NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayerfin

Reaction score
Oh biz or acc?... I was suppose to go in April (they scheduled me for April) but I couldn't make it and rejected them... And they called me again last night though to attend the interview

Accountantancy. A really short one; just 10 minutes.just Typical interview questions like why this course etc. Nothing out of the blue.

Havok_ex

Reaction score
rank points 87.5 got rejected by nus computer science arghhhhhh whats going on

Comp science is on the rise. According to the IGP, the 10th percentile for last year's admission was AAA/C. Which has put it above even Architecture which has been previously thought of as a more competitive course to get into. Are you a local or foreigner?

Rated R Edge

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Took A lvl in 2012 and got accepted to ntu accountancy in 2013. Enrolling later this year anyone receive any info for matriculating yet?

zengx2

Reaction score
Dear all,

I am a foreigner with A Level UAS of 83.75 and have just learned that I was rejected for my admission into NUS. My 1st choice was FASS and 2nd was Biz admin but my focus was FASS.

Could anyone tell me if I would stand a chance to get into FASS if I appeal? NUS website statement says something like "when you are rejected, all your choices have been thoroughly considered and you are highly unlikely to be successful with your appeal if you apply to the same course with your original application." I am really upset as FASS was my sole goal during my JC and I thought my A Level grades were good enough to get me into FASS.

Would anyone care to share what is the grade or UAS sufficient for a foreign student to get into FASS?

Hi, I just saw yr post. I'll recommend u to appeal to the lowest cut off UAS that is not popular yet u would still study like to study. FASS is a hype in recent yrs & many are applying to that course. If a course is very competitive to get in for locals, wouldn't it be worse for foreigners especially when many are on scholarships? From what I am aware of the "when you are rejected, all your choices have been thoroughly considered and you are highly unlikely to be successful with your appeal if you apply to the same course with your original application", the reason why it is highly unlikely is because when u apply to uni in Singapore, u are first considered for yr first choice. If u are rejected from yr first choice, the system will then place u at the school of yr second choice. However, by then, some vacancies are filled by students who have applied to that school as first choice. And the cycle continues until even yr last choice is rejected. Hence, the only chance to get into FASS would then be that foreigners who were offered FASS rejected the school & yr result is better than other foreigners who are appealing into FASS. Do u have any non-academic achievement that could aid u? I hope this reply could help give u a clearer understanding about yr chance & utilise every last chance u get. It would be wasteful if u couldn't get into a course u like with such grades. This is also why I don't like teachers and friends who encourage their friends to apply to courses that are too competitive & knowing that their chances are slim.This is my opinion and may not be entirely true but I hope u make a well informed decision.

Last edited:

copadelrey

Reaction score
Comp science is on the rise. According to the IGP, the 10th percentile for last year's admission was AAA/C. Which has put it above even Architecture which has been previously thought of as a more competitive course to get into. Are you a local or foreigner?

Yep it has been AAA/C for the past 2 years I think.. I am a foreigner

NTU offered me business analytics and computer science :s22: new course

bentotheright

Reaction score
Hi all, I am planning to appeal to NUS and NTU and i was wondering is it possible to send letter of recommendation/referral letter for the appeal process? Since the appeal facility only allows an essay to be submitted.

And if it is possible to send a letter, which mailing address and to whom do i send to ? Thanks for the help :)

CHICGEEK

Reaction score
NTU Philosophy

Hi,

I'll be going down to NTU for an admission test and an interview with the Philosophy department this week.

Anyone knows what the test is about and what kind of questions will they ask for the interview?

Thanks in advance!! :)

Evil Bunny

Reaction score
Hi all, I am planning to appeal to NUS and NTU and i was wondering is it possible to send letter of recommendation/referral letter for the appeal process? Since the appeal facility only allows an essay to be submitted.

And if it is possible to send a letter, which mailing address and to whom do i send to ? Thanks for the help :)

Nope. only the short essay.

paperplanes_

Reaction score
Hi,

I'll be going down to NTU for an admission test and an interview with the Philosophy department this week.

Anyone knows what the test is about and what kind of questions will they ask for the interview?

Thanks in advance!! :)
Hi there!

The test consists of an article, with questions based on the article! Not too hard or anything, just try to keep 10 minutes for reading and 20 minutes for answering the questions! Total 30 minutes. Don't worry if you can't finish it either, they would probably look at the quality of your answers rather than quantity.

As for the interview, it's quite chill. The professor didn't really look at my written test (could have done so after my interview), but I was told before the interview started that i would first be asked about the article then go into answering brief interview questions!

For the interview, I was asked if I agreed with the writer of the article, then the other questions were like why I chose philosophy, any philosophers I knew of, and what my hobbies/ccas were!

Don't worry too much and just go there and be yourself! (Aha I was really quite nervous but the prof was so so nice)

All the best!!! :) if you have anymore questions just ask me!

Chesky_77

Reaction score
Hi . I checked my application status in NUS and its in exception error ... HTTP Error 500 blah blah.. is it similar to u all.????

PororoTheP

Reaction score
Hi guys! Anyone here with international qualification received any replies from SMU Biz school after interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.