11:34 AM

NTU replied me saying I'll receive my outcome soon in mail? Meaning I'm rejected right? Haiz

TheArc 08-05-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icetray (Post 76104894)
Haha yeah that's when they "receive" your emails. But if you email those busy departments most of the time no reply one. After one week must resend before you get a reply back.

Maybe they just don't like my me uh. =X Hahahaha

So far i haven't got any issue with NTU admission office email. If it's really urgent call up them but I can tell you most of the time they will reply saying your application is still in process kindly wait for the letter to know your application result.

TheArc 08-05-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbhero (Post 76105835)
NTU replied me saying I'll receive my outcome soon in mail? Meaning I'm rejected right? Haiz

Omg :s11: did they mention which mail ? email or mailing address ?