Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2015, 03:33 AM   #1951

And I just got rejected by SMU also..what do I do now really 😢
Me too
Wells. Time to appeal.
Old 19-05-2015, 06:33 AM   #1952

Went for NUS BBA DA interview early this month and attending 15 min follow up interview this week. Anyone attended before?! Any info is much appreciated!

Last edited by Occifer&Gentleman; 19-05-2015 at 06:38 AM..
Old 19-05-2015, 08:35 AM   #1953

Dear all,

I am a foreigner with A Level UAS of 83.75 and have just learned that I was rejected for my admission into NUS. My 1st choice was FASS and 2nd was Biz admin but my focus was FASS.

Could anyone tell me if I would stand a chance to get into FASS if I appeal? NUS website statement says something like "when you are rejected, all your choices have been thoroughly considered and you are highly unlikely to be successful with your appeal if you apply to the same course with your original application." I am really upset as FASS was my sole goal during my JC and I thought my A Level grades were good enough to get me into FASS.

Would anyone care to share what is the grade or UAS sufficient for a foreign student to get into FASS?
That is really surprising. What's the exact breakdown of your grades? Did you Get E for GP or sth?
Old 19-05-2015, 10:14 AM   #1954

Hi is anyone conflicted with the choice between NBS and NUS biz?😕
Choose nus biz haha
Old 19-05-2015, 10:24 AM   #1955

Citizen or foreigner?
foreigner
Old 19-05-2015, 01:42 PM   #1956

foreigner
Hi was EEE your first choice?
Old 19-05-2015, 01:54 PM   #1957

Hi was EEE your first choice?
Hi you applied civil engineering and what else? PR or citizen? Thank you. Seems like quite a number of people have yet to receive any offers.
Old 19-05-2015, 01:58 PM   #1958

Totally understood how that felt. I too am a foreigner with a UAS of 86.25 and yet I cannot Get into chemical engineering. In fact, I cant even get into nus now. Hopes and dreams all crushed.
Dont feel too down. You have a good score, maybe try a university elsewhere? NUS is not the only good university in this world.
Old 19-05-2015, 02:18 PM   #1959

Hi,

I'm from a business course in polytechnic and have a CPGA of 3.73. I aimed to get into NBS or NUS Business which i knew the chances of getting into either was quite slim since the competition seems to be getting stronger each year.

I was not offered the course I want but instead, was offered NUS FASS & NTU Comm Studies.... I have an interest in marketing and am conflicting between comm studies or appeal to NBS. I heard that comm studies has an advertising/pr route, somewhat like marketing but there are also modules from other paths i would have to take e.g. Journalism, Filming etc which I'm worried that it would not be my thing. I don't know if this is totally out of my field or not

If my appeal to NBS succeeds, I would still be choosing the Marketing path in the end. I feel like NBS is the safe way to go whereas Comm studies seem like a totally new thing and I'm at loss of what to do now.. Haven't appeal of NBS yet
Old 19-05-2015, 02:34 PM   #1960

That is really surprising. What's the exact breakdown of your grades? Did you Get E for GP or sth?
Nope. I've got C for GP. A for H2 Eng Lit and History, B for H2 Econs, B for PW and A for H1 maths. My subjects are all Arts so i thought I stood a good chance 😢
Could anyone share what's grades required for a foreigner into FASS?

Last edited by paydrochoi; 19-05-2015 at 02:43 PM..
Old 19-05-2015, 02:48 PM   #1961

Nope. I've got C for GP. A for H2 Eng Lit and History, B for H2 Econs, B for PW and A for H1 maths. My subjects are all Arts so i thought I stood a good chance 😢
Could anyone share what's grades required for a foreigner into FASS?
There's no such thing as 'grades required'. Everything is set against the curve. As long as you are better than other applicants, you will get in. There is no defined line for you to cross in order to gain admission. The line shifts every year based on the quality of applicants NUS gets each year. So if you dont get in, it means there were better foreigners that year that beat you for the spot.
MoxLotus likes this.
Old 19-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #1962

There's no such thing as 'grades required'. Everything is set against the curve. As long as you are better than other applicants, you will get in. There is no defined line for you to cross in order to gain admission. The line shifts every year based on the quality of applicants NUS gets each year. So if you dont get in, it means there were better foreigners that year that beat you for the spot.
Means foreigners compete with foreigners only?
Old 19-05-2015, 04:10 PM   #1963

I am surely aware of that, so i am asking people if they know any set of grade that was good enough to get a foreign student into FASS
Old 19-05-2015, 04:17 PM   #1964

I am surely aware of that, so i am asking people if they know any set of grade that was good enough to get a foreign student into FASS
just sent you a pm. check your inbox!
Old 19-05-2015, 05:00 PM   #1965

For NTU, is it all receive their offers and rejection by email? Anyone by letters?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.