HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2015, 02:06 PM   #136

hi guys, NUS and NTU applications opening this sunday for poly!

anyone has tips/advice for NUS vs NTU comp sci? pondering over these two uni for CS
Old 31-01-2015, 09:36 PM   #137

Smile

Hey,
I am currently at my poly final year
cGPA is 3.99 (non biz related Dip)
O lvl: L1R4 11 raw(Eng C5, A/E maths A1)
Pls rate my chance for
NUS: Business Admin
NTU: Business

Thank you!~

Last edited by ilovesushi; 31-01-2015 at 09:47 PM..
Old 31-01-2015, 09:51 PM   #138

Smile

Hey, just sharing some input with regards to admission. Applied for NTU/SMU biz in december 2014 (both early admissions), waiting for NUS applications to open.

Sch/course: Temasek Polytechnic, AMS.
cGPA: 3.93
Olevels: l1r4 13 raw

NTU biz consist of 10 mins essay writing and interview, hardest interview question was "How do you think the sch can commemorate SG50?". Essay was 300 words random topics ranging from "singapore education system" to "what are your life goals"

Received offer from NTU on 19th Jan, heading down for SMU interview this friday yet to receive their confirmation email anyone else received their confirmation email?
Old 01-02-2015, 12:53 PM   #139

hi guys, NUS and NTU applications opening this sunday for poly!

anyone has tips/advice for NUS vs NTU comp sci? pondering over these two uni for CS
Whats your score ? CGPA and O levels
Old 01-02-2015, 02:37 PM   #140

Hi all, need your opinion, heres some info:

5th sem cGPA: 3.62
L1r4 raw: 11

What do you think are my chances of getting into nus fass? Am i better off just trying for say ntu public policy instead(10th percentile 3.63). Anyone here from ntu public policy? Any prerequistes?

Good luck to all those applying! seems like alot of people here are better gpa-wise compared to me.. sigh
Old 01-02-2015, 10:48 PM   #141

cGPA (5 sem): 3.75
O levels: L1R5 - 11 (14 raw), R4 - 10 (11 raw)
(with A maths grade of A2)
in my opinion NTU should be no problem. NUS have good chance but not surely. Related course ?
Old 01-02-2015, 10:52 PM   #142

What do you think are my chances of getting into nus fass? Am i better off just trying for say ntu public policy instead(10th percentile 3.63). Anyone here from ntu public policy? Any prerequistes?

Good luck to all those applying! seems like alot of people here are better gpa-wise compared to me.. sigh
Honestly speaking NUS FASS abit hard. 10th percentile: 3.76
You're not very near it. And unless you have something extraordinary to back it up. I highly doubt so buddy.

NTU much more better chance but is unpredictable. Some years high demand some years low.

Best fill up the DA section hopefully you get in through DA.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:17 AM   #143

in my opinion NTU should be no problem. NUS have good chance but not surely. Related course ?
yup, I am in an IT related diploma. the thing is I am not very sure which uni would be a better choice for comp sci, in terms of environment, facilities, the students & lecturers, and the whole atmosphere of the school.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:46 AM   #144

No pre-requisites for public policy. But take FASS if you can get in. NTU public policy is basically political science with less substance IMO.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:29 PM   #145

yup, I am in an IT related diploma. the thing is I am not very sure which uni would be a better choice for comp sci, in terms of environment, facilities, the students & lecturers, and the whole atmosphere of the school.
This one really up to you. Try not to choose based on ranking. Although NUS has high ranking, NTU is number 1 in upcoming young universities. So ranking not best to compare.

Try choosing based on location or ask around some seniors you know. Both have similar environment and world class institutes.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:02 PM   #146
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am NTU computer Science

any question abt NTU can PM me, dun bother ask those "course counsellor" during those open house

You think they will tell u the truth meh?

Think carefully b4 u come com science
Old 02-02-2015, 08:19 PM   #147

I am NTU computer Science

any question abt NTU can PM me, dun bother ask those "course counsellor" during those open house

You think they will tell u the truth meh?

Think carefully b4 u come com science
OK can i know then com science and com eng
which one harder ? which one better social life etc etc

Thanks
Old 02-02-2015, 09:18 PM   #148

Got an offer for NTU public policy last year, went for their tea party to check out what's the course like/talk to the students lecturers etc. The course seems rather plain and basically training your analysis skills for the next 3 years. I think the dealbreaker for me was when I realized most (or all iirc) of the lecturers are foreigners, and mostly PRCs Doubt I can catch their accents should I have accepted the offer
Old 02-02-2015, 09:52 PM   #149

Got an offer for NTU public policy last year, went for their tea party to check out what's the course like/talk to the students lecturers etc. The course seems rather plain and basically training your analysis skills for the next 3 years. I think the dealbreaker for me was when I realized most (or all iirc) of the lecturers are foreigners, and mostly PRCs Doubt I can catch their accents should I have accepted the offer
Uh oh... really? mind sharing your gpa? just for a feel... I cant pick up those thick accents too haha. Maybe ill consider something else. Problem for me is that with my gpa, theres nothing much for me to pick and choose. Thanks for replying as well
Old 03-02-2015, 12:10 AM   #150
Arch-Supremacy Member

OK can i know then com science and com eng
which one harder ? which one better social life etc etc

Thanks
com eng, extrememly chim

need to good in MATH
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.