www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Degree Programs and Courses (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/)
-   -   NTU/NUS/SMU 2013-2014 Intake (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2013-2014-intake-4055499.html)

witchboyz 08-05-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewedwine (Post 76111743)
Hi guys,

I am a SP poly graduate. I've applied business as my 1st choice for NTU, NUS and SMU.

So far, i've received NUS offer for business during March.

As for NTU, i went for the interview during April but have not yet receive any offer/rejection letter :( I took A math during my poly years and scored an A.

May i know if any poly graduate receive NTU offer for business recently? One of my friend did receive it on 2nd May and the letter was sent out on 30th April. I'm quite worried.

Thanks.

Whats your gpa and poly course?

mistyskies 08-05-2013 03:58 PM

Do you think SMU is not giving me a reply because I haven't uploaded my personal photo? Haha

sony88 08-05-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistyskies (Post 76112797)
Do you think SMU is not giving me a reply because I haven't uploaded my personal photo? Haha


hi 5! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zihao90 08-05-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistyskies (Post 76112797)
Do you think SMU is not giving me a reply because I haven't uploaded my personal photo? Haha

Maybe..haha..
because i got upload and get the offer..lol..

Brewedwine 08-05-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haras_rah (Post 76112635)
What did SMU and NTU portal say? Maybe you want to contact the school itself? Because if you have been accepted to NUS business, SMU and NTU shouldn't be a problem right?

NTU portal states application form received and SMU portal states application is processing.

Well, i myself is pretty surprise that the first offer letter is from NUS.

Brewedwine 08-05-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by witchboyz (Post 76112759)
Whats your gpa and poly course?

Banking and finance, 3.82 near the borderline of the cutoff. Haha

witchboyz 08-05-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewedwine (Post 76113249)
Banking and finance, 3.82 near the borderline of the cutoff. Haha

u get your nus biz offer through discretionary admission? :)

Brewedwine 08-05-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by witchboyz (Post 76113408)
u get your nus biz offer through discretionary admission? :)

Nope, I didn't apply for discretionary admission. But for NTU, I did. :)

haras_rah 08-05-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewedwine (Post 76113184)
NTU portal states application form received and SMU portal states application is processing.

Well, i myself is pretty surprise that the first offer letter is from NUS.

I dont think SMU would be a problem for you to get in. Some of my friends whom are 3.7ish? unrelated course, got into SMU business.... so I guess you have to wait for you reply?

Josefu 08-05-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josefu (Post 76109545)
Not sure if this question was answered before but if i were to accept the only offer i have on JAO webby, would NUS and NTU still consider sending me offers if spaces are freed up or would it lower my chances of receiving new offers?

Wasn't answered before so i'll bump this question again.

Also going to add another question. Let's say if i got offered a place in NTU Bioengineering, is it true that i wouldn't be offered another course in NTU again? Would someone please confirm this matter since my friend told me that's the case but i somehow doubted what he said cause i was called for an English interview+practical test at NTU just 3 days before i received the Bioengi offer so i have been waiting for a week already.

TheBestOrNothing 08-05-2013 04:43 PM

Saw from past post that the cut off for NUS Business did not increase. Anybody have any idea for NTU Business? Or any of your friends gotten the offer with borderline GPA (Last year cut off - 3.74)?

GreatKen 08-05-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBestOrNothing (Post 76114151)
Saw from past post that the cut off for NUS Business did not increase. Anybody have any idea for NTU Business? Or any of your friends gotten the offer with borderline GPA (Last year cut off - 3.74)?

I have a friend with a cGPA of 3.85 who didn't make it into NTU business.

witchboyz 08-05-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBestOrNothing (Post 76114151)
Saw from past post that the cut off for NUS Business did not increase. Anybody have any idea for NTU Business? Or any of your friends gotten the offer with borderline GPA (Last year cut off - 3.74)?

I have a local friend 3.86 rejected by ntu biz too but received nus biz without da.

pirouettingpompom 08-05-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josefu (Post 76114135)
Wasn't answered before so i'll bump this question again.

Also going to add another question. Let's say if i got offered a place in NTU Bioengineering, is it true that i wouldn't be offered another course in NTU again? Would someone please confirm this matter since my friend told me that's the case but i somehow doubted what he said cause i was called for an English interview+practical test at NTU just 3 days before i received the Bioengi offer so i have been waiting for a week already.

You're most likely considered for you Englist Lit interview by the Non-Academic Achievement. You have filled that in right?
Haha, I think so because I'm sort of in the same situation as you.

gbhero 08-05-2013 05:12 PM

NUS just replied me with a standard reply which doesn't actually answer to my question in which whether I'm rejected already.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.