HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2015, 11:08 PM   #1801
Master Member
 
MoxLotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,907
U applied comp scien? Mine is processing as well and no interview called. Sian, this year is so weird.
nus comp sci interview are only conducted if you failed some of their min req

e.g. No A Math
__________________
Cleverness is not wisdom

Last edited by MoxLotus; 14-05-2015 at 11:11 PM..
MoxLotus is offline  
Old 14-05-2015, 11:34 PM   #1802
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 37
ikr. appeal starts on next week so i guess they should release it before 22/05.
as for NTU, appeal window opens tomorrow and email nowhere to be found. sian.
hi guys, i also applied for com sci, never hear anything at all... no acceptance, no rejection.
alianagrande is offline  
Old 14-05-2015, 11:35 PM   #1803
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 59
hi guys, i also applied for com sci, never hear anything at all... no acceptance, no rejection.
does ur rank point/ gpa exceed that of 10th percentile?
vonnorth is offline  
Old 14-05-2015, 11:39 PM   #1804
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 28
does ur rank point/ gpa exceed that of 10th percentile?
for me nope. 3.74 sp grad. i guess i don't have a chance?
UnKn0wNaL13n is offline  
Old 14-05-2015, 11:40 PM   #1805
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 35
so just submit appeal tomorrow? or wait till last day of the appealing period?
I emailed NUS before and they said they're releasing application outcome all the way till late May.
For that, I am not sure. I emailed NTU before too.. They said the application outcome will be made known anytime till June 2015. I am also in delimma.. Whether to submit appeal tmr or wait until the day before the last day..
Exlier is offline  
Old 15-05-2015, 12:06 AM   #1806
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 275
For that, I am not sure. I emailed NTU before too.. They said the application outcome will be made known anytime till June 2015. I am also in delimma.. Whether to submit appeal tmr or wait until the day before the last day..
Submit first. Appeal will come later. Then reject the appeal ah. If appealing same course. no harm
fathernature is offline  
Old 15-05-2015, 12:18 AM   #1807
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 59
Submit first. Appeal will come later. Then reject the appeal ah. If appealing same course. no harm
Do you think appealing my 4th choice course makes sense? Havent get any news from my first choice course
vonnorth is offline  
Old 15-05-2015, 01:16 AM   #1808
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,813
Do you think appealing my 4th choice course makes sense? Havent get any news from my first choice course
It might be better to appeal to another choice course. According to NTU Appeal faq:

"If you are not offered any programme that you had previously opted, it is highly unlikely that your appeal to the same programme will be successful. However, you are not precluded from appealing for the same programme that you had selected."

http://askntu.ntu.edu.sg/Home/hybrid/Themes/NTU/answers.asp?ProjectId=7474024&CurProjectId=7474024&MesId=5416790&isCFP=&isListings=&goBack=&From=Show&TOPV=YES&VMesID=411802&loginsession=No
Havok_ex is offline  
Old 15-05-2015, 01:18 AM   #1809
Senior Member
 
photobuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 537
If I'm not wrong...... You need to accept offer in the first window. Otherwise offer lapse. Cannot get back. So if don't accept any offer, then gone case liao. Unless second window you have offer. But rare.
photobuff is offline  
Old 15-05-2015, 01:25 AM   #1810
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 59
It might be better to appeal to another choice course. According to NTU Appeal faq:

"If you are not offered any programme that you had previously opted, it is highly unlikely that your appeal to the same programme will be successful. However, you are not precluded from appealing for the same programme that you had selected."

http://askntu.ntu.edu.sg/Home/hybrid...oginsession=No
I see.. Do you think it's okay to appeal without any recommendation and stuff? I have no such thing at all.. I dont know why NTU still hasnt accepted me when my rank point is way higher than my first choice course.. Maybe because im a foreigner..
vonnorth is offline  
Old 15-05-2015, 01:27 AM   #1811
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 59
It might be better to appeal to another choice course. According to NTU Appeal faq:

"If you are not offered any programme that you had previously opted, it is highly unlikely that your appeal to the same programme will be successful. However, you are not precluded from appealing for the same programme that you had selected."

http://askntu.ntu.edu.sg/Home/hybrid...oginsession=No
And, does that answer from NTU mean that it's better to appeal to totally new course? Is my FOURTH choice course considered as 'programme that I had previously opted'??
vonnorth is offline  
Old 15-05-2015, 12:44 PM   #1812
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 16
NTU HSS Tea Party 23 May 2015

Hello everyoneeeeeeeeee!

Has anyone got an invitation for NTU HSS Tea Party on 23 May 2015?
Hands up
igniteyourbonesx is offline  
Old 15-05-2015, 01:44 PM   #1813
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 10
Hello everyoneeeeeeeeee!

Has anyone got an invitation for NTU HSS Tea Party on 23 May 2015?
Hands up
Yea I got it too^^
Jasmine_Ong is offline  
Old 15-05-2015, 01:53 PM   #1814
Master Member
 
MoxLotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,907
I see.. Do you think it's okay to appeal without any recommendation and stuff? I have no such thing at all.. I dont know why NTU still hasnt accepted me when my rank point is way higher than my first choice course.. Maybe because im a foreigner..
GPA = 80%, the other 20% come from O lvl
u can do your calculation.
Suppose your GPA is 4.0, that means u have 80% of the Admission points
compared to someone with 3.6 GPA and L1R4=5, that person will have 92% of the Admission points. =)
__________________
Cleverness is not wisdom
MoxLotus is offline  
Old 15-05-2015, 01:54 PM   #1815
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 59
GPA = 80%, the other 20% come from O lvl
u can do your calculation.
Suppose your GPA is 4.0, that means u have 80% of the Admission points
compared to someone with 3.6 GPA and L1R4=5, that person will have 92% of the Admission points. =)

Haha im from jc
vonnorth is offline  
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On