NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamatiger

Reaction score
Just had my SMU interview today, anyone know usually when will the results be released?

My friend(JC) got accepted next day aft the interview. Btw, any senior can adv what to prepare/read/explore for SMU ISM before Sch start? The Sch did said they will send some info on courses for those without IT background to start on first, but till now haven't hear from them yet. Tks.

IAmZTX

Reaction score
My friend(JC) got accepted next day aft the interview. Btw, any senior can adv what to prepare/read/explore for SMU ISM before Sch start? The Sch did said they will send some info on courses for those without IT background to start on first, but till now haven't hear from them yet. Tks.

LOL! Are you serious? You haven't matriculate into SMU yet want to go for courses already. Want to be kiasu also not like that la.

And freaking do your research before asking. Don't always expect people to feed you with answers.

This is University level (not your "there is alway answers if i follow the textbook" style). If you can't

research information by yourself, i don't see why the community here should help you at all. We are

now living in a world where information can be found easily in the internet. If you can't even do

that, I strongly suggest you to wake up your idea. Anyway, this is the hard truth. Take it or leave it.

Last edited:

Drakonaut

Reaction score
Hi guys, I know it may sound stupid, but for NUS computer science hor can survive without laptop for like 1 month (it show :s13:)? I intending to get one when school starts...get now like no point cos I got desktop liao :s22::s22::(

agenda

Master Member
Reaction score
Disruption will be given as long as it makes you enter the same time as your batch

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score

That is a very positive thinking and it will be the key factor that keep you ahead of the rest. Some people think that you are kiasu. But you will be the one that stay above rest. =)

Anyway, you may wanna PM Agenda regarding the course as he/she is from SMU ISM.

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I know it may sound stupid, but for NUS computer science hor can survive without laptop for like 1 month (it show :s13:)? I intending to get one when school starts...get now like no point cos I got desktop liao :s22::s22::(

Yes it is possible to survive without bringing laptop to school. In fact thats what my juniors did. There are many computer lab in SoC. so you can always use the computers there.

If you are a Jc student, do register for the intro to programming workshop.
If you are a poly student, do register for the refresher workshop.

And welcome to NUS SoC :D

IAmZTX

Reaction score
That is a very positive thinking and it will be the key factor that keep you ahead of the rest. Some people think that you are kiasu. But you will be the one that stay above rest. =)

Anyway, you may wanna PM Agenda regarding the course as he/she is from SMU ISM.

I disagree with you. So you said that feeding answers to someone who is too lazy to do research by himself/herself is a positive thinking mindset? How has NUS groom you through these years ? Make me wonders really. Are you trying to say that you also depend on your peers for answers than being independent when it is the uni level? Please do not corrupt the young ones. They need to know the objective of studying, not for the sake of it.

If you want to argue on this, at least do some research that SMU has not yet matriculate incoming students. Thus, these courses will be conducted in due dates.

Sent from anywhere using GAGT

Last edited:

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
I disagree with you. So you said that feeding answers to someone who is too lazy to do research by himself/herself is a positive thinking mindset? How has NUS groom you through these years ? Make me wonders really. Are you trying to say that you also depend on your peers for answers than being independent when it is the uni level? Please do not corrupt the young ones. Ty.

Sent from anywhere using GAGT

I have no idea what you are talking about.
I am referring to the fact that he wants to start early.
May I know what is wrong with that?

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw, any senior can adv what to prepare/read/explore for SMU ISM before Sch start? The Sch did said they will send some info on courses for those without IT background to start on first, but till now haven't hear from them yet. Tks.

Not from smu nor doing info system , but usually the curriculum can be found on their website. Just like poly.

Ism is this course?:

sis.smu.edu.sg/programmes/bsc-information-systems-management/curriculum/detail-ay2015-16

Maybe u can see what textbooks they are using n what topics they are covering.

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sometimes there is lack of preparation, sometimes there is over preparation. In this case, I doubt there is anything you need to prepare. You can read anything you like about the subject, but that's outside of the course.

I think if you really want to prepare, prepare your mental state.
1) Prepare to work really hard to acquire as much knowledge as possible
2) Prepare to spend your time wisely when required. Work hard, play hard
3) Prepare to be open-minded and be an empty cup rather than a half-filled cup
4) Prepare to find your course challenging.
5) Prepare for the unprepared and unknowns.

If you like IT, you would already have know things, not because you need to attend a course, but because you like knowing these stuffs. You can force yourself to prepare but it will most likely not stay in your mind.

Remember the only good reason why someone will excel in anything is because they like the thing they are doing, they love doing it as much as possible, but when you pull them away from what they love, they feels depress not able to do it anymore.

This is the passion that will drive a person to always be better than your yesterday. Remember you are not winning others, you should be winning yourself.

Goodluck :)

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
This is the passion that will drive a person to always be better than your yesterday. Remember you are not winning others, you should be winning yourself.

I totally second this. This is what I have been telling myself and the rest. :)

escapelife

Reaction score
How much does it cost to stay in Hall? Can someone feed me the answer?
Plus whose going for NTU FOC! Raise up your hand!

kloppite

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've just been offered a spot in SMU business and I'll have to reply them by 7 June. However I'm also trying to appeal for a spot in NTU biz.

1) May i know if accepting SMU's offer will affect my chances for NTU? Cause i heard they might be using the same system

2) I read that I'm only able to accept 1 offer from a single university. So if I were to accept SMU now and my appeal to NTU was successful, am I able to reject SMU again and go for NTU?

Many thanks!

Last edited:

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've just been offered a spot in SMU business and I'll have to reply them by 7 June. However I'm also trying to appeal for a spot in NTU biz.

1) May i know if accepting SMU's offer will affect my chances for NTU? Cause i heard they might be using the same system

2) I read that I'm only able to accept 1 offer from a single university. So if I were to accept SMU now and my appeal to NTU was successful, am I able to reject SMU again and go for NTU?

Many thanks!

1. They do share the same system but it would not affect your appeal.

2. If you get an offer from NTU after accepting SMU, you can still withdraw from SMU and go to NTU.

kloppite

Reaction score
1. They do share the same system but it would not affect your appeal.

2. If you get an offer from NTU after accepting SMU, you can still withdraw from SMU and go to NTU.

Thank you! Do you know if the withdrawal is done via the online system too?

hxh2211

Reaction score
NTU English interview

Has anyone went for NTU english interview?
I heard we must choose between free writing essay and poetry analysis, able to tell me what is the topic for the free writing essay?

Thanks in advance!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.