www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Degree Programs and Courses (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/)
-   -   NTU/NUS/SMU 2013-2014 Intake (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2013-2014-intake-4055499.html)

CoffeeNeko 15-05-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjh246 (Post 76277113)
Hi there, I got NTU english's reply about 2 weeks ago.The reply came 2 weeks after my interview.

I'm not sure if your interview will be the same as mine, but it's pretty simple. You'll be given a test for half an hour, you either interpret a poem or write about a book or movie or smt. You can choose the question. This constitutes 10 marks. The other 20 marks are allocated for the interview with the prof. It's a 1 on 1 interview and the prof asked me about why I wanted to study lit, if I had any questions about the course. Sometimes they discuss your test on the spot. If you got an interview you're already halfway into getting an offer really.

P.S. I didn't take lit in JC because I was from poly.

Thank you so much!! I havent been shortlisted for the interview yet (probably due to bad grades), but I really want to get into this course :(

souppress 15-05-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icetray (Post 76275785)
If you accept your second choice and appeal for your first and get your first choice, NTU will only offer you your first choice. You'll have no chance to choose between the first and second choice. :)

Hi, just to check can I accept SMU's offer first and then if my appeal to NTU is successful, then I withdraw from SMU?

Umikoxz 15-05-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaevan (Post 76276281)
hey, that's not exactly true. i was off the IGP but i still got accepted quite early. it just depends on how well the cohort did

You from jc or poly?

Jaevan 15-05-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Umikoxz (Post 76278036)
You from jc or poly?

JC. the not so good ones. so dont give up hope people!

Havok_ex 15-05-2013 12:41 AM

GOOOD MORNING!!! 15 May. NTU appeals are open. 50 words only. Dont start with 'Dear Sir/Mdm'. Dont end with 'Thank you for your time.' Good luck to those who need it. Just a thought though, let say if you're not rejected from NTU yet, but havent gotten an offer. Should you appeal? Or wait for a rejection?

wintogeno 15-05-2013 12:54 AM

Being called for NTU HSS-Soci

An email was sent this morning (technically it was yesterday), my interview is scheduled on this coming Thursday at 10AM. I hope this helps, don't lose hope.

GPA: 3.82
Olvls: C5 Eng, B3 A maths.

zihao90 15-05-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wintogeno (Post 76278469)
An email was sent this morning (technically it was yesterday), my interview is scheduled on this coming Thursday at 10AM. I hope this helps, don't lose hope.

Good luck for ur interview!

Umikoxz 15-05-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wintogeno (Post 76278469)

Which course? :)

tomas_haake 15-05-2013 02:53 AM

Hey guys,

Just received an update from the NUS UAS; got offered a place in Law.

It has been the longest wait but if anything, I hope this gives those who are still waiting hope! I am a poly applicant to boot. I will be giving up my place in NTU Accountancy, hopefully it goes to someone who deserves it more than I do.

Cheers guys, hang in there!

kokky123 15-05-2013 04:20 AM

Hi there, for ntu appealing can I appeal to courses that I did not choose? :)

GreatKen 15-05-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by souppress (Post 76277810)
Hi, just to check can I accept SMU's offer first and then if my appeal to NTU is successful, then I withdraw from SMU?

Can. Accept SMU first, drop SMU if your NTU is successful.

GreatKen 15-05-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Umikoxz (Post 76279192)
Which course? :)

NTU HSS-Soci, it is in the title of his post.

Icetray 15-05-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatKen (Post 76280460)
NTU HSS-Soci, it is in the title of his post.

Good luck to those who are appealing! :D Listen to the tips by Havok_ex and also don't waste time mentioning your grades! They have that already! Stuff like "I promise to work hard etc." is also unnecessary! You're expected to that already! :)

For those of you who have asked me to proof read your appeals but still have not done so, I apologize but I'll be busy the entire day so if you're in a rush to submit it, please ask someone else for help. :( I may try to check my PM/email inbox from time to time but no promises. :(

For the rest who I have already helped write appeals for, you guys better get a place for all my hard work and treat me to a nice frosty cup of beer afterwards! :D

Jia you! :D

Xiaomalu 15-05-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulmorgan1 (Post 76272466)
Seems like you have quoted only half of my quote because you know the evidence is at the second part where I have already stated my source of evidence. I quote my source from my cousin (Chen Yao Song, MBA Harvard Graduate, former Vice president of Siemens now working under Egon Zehnder), and friends (Caroline Rozario Getrude from Curtin University, Marketing director, IBM) and (Agnst Tan, NTU, Marketing director, Levis South-East Asia). Hope you are satisfied now.

Living proof in the world: Steve Jobs (No degree), Bill Gates (Harvard degree only after 32 years when he walked away from campus to becoming the world richest man). Enough said

Like what i have said, 'if you think you will be the next bill gate, steve jobs then continue your SIM. Because like what Minister says, degree is not necessary for success. From my point of view is if you have idea/$$$ to start business, you really no need a degree to be successful.

If you don't think you have enough idea/ your dad is no rich, hook up SMU. You need a recognised degree to get a good 'starting pay' (both locally and overseas). You need earn enough money as fast as possible to start a business or whatever. (most of the people mindset, excluded me)

Remember, this society is very surface and realistic, the perception of SIM will always be there. You should know what i mean.'

p/s: What i can say is if you are not confident about your future or yourself, hook up to a more reputable(local U)university if you could. If couldn't, work first then go upgrade yourself.
Provided If you are confident on yourself or your future, no matter where you came from, you will still be succeed.

Let's back to this thread topic, the main reason why we are here. Stop arguing liao.

whitebunnies 15-05-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoffeeNeko (Post 76277401)
Thank you so much!! I havent been shortlisted for the interview yet (probably due to bad grades), but I really want to get into this course :(

Hi! Don't lose hope! I think now is the last round of their acceptance. I went for the interview on Monday and got an offer already. Bad grades too (Lit, Econs, Math/ Chem) CDD/C GP A PW A. But I went in through NAA. If you did apply for NAA, maybe you can try to email the NTU admin and ask about your status. Good luck!