HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2015, 06:49 PM   #1711

I see. Yes I am
Ooh no wonder.. Anyway no harm calling them to find out see what happen.. Cos ur score seems quite gd leh..
Old 12-05-2015, 06:59 PM   #1712

I see. Yes I am
By the way have u also applied for the similar course by NTU since it's cut off pt is much lower?
Old 12-05-2015, 07:28 PM   #1713

By the way have u also applied for the similar course by NTU since it's cut off pt is much lower?
Ya applied for ntu chem eng but got rejected. Wtf right, 86.75rp bro.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:54 PM   #1714

Lol what.. that's stupid
I don't think it's possible to gatecrash cause need to rsvp for the tea session. So I think they'll take note who's attending it.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:59 PM   #1715

All diploma doesn't have direct year 2 and all diploma can apply to computer science in nus. There is module exemption but most of it is elective and some of the module exemption u can just take test in nus if you are from different course. If u are talking about ntu there is a person who got in from bio course if not wrong, even so the module exemption given by ntu is also elective. I don find where the relevant part important because I am from engineering course and it obviously not relevant to com science just that it in the list. Btw I got in com science...
Hi lamerena, u applied to ntu comp sci? Mind sharing your gpa? No news on my side....
Old 12-05-2015, 09:12 PM   #1716
High Supremacy Member

I don't think it's possible to gatecrash cause need to rsvp for the tea session. So I think they'll take note who's attending it.
I accompanied my friend to her tea session last year so...

Old 12-05-2015, 09:25 PM   #1717

I see. Yes I am
Well, that pretty much explains it. The applicants you are competing with are foreign scholars, who have grades very similar to yours. So it will be more difficult for you.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:37 PM   #1718

I just got accepted by SMU today. Interviewed on feb.

NUS BIZ also offered me, only NTU didn't get back.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:48 PM   #1719
Master Member

Like I said it doesn't haha cause they were talking about relevant diploma and nus allow all diploma to apply. I am talking more on admission part just that relevant grant u exemption and one of module can be taken test to exempt doesn't have to be relevant course

Edit: what I am trying to say is there is no clear indication that a person with relevant diploma is prefer over a one without since nus allows all diploma to apply.For NTU I think they are quite flexible cause diploma with merit can apply any courses which I had gotten.
oh well. just a word of advice, if your diploma is not relevant, better dont join the course. u will suffer =). I know quite a number of irrelevant diploma grads suffering in nus comp sci.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:54 PM   #1720
Master Member

I am only quoting you because you mentioned there isn't any relevant diploma to computer science, which I corrected you in.

Not sure about whether having relevant diploma would help in application or not though. But there isn't any proves in anything or whatsoever. who knows, it's just the opinions of yours and his after all.
The term acceptance would be more appropriate than apply/application.
nope relevant diploma doesnt help in application. It only helps in exemption as well as how well you will survive in that course. If you think the irrelevant dip is fine and wanna try, go ahead. However, u will be owned by others with experience in that field.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:16 PM   #1721

Hi all, have placing in NTU EEE and NUS EE.

Just curious.

Any senior can elaborate on the scoring system for both unis?

Which one easier to score. Thanks..
Old 12-05-2015, 10:36 PM   #1722

hi all, im a poly applicant (still in NS, will only start uni next year) who has received offers from both nus and ntu. however, i am still undecided as to which course i should pursue since i intend to appeal out of my ntu offer to another choice.

as such, should i accept the offers from both unis, or am i only allowed to pick one? i heard rumours that accepting offers from more than one uni might lead to the unis retracting their offers.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:39 PM   #1723

What u mean? Mine changed to received tho.
Are u talking abt nus? If so on the status page must see outcome of application instead of processing/received. Don't worry much. They email u once u are offered.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:42 PM   #1724

hi all, im a poly applicant (still in NS, will only start uni next year) who has received offers from both nus and ntu. however, i am still undecided as to which course i should pursue since i intend to appeal out of my ntu offer to another choice.

as such, should i accept the offers from both unis, or am i only allowed to pick one? i heard rumours that accepting offers from more than one uni might lead to the unis retracting their offers.
Whatever your offer, you need to accept it through the Joint Acceptance Portal, which is shared by all of them. So you will only be able to accept one offer. Once you accept an offer, your other offers are automatically rejected.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:14 PM   #1725

Whatever your offer, you need to accept it through the Joint Acceptance Portal, which is shared by all of them. So you will only be able to accept one offer. Once you accept an offer, your other offers are automatically rejected.
oh i see haha, thanks for the heads up!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.