Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2015, 10:37 AM   #151

com eng, extrememly chim

need to good in MATH
What is the boy girl ration in CS? Got any chicks w big ( . Y . )
SherylToT and darthllord like this.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:21 AM   #152

DA/NAA

Hi everyoneee, literally just created an account to post here.

Anyway, I'm really curious about what kind of achievements people (who got in through DA/NAA) have. Last year when I went to the NUS open house, a student told me that he knew someone from Architecture who scored 3.0 GPA but got in through DA.

Anyone has any idea?
Old 03-02-2015, 11:49 AM   #153

com eng, extrememly chim

need to good in MATH
HAHHAA I SUCK AT MATHS
Old 03-02-2015, 12:00 PM   #154
Banned

Hi everyoneee, literally just created an account to post here.

Anyway, I'm really curious about what kind of achievements people (who got in through DA/NAA) have. Last year when I went to the NUS open house, a student told me that he knew someone from Architecture who scored 3.0 GPA but got in through DA.

Anyone has any idea?
That person prolly had experience working in large interior design firms, maybe won design awards (YDA, red dot e.t.c.), or participated/represented in national competitions that exhibits his talents, not just in academics.

There are too many grads using results without achievements trying to enter uni, so DA/NAA is there.

Last edited by avalanste; 03-02-2015 at 12:02 PM..
Old 03-02-2015, 03:55 PM   #155

That person prolly had experience working in large interior design firms, maybe won design awards (YDA, red dot e.t.c.), or participated/represented in national competitions that exhibits his talents, not just in academics.

There are too many grads using results without achievements trying to enter uni, so DA/NAA is there.
Erm can I ask if I don't have any achievements should I just ask my poly lecturer to be the appraiser anyway? Wayang by using the leadership qualities, positive influence, integrity, etc etc.

Or just totally ignore the DA/NAA part? I already wrote some random cca and the 300 words part.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:03 PM   #156
Arch-Supremacy Member

What is the boy girl ration in CS? Got any chicks w big ( . Y . )
everycourse got

bo big deal, but usually attached
Old 03-02-2015, 05:18 PM   #157

Owing to the large number of applications received, we are releasing the outcome in batches from April to July.

We use email as our primary means of communication. Therefore, please select a reliable email provider. There may also be situations beyond our control where we may not be able to notify you due to incorrect or invalid email address or due to technical problems. It is the responsibility of the applicant to check your status online or send an email to our office if you have not received any notification from us.

So, this just turned up on my NTU Application Status Menu... APRIL?!?!?!?!?! It's gonna be a longgggg wait
Old 03-02-2015, 06:43 PM   #158
Great Supremacy Member

Owing to the large number of applications received, we are releasing the outcome in batches from April to July.

We use email as our primary means of communication. Therefore, please select a reliable email provider. There may also be situations beyond our control where we may not be able to notify you due to incorrect or invalid email address or due to technical problems. It is the responsibility of the applicant to check your status online or send an email to our office if you have not received any notification from us.

So, this just turned up on my NTU Application Status Menu... APRIL?!?!?!?!?! It's gonna be a longgggg wait
It's customary every year ma
Old 03-02-2015, 06:47 PM   #159

Erm can I ask if I don't have any achievements should I just ask my poly lecturer to be the appraiser anyway? Wayang by using the leadership qualities, positive influence, integrity, etc etc.

Or just totally ignore the DA/NAA part? I already wrote some random cca and the 300 words part.
Just go ahead with the submission, but don't put too much hope on it.

As those qualities you mention are very common and is expected of any applicants.
Generally NAA refers to achievements outside school, example international olympiads, national/international sports competition and arts competition, active community service with a NGO, NYAA, entrepreneurship ventures, WorldSkills, competitions related to the course.

HAHHAA I SUCK AT MATHS
I guess you can say good bye to a large part of your social life when you get into the computer-related course.
- If you don't study hard in maths, a possible scenario will be,
- You fail maths courses during semester 1, then your curriculum plans get interrupted because you have to repeat in semester 2, you have a separate timetable from your clique, you gradually get further from your clique. You fail again in sem 2, then it snowballs into other sem, you can't move on to courses with math pre-requisite, life becomes a mess.

So yeah... if you have not been actively doing programming stuff that requires mathematical skills in your leisure time, example, trying to create a mobile app/website/building own server, my guess is computer courses are not for you.
Similar to social sciences courses, those people are expected to be reading current affairs, upcoming course-related studies and actively have opinions on them. Example, writing a blog or on SNS and sending opinion articles to news agency.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:54 PM   #160

Uh oh... really? mind sharing your gpa? just for a feel... I cant pick up those thick accents too haha. Maybe ill consider something else. Problem for me is that with my gpa, theres nothing much for me to pick and choose. Thanks for replying as well
5th Sem CGPA - 3.72

I think with your gpa, you might stand a chance to enter that course
Are you going to serve NS for the next 2 years? If so, you can wait for the next year and apply with your 6th sem for better chances (provided you do well )

Anyway, you can also try SMU. Their applications are not so results-orientated, but whether you can fare well in their interviews too.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:40 PM   #161
Great Supremacy Member

Smu as long as u qualify for the interviews u sure get in de. interview just a time waster
Old 04-02-2015, 01:49 AM   #162

Hey,
I am currently at my poly final year
cGPA is 3.99 (non biz related Dip)
O lvl: L1R4 11 raw(Eng C5, A/E maths A1)
Pls rate my chance for
NUS: Business Admin
NTU: Business

Thank you!~
confirm can get in. You should have already received NTU's EA invitation and got in right.....it's matter of scholarship only (Unless you are from RP).
Old 04-02-2015, 09:15 AM   #163

Just go ahead with the submission, but don't put too much hope on it.

As those qualities you mention are very common and is expected of any applicants.
Generally NAA refers to achievements outside school, example international olympiads, national/international sports competition and arts competition, active community service with a NGO, NYAA, entrepreneurship ventures, WorldSkills, competitions related to the course.

I guess you can say good bye to a large part of your social life when you get into the computer-related course.
- If you don't study hard in maths, a possible scenario will be,
- You fail maths courses during semester 1, then your curriculum plans get interrupted because you have to repeat in semester 2, you have a separate timetable from your clique, you gradually get further from your clique. You fail again in sem 2, then it snowballs into other sem, you can't move on to courses with math pre-requisite, life becomes a mess.

So yeah... if you have not been actively doing programming stuff that requires mathematical skills in your leisure time, example, trying to create a mobile app/website/building own server, my guess is computer courses are not for you.
Similar to social sciences courses, those people are expected to be reading current affairs, upcoming course-related studies and actively have opinions on them. Example, writing a blog or on SNS and sending opinion articles to news agency.
Sounds scary Do you do programming in your leisure time ?
Old 04-02-2015, 02:03 PM   #164

Guys what are my chances for NTU EEE?

CGPA 3.44
O level 18
Old 04-02-2015, 02:33 PM   #165
Supremacy Member

Guys what are my chances for NTU EEE?

CGPA 3.44
O level 18
if you are a guy, do well for your upcoming exam..

apply now, if didn't get offer,
apply again during your NS with 6semster CGPA..
try to pull up to 3.5+ to be on the safer side.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.