NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok_ex

Reaction score
NS econ vs NTU econ

which is better?

NUS econs or NTU econs? I think both are quite good and pretty established. NTU gives you the advantage of starting in the major from the moment you step in. But NUS also has the advantage of flexibility. If you take the introductory mod for Econs in FASS and find that you dont like econs, you can take another major instead. IMO, both are equally good. Choose the one nearest to your house.

stressedout95

Reaction score
NUS econs or NTU econs? I think both are quite good and pretty established. NTU gives you the advantage of starting in the major from the moment you step in. But NUS also has the advantage of flexibility. If you take the introductory mod for Econs in FASS and find that you dont like econs, you can take another major instead. IMO, both are equally good. Choose the one nearest to your house.

IA. Anw if you're free Havox_ex i've sent you a pm:) thanks!

IAmZTX

Reaction score
Hhaa.. Thanks... but there is this thing that confuses me: "Before you can matriculate, you must accept NTU's offer of admission first and receive your matriculation number".

I have already accepted the offer but where is my matriculation no?

They will send the freshmen admission procedures to your email in mid-june or later.

IAmZTX

Reaction score
Wait for email? Snail mail? I'm very kan cheong leh. Last time's system less stressful cos all snail mail based.

email la.. just wait.. actually IMHO their system sucks. Once you get in, you will know why... haha all the best

IAmZTX

Reaction score
alamak.. now then u say. if i know, i wouldn't accept the offer. haha

Haha, doesn't matter actually. Only the admission procedures need improvement IMO (You are a good example because you also lose in direction where to proceed). Other than that, it is based on how you going to cope with life there..

witchboyz

Reaction score
Hi,

I ord in early September, and Ntu told me that I have to wait at least 3 working days after the joint acceptance closed on 2nd June to receive my disruption letter from them. Thus, only can start to apply for disruption next week.

However, school starts in August this year. So Still have enough time to disrupt successfully for enrolling into Ntu this year?

IAmZTX

Reaction score
Hi,

I ord in early September, and Ntu told me that I have to wait at least 3 working days after the joint acceptance closed on 2nd June to receive my disruption letter from them. Thus, only can start to apply for disruption next week.

However, school starts in August this year. So Still have enough time to disrupt successfully for enrolling into Ntu this year?

Don't think there is a problem. Why don't you contact Mindef or NTU directly?

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
Don't think so leh. Other people cannot get disruption easily unless you are a white horse.

Not true. Depends on how long you plan to disrupt. They usually allow 1 month of disruption. Longer than that have to wait till next intake. All my poly friends who has to disrupt the last 1 mth managed to do so, except for 1 case which has to disrupt longer than that. So for my that friend he waited till next intake.

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Hi,

IMO, depending on the flexibility of your workplace, you might not need to disrupt at all. See if you can cut a deal with your commander if you can save your leaves and offs to be used in the month of August. School only starts on 11th August. The month of August only has 13 schooling days. If there is anyway for you to collect offs by doing weekend guard duties etc. you can use it all in August and not have to disrupt. On top of that, its not everyday that you will have school.

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Don't think so leh. Other people cannot get disruption easily unless you are a white horse.

No. Deferment is hard to get. Disruption is quite easy. Even those who go overseas to study can get disruption. Depends on how much of your service you have left to complete.

Evil Bunny

Reaction score
Hi,

Really depends on how your NS unit works already. Disruption is easy to get, but that is if you had applied for disruption from your unit very early.

Somewhat late at june... I know of a person who did not managed to disrupt because of late application anyway.

slayerfin

Reaction score
Is there any future for a graduate with math major? Besides going into the teaching or research industry

witchboyz

Reaction score
Really depends on how your NS unit works already. Disruption is easy to get, but that is if you had applied for disruption from your unit very early.

Somewhat late at june... I know of a person who did not managed to disrupt because of late application anyway.

That's because I made a change in accepting my choice of institution and course this year. :/

zoahix

Reaction score
Just had my SMU interview today, anyone know usually when will the results be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.