NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil_bear

Reaction score
Just asking, during poly if we use tuition grant for tuition fee, can i apply tuition grant again for ntu tuition fee again?

Is tuition grant consider government subsidy?

Need to fill up for matriculation, thanks...

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

IAmZTX

Reaction score
Just asking, during poly if we use tuition grant for tuition fee, can i apply tuition grant again for ntu tuition fee again?

Is tuition grant consider government subsidy?

Need to fill up for matriculation, thanks...

can la.. aiyo.. If cannot, you pay unsubsidised fees lo.. good luck with that

lil_bear

Reaction score
So is tuition grant we applied in poly considered subsidy from sg gov?

IAmZTX

Reaction score
Last edited:

slayerfin

Reaction score
I can log in to matriculate but encountered this error:

Tue, 09 Jun 2015 06:06:58 GMT

ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small
ORA-06512: at "ROWEB.ADM_ACCEPTANCE_FORM", line 7073
ORA-06512: at line 31

I'm not sure whether it's due to me taking a long time to fill in the form. I'll try again later.

Also encountered a problem something like this. Anyone has the solution ?

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any seniors from EEE?
Care to share which modules have oral presentation?

Which year are you admitted to? NTU right?

I was direct 2nd year EEE

Modules like technical communication and i believe professional communication have oral presentation.

If im not wrong if u are admitted to year 1 , have to take one more basic communication or something.

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am doing the ntu online acceptance form and i was asked "Have you obtained a certification in engineering mathematics or advanced engineering mathematics?"

I have done engineering maths modules in poly and its written in the transcript but i don't have the cert...

Should I put No, I have not. Or Yes?

Used to encounter this problem.

In your case i think u should put "no".

First time i called ntu and ask, they say if i dont have a "seperate certificate" stating i have a certificate in maths, i should put "no".

If i recall correctly, they told me it is to aid them in sorting out students by putting those who have these certificate in the same class or lecture.

However in poly i took "higher engineering mathematics", which i was awarded a seperate cert for , thusbi called again and ask, the person sounded little impatient, i forgot what she said but it seems to imply i should put no. :s13:

you can call ntu n check.

Anyway doesnt matter alot, ntu eee is tough

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's great.
Btw, is laptop a must? In the Freshmen Portal there is a section for us to buy laptops. They didn't state whether we need it in school. My course is EEE.

Not really a must, but really good to have. There is this place called ihub, basically is like typical computer lab where u can go n use the computer.

Through out the academic year u may need to do some admin work, and the deadline always falls on a time when u r busy, thus better to have a laptop with u.

Also, dont worry about addicted to gaming , eee is stressful enough, surf internet also feel guilty.

No need high end gaming, something reasonable can already.

Best to prepare enough pens n writing paper/exercise book ro practice all the questions, all is pen n paper, pen n paper still the best for engineering

Last edited:

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does NTU have free campus WiFi for students?

Yes. Most of the ntu campus i can access the "NTU_SECURE" wifi.

My friend say hall also have, but not sure i never stay hall.

The NIE campus dont have ntu wifi, think only for nie students. Usually eee students wont want to walk till nie so doesnt really matter

AhPORK

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not really a must, but really good to have. There is this place called ihub, basically is like typical computer lab where u can go n use the computer.

Through out the academic year u may need to do some admin work, and the deadline always falls on a time when u r busy, thus better to have a laptop with u.

Also, dont worry about addicted to gaming , eee is stressful enough, surf internet also feel guilty.

No need high end gaming, something reasonable can already.

Best to prepare enough pens n writing paper/exercise book ro practice all the questions, all is pen n paper, pen n paper still the best for engineering
Got so jialat a not? :s13:
Yes. Most of the ntu campus i can access the "NTU_SECURE" wifi.

My friend say hall also have, but not sure i never stay hall.

The NIE campus dont have ntu wifi, think only for nie students. Usually eee students wont want to walk till nie so doesnt really matter
If you're gonna stay in hall, it'll be good for you to bring your own router. The hall's WIFI sucks :s22:

Sent from my potato using GAGT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.