NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

stressedout95

Reaction score
hey guys was submitting my NTU appeal ( I submitted) but wanted to make amendment but they denied it saying that my appeal has already been submitted?!?!?! what's going on I thought they said that the last modified appeal can still be received by 1 june 2359 :s11::s11::s11:

ganshiwei

Reaction score
I think it's because after u click confirm, that's your appeal already! I just submitted my appeal, all the best to everyone appealing!!

bel14z

Reaction score
hello guys is it weird that my application status is still "processing"? :-( i applied for nus fass. the online appeal page is opened on my oasf though, does that mean i am actually rejected?

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Is NTU ADM are they still considering the applicants or its over already

hello guys is it weird that my application status is still "processing"? :-( i applied for nus fass. the online appeal page is opened on my oasf though, does that mean i am actually rejected?

Nothing is set in stone until you actually receive a rejection letter or email.

jameskoay

Reaction score
Anyone going to NUS business camp? Heard news from them?

calls are going out. sadly these type of faculty camps have limited space... so the harsh reality is that ppl are selected based on how "haps" your facebook profile is :(:(:s13:

but yes the NUS biz camp is usually better than the "O week" one. :s13:

ohgnod

Reaction score
hi guys,

just submitted appeal into SMU IS.

it was my second choice but i was rejected from it. my rp is 72 (their tenth percentile is like 68.75). in my first application, i hadn't mentioned much of cca stuff like council, etc. i wasn't called for interview. but everywhere online i see ads of SMU IS and stuff, which gives me the impression that they may want more students? someone else had mentioned that last year she also put IS in her 3rd choice, but after she appeal into it, she got in. her logic is that they don't want to be a "dumping ground". in my appeal, i mentioned my cca and all my other stuff. do you think i stand a good chance...?

Weird, my rp is just slightly higher than yours and was called for the interview (2nd choice). i think most probably because of the essay component?

I get the impression that smu wants to interview as much potential candidates as possible and interview is the one that really decides whether you get into the course.

Anyway i do think that you have quite a good chance of getting into IS granted that you do okay for your interview. And it also seems that they are more lenient towards JC students imo.

Good luck!

summervin

Reaction score
What interview questions will SMU ask?

Hi, I was shortlisted by SMU to attend an interview which will be tomorrow. Does anyone knows what questions they will be asking?:s11::s11:

summervin

Reaction score
Which course you been offered for interview?

Information System Management. Do you have any idea how they would ask? In the email they said to:

4) Complete the “Learn” tab on the Stanford Karel page: and try out the exercises at. You will be expected to answer a similar question during the interview.

Meaning that I have to complete the "Karel" programming and expect to get questions regarding it?

ohgnod

Reaction score

Information System Management. Do you have any idea how they would ask? In the email they said to:

4) Complete the “Learn” tab on the Stanford Karel page: and try out the exercises at. You will be expected to answer a similar question during the interview.

Meaning that I have to complete the "Karel" programming and expect to get questions regarding it?
Yes. You need to learn how karel programming works and there will be a test before the interview. The interviewers will then review your codes during the actual interview.

Since your interview is tomorrow, take at least an hour or two today to practice. Use IF and WHILE function as much as possible.

isabelxo

Reaction score

Are you from Poly? Maybe they think u have a prior experience? :)

summervin

Reaction score
Yes. You need to learn how karel programming works and there will be a test before the interview. The interviewers will then review your codes during the actual interview.

Since your interview is tomorrow, take at least an hour or two today to practice. Use IF and WHILE function as much as possible.

Thanks for your advise!! However, I am stuck at Unit 8, Lesson 5.:( Do you happen to solve it?

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
Use IF and WHILE function as much as possible.

It is not about the number of If and While that you write, it is about how clear your thought is. Many students wrote so many if and while which is totally unnecessary.

summervin

Reaction score
It is not about the number of If and While that you write, it is about how clear your thought is. Many students wrote so many if and while which is totally unnecessary.

Do you have an answer for the one that I'm stuck at?:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.