HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2015, 08:25 AM   #181

"majority of engineering/science/IT students can do it too"

This means a majority can do it. Meaning they can score on par with the average biz/humanities student, which means getting a B.

"and sometimes do it better too."

This is where the 15% comes in. Some of the majority, can do it better, getting an A-, which is ahead of the curve.

Maybe I'm wrong, my stats are purely anecdotal from how I see my own peers and friends perform. You really should brush up on your language though.
Thank you and I had a good laugh.
Old 05-02-2015, 02:14 PM   #182

Still awaiting documents in NUS portal -.- How long will it take to receive and process ??? Anybody know when is the fastest the give you offer in normal admission period ?
i submit on 1feb2015 now status is application in process did u make payment and submit the relevant docs alr?
Old 05-02-2015, 02:57 PM   #183

i submit on 1feb2015 now status is application in process did u make payment and submit the relevant docs alr?
Yup submitted all.
Mine now on application procesing redi thanks

Btw what course you applied for ? EE ?

Last edited by darthllord; 05-02-2015 at 03:30 PM..
Old 05-02-2015, 05:21 PM   #184
Supremacy Member

wah now NUS igp increase so high for both jc and poly kids sia..

lucky i enter 3 yrs ago.. if not sure cannot get in one..
Old 06-02-2015, 08:23 AM   #185

Yup submitted all.
Mine now on application procesing redi thanks

Btw what course you applied for ? EE ?
comp sci u?
Old 06-02-2015, 10:13 AM   #186

Hi, anyone here received their offers from the ntu early admission window already? 😨 getting worried..
Also Am I able to apply again through the main window if I had already applied through the early admission window? The system doesn't seem to let me do it 😂
Old 06-02-2015, 01:00 PM   #187

Hi need some advice here. Many people told me not to switch from nus business admin to ntu maritime studies as the industry is not doing well. Currently serving ns and have a slot in nus. Just applied for ntu.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:48 PM   #188

comp sci u?
SAME
Old 06-02-2015, 03:22 PM   #189

"majority of engineering/science/IT students can do it too"

This means a majority can do it. Meaning they can score on par with the average biz/humanities student, which means getting a B.

"and sometimes do it better too."

This is where the 15% comes in. Some of the majority, can do it better, getting an A-, which is ahead of the curve.

Maybe I'm wrong, my stats are purely anecdotal from how I see my own peers and friends perform. You really should brush up on your language though.
lol no doubt other students from diff fields of studies MAY be able to do well in business. since to be honest.. our mathematical/analytical modules are quite simple for other faculties. Then again, quite a number of modules in business is a lot of fluff... which some more "technical" students may not have. have to be really outspoken and purposely participate like 30% component. it is all an act lolol
Old 06-02-2015, 03:47 PM   #190

SAME
u from which poly?
Old 06-02-2015, 04:03 PM   #191

u from which poly?
Ngee Ann Poly

You ? Still in poly right ?

Then we could be course mates

Last edited by darthllord; 06-02-2015 at 04:21 PM..
Old 06-02-2015, 04:48 PM   #192

Hi, anyone here received their offers from the ntu early admission window already? 😨 getting worried..
Also Am I able to apply again through the main window if I had already applied through the early admission window? The system doesn't seem to let me do it 😂
You don't have to apply again.
No admission results means that they are still considering your application.
Perhaps your academic results are not as stellar as you think it is to be considered for early admission.

Just wait for the results, the latest you will hear a reply will be near the end of acceptance window, the end of may. After that you may appeal if needed.

Hi need some advice here. Many people told me not to switch from nus business admin to ntu maritime studies as the industry is not doing well. Currently serving ns and have a slot in nus. Just applied for ntu.
It doesn't matter what the other people said to you.
As long as you are deeply interested in maritime and scores very well in the studies. There will definitely be opportunities for top scorers.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:48 PM   #193

Hey! I'm in the same situation as you! But I login the system I found that I can modify the choices again. I dun dare to touch it as I not sure whether it will affect my application or not
Old 06-02-2015, 05:19 PM   #194

Offered place at SMU for AY 2017-18
Course: Information Systems Management
SherylToT and JasonMooWK like this.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:41 PM   #195

Got offered a place at SMU, school of accountancy
SherylToT and JasonMooWK like this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.