NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostzw

Reaction score
Hi, is anyone from ntu engineering going for the math and physics refresher courses organised by college of engineering and SPMS next month?

Gowhek12

Reaction score
Yes. The joint acceptance portal will close on 21 June 2015.

Sent from anywhere using GAGT

But for the past few years there are still many ppl whose appeals were successful even after 2nd window. Just that the acceptance for them will be diff. In the matriculation page in NTU it also states that if they receive an offer after deadline they will still be notified by email then direct them to the matriculation page etc.

summervin

Reaction score
Serious? :/ So if there isnt any reply by the 21st, we're defo rejected?

Not necessary. Even after the 2nd window or deadline, you can still write in to appeal and the professors can still assess you by interview or offer you a course.:)

IAmZTX

Reaction score
But for the past few years there are still many ppl whose appeals were successful even after 2nd window. Just that the acceptance for them will be diff. In the matriculation page in NTU it also states that if they receive an offer after deadline they will still be notified by email then direct them to the matriculation page etc.

Thanks for the correction.

From NTU FAQ:

When can we know the appeal outcome?

For applicants holding Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' level qualification or Local Polytechnic Diploma:

The outcome of the appeal will be notified via email, end June/early July. You will be informed on the procedure of acceptance if your appeal is successful.

For applicant holding international and other qualifications:
You will be notified by email one to two weeks after the appeal period.

cincaifish

Reaction score
Hi, is anyone from ntu engineering going for the math and physics refresher courses organised by college of engineering and SPMS next month?

I'm going for the phrsics refresher, even though I can only attend 5 out of the 8 sessions. Dk if it makes me seem kiasu but I've also heard a friend said that the refreshers are a waste of time. (She's from COE, year 2 this year)

Lostzw

Reaction score
I'm going for the phrsics refresher, even though I can only attend 5 out of the 8 sessions. Dk if it makes me seem kiasu but I've also heard a friend said that the refreshers are a waste of time. (She's from COE, year 2 this year)

Haha. Probably she thought that way coz she did not have to let her brain rust for 2 years due to NS. I will be going for both though, as not touching them for 2 years straight will make me struggle badly if i were to not refresh my concepts.

joey_xu

Reaction score
By the way do not be too happy with starting from year 2. Some of my friends went in and totally lost. My suggestions: buck up your programming and physics knowledge. Always prepare yourself before going in. With that, i wish you all the best and may god bless you.

Yes i agree with you. am very worried too with the fact that it is direct to yr 2. And i been asking ard; and all told me not ez to cope...so i guess besides working hard and smart, believing in yourself is important....anw my programming v weak..hopefully god will really bless me...

Last edited:

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes i agree with you. am very worried too with the fact that it is direct to yr 2. And i been asking ard; and all told me not ez to cope...so i guess besides working hard, believing in yourself is important....anw my programming v weak..hopefully god will really bless me...

Still got time before sch start
If u know what ur weak in u can start working on it before sch starts

IAmZTX

Reaction score
I'm reserving a spot in SMU right now but aiming for NTU.. Will be going to NS and try to apply again while I'm inside. My grades' actually higher thn the IGP so if i dont get in this year i doubt it'll happen next alrd :/

I see. It's always better to apply early as the tuition fees is increasing each yr. Since you are entering NS soon, you have two yr to try. All the best to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.