NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thegyoza

Reaction score
oh i c... i m fron jc so the Q they asked me quite different from yours. but they didn't ask u the estimation Q? i thought it's compulsory for every interviewee haha

Yeah they asked me to explain the answer for the estimation question.

Basically there are 3 parts to the interview.

1) Karel Test (15 minutes)
2) Estimation Question (5 minutes)
3) Main Interview
3.1) Explain your Karel Answer (Only if your answer is wrong)
3.2) Explain your Estimation Question Answer (To clear their doubt)
3.3) Interviewer ask questions
3.4) Interviewee ask questions

Qosmix

Reaction score
Anyone paid the 200$ confirmation fee for SMU yet ? When is the latest we have to pay ?

isrida96

Reaction score
Anyone paid the 200$ confirmation fee for SMU yet ? When is the latest we have to pay ?

I've paid the confirmation fees. I think you need to pay before online matriculation. You may want to check with the admission office about it.

Btw for those who are matriculating to SMU this year, here's a link to the important dates for matriculation, camps, convocation, ID check etc. http://www.home.smusa.sg/#!events-calendar/c14w0

Y

yuenfone

Hi may i know whether can i apply for ntu univeristy any course.

CGPA 3.182
O LVL 14 points
course aeronautical engineering sp

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Hi may i know whether can i apply for ntu univeristy any course.

CGPA 3.182
O LVL 14 points
course aeronautical engineering sp

You probably wouldnt get into any course with those grades. You could try NTU physics, the igp is 3.34. But you should consider SIT instead. Unlikely that you will get into NTU.

nightzzz

Reaction score
Yeah they asked me to explain the answer for the estimation question.

Basically there are 3 parts to the interview.

1) Karel Test (15 minutes)
2) Estimation Question (5 minutes)
3) Main Interview
3.1) Explain your Karel Answer (Only if your answer is wrong)
3.2) Explain your Estimation Question Answer (To clear their doubt)
3.3) Interviewer ask questions
3.4) Interviewee ask questions

oh i see! thanks!! just hope i can get in!

alianagrande

Reaction score
hi guys,

just submitted appeal into SMU IS.

it was my second choice but i was rejected from it. my rp is 72 (their tenth percentile is like 68.75). in my first application, i hadn't mentioned much of cca stuff like council, etc. i wasn't called for interview. but everywhere online i see ads of SMU IS and stuff, which gives me the impression that they may want more students? someone else had mentioned that last year she also put IS in her 3rd choice, but after she appeal into it, she got in. her logic is that they don't want to be a "dumping ground". in my appeal, i mentioned my cca and all my other stuff. do you think i stand a good chance...?

schoolboyz

Reaction score
Hi guys, I haven’t get any reply from ntu but their deadline for appeal is reaching. So, may I know what should I do? Should I appeal or just wait for the offer letter? :s22:

cgpa: 3.74, foreigner, do i stand a chance go get into NTU EEE?

Very high chance for local students but if for foreign students I think very slim hope..

Havok_ex

Reaction score
hi guys,

it was my second choice but i was rejected from it. my rp is 72 (their tenth percentile is like 68.75). in my first application, i hadn't mentioned much of cca stuff like council, etc. i wasn't called for interview. but everywhere online i see ads of SMU IS and stuff, which gives me the impression that they may want more students? someone else had mentioned that last year she also put IS in her 3rd choice, but after she appeal into it, she got in. her logic is that they don't want to be a "dumping ground". in my appeal, i mentioned my cca and all my other stuff. do you think i stand a good chance...?

The ads are directed at taking away students who would otherwise choose NUS or NTU instead. Not just any other students.

nightzzz

Reaction score
hi guys,

i think they wan students who really have passion for this course. i got few friends who scored around 72 rp but put IS as their first choice. they have received the offer long time ago

alianagrande

Reaction score
i think they wan students who really have passion for this course. i got few friends who scored around 72 rp but put IS as their first choice. they have received the offer long time ago

so do you think if i mention my passion for IT in my appeal, will i be able to be shortlisted?

IAmZTX

Reaction score
so do you think if i mention my passion for IT in my appeal, will i be able to be shortlisted?

Why are you asking nightzzz when he is not the one looking at your appeal? That is very strange question you have there. Why not wait for the outcome and see how it goes?

Adenovirus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've paid the confirmation fees. I think you need to pay before online matriculation. You may want to check with the admission office about it.

Btw for those who are matriculating to SMU this year, here's a link to the important dates for matriculation, camps, convocation, ID check etc. http://www.home.smusa.sg/#!events-calendar/c14w0

For incoming SMU freshies, please try to attend CSP camps like Starring, Inspirar and kidleidoscope. Each of these camps will allow you to clock at least half of your CSP hour requirements. On a side note, please do not miss the FTB camp. Its gonna be really fun and u will make friends who will stay with u through out your uni life

ganshiwei

Reaction score
NTU Appeal Date

Anyone know when is the deadline for Ntu appeal ?? Nus seems to be at 3rd june 2015 :/

Cheerysingaporean

Reaction score
Anyone know when is the deadline for Ntu appeal ?? Nus seems to be at 3rd june 2015 :/
Today is the deadline. http://admissions.ntu.edu.sg/UndergraduateAdmissions/Pages/ALevel.aspx

Appeals to nus are due tomorrow. http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/apply/local/appeals/AYA-appeal.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.