NTU/NUS/SMU 2014-2015 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

a&w_rootbeerz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U kenna exposed for trolling in the post degrees and forum thread and are not even eligible to gain entry into anyof the Local U's and u still wanna come here disturb people isit? :/

That's why. Really funny that guy. And seriously that day's saga is damn hilarious. :s13:

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Wait, don't even need high gpa... just go for the interview sure get in

Nosferato4

Reaction score
Wait, don't even need high gpa... just go for the interview sure get in

I don't think so.. My sister from JC has a friend who scored all A's but got rejected by SMU because he flunked the interview. The uni is known to reject top graduates from RI/Hwa Chung (Kind of dumb to do so) but yeah.. not everyone who gets the interview will be able to get in.

I would like to share my personal experience on my first group interview/test in 2013 admissions. Back than, there was a huge volume being interviewed for the students who applied for the course, and I was put in a relatively bigger than average group. It was really competitive and at every point in time, there would be people fighting for airtime.

Sad to say, I screwed up for my first interview as I didn't~ really create a first good impression. Based on what I hear from my other friends and personal experience, the first interview you have with SMU (E.G of a total of 15-20 students attending the group interview) only 2-5 will be deemed "good enough" to pass

If you recall in 2013 admissions, there was one news article headline "7000 shortlisted students and SMU will interview them all".

However, if you look at the placing offered for the 2013, only 1933 out of the 7000 students were lucky enough to gain entry. That means that 27.61% of the shortlisted candidates managed to pass the interview, and succeeded in vying a spot in SMU against their poly/JC peers

So, no. Getting shortlisted for the interview does not mean you definitely get a spot xD I learnt that the hard and painful way. :sad:

That's why. Really funny that guy. And seriously that day's saga is damn hilarious. :s13:

Yea... I think one guy exposed his Facebook and forced him to apologize roflmao.

I think I rmb seeing you here last year on this forum. hai thur :D

Last edited:

orzzwh

Reaction score
You stand a high chance with your gpa to be shortlisted for a group interview. However you do not have O levels which may be a minus factor for you. But your outstanding gpa should make up for the lack of o level score. I would say 60-80%?

You must do well for the group interview after being shortlisted for it to be guranteed a spot as well.

Hope that helps !:)
Hi, thanks for the reply it is really helpful~~ I'm appreciate that.

mind to share your experience about group interview? cos I only have experience about one-person interview.

Nosferato4

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the reply it is really helpful~~ I'm appreciate that.

mind to share your experience about group interview? cos I only have experience about one-person interview.

Usually they will put you with people of the same calibre (E.G. gpa of 3.9-4.00 in one group GPA of 3.7-3.8 in another group etc) if u are being put with JC applicants w e group interview, they will typically have high scores of the same range too . Take note that this is just based on my observation so it is not 100% accurate.

In the interview you are given a random ropic to discuss on which can range from general affairs all the way to why you wish to study thr course you are applying for or something totally unrelated.

There will be 2 professors facillitating the interview to shortlist potential candidates that are vocal enough and are able to present themselves in the most articulate and convincing way that is possible.

runicz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the date and time for the coming Lets Talk NTU 2015 for poly students?
Is it open for NSF who are poly alumni?
Inside army 2 years. lost touch with real world alreadyy..

AizenSousuke

Reaction score
Yo! ANY PEEPS FROM SMU BUSINESS MANAGEMENT ENROLLING IN AY 2015/2016. Just would like to give a shout out and a big "HI". Hoping to meet any new friends!

I'm enrolling in SMU BM 2015!

Still processing though... lolol

GPA 3.71
Olevel: 26 (GG.com.sg)

Takimaru

Reaction score
Anyone know the date and time for the coming Lets Talk NTU 2015 for poly students?
Is it open for NSF who are poly alumni?
Inside army 2 years. lost touch with real world alreadyy..

This Sat 24 Jan from 11 to 5 pm at Suntec Convention and Exhibition centre

SherylToT

Reaction score
They count L1b4.

I got only 6 subjects, Chinese, math, Amath, poa, English, physics
cause poly counts L1R2B2-A/B and L1R2B2-C/D. For A/B category which must count humaity subject inside, and I don't really have one, so my A/B category is 9 points if I count PoA inside instead of physics.

But for C/D category, I am 7 points with physics.

Actually I want to ask, are you sure uni counts L1B4? Not following the poly matriculation standard?

wl_ling

Reaction score
Singapore Tax Workbook 2014/2015 by Sum Yee Loong 17th Edition for sale.

Slight highlighting. Barely used. Perfect condition.

SMS 97898555 if keen.

AizenSousuke

Reaction score
Anyone applying SMU this year doing their financial application and getting a popup asking for intranet password? o_O

Also.. the interview starting already?

vivianmoo

Reaction score
admission chances

hi,
i am currently having my final sem in nyp accountancy and finance
GPA for 5 sem is 3.79.. i have applies smu ,ntu, nus and SIT ..

However i really hope to get into ntu or smu.
my friend who has applied for smu has completed her interview but i still haven get any call yet.

anyone can rate my chances to get into ntu or smu? :(

cherlodious

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm matriculating into NTU this year and I actually missed the registrations for both CAC & student union camp. What do I do? Will I still be able to join SU even though I missed the camp? Because I'm very keen in joining but I didn't think to check for the registration deadlines.. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.