NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Bunny

Reaction score
anyone signed up for ntu sce orientation camp?
still thinking whether to join or not

Actually, for camps, if really don't want to go also can one.
SCE has a yearly intake of over 1000 people, less than a hundred go for faculty camp one...

JasonMooWK

Reaction score
Guys, thank you so much for your advice. I guess I have to work really hard in uni to make my investment worth.

jownsftw

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hais... still not sure what to do with my life :(

NUS BizAnal rejected me last year :(

Last edited:

Nicholas92

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

a&w_rootbeerz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hais... still not sure what to do with my life :(

NUS BizAnal rejected me last year :(

Bro you left one more year of service right? Try apply again don't give up so soon. Your result is very good. Don't waste the opportunity. But if you don't mind, then can try what Mr Sinkie suggest. Also not bad. At least you have something to do in life after your service. And if your application successful, make sure tompang me go makan with your super four bike ya bro :D

runawayy

Reaction score
Ntu biz analysis former name is biz IT. They just change the name this year. I not sure if they change the curriculum bcos i didn't bother to go to the talk. It is a very very small cohort.

Nicholas92

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ntu biz analysis former name is biz IT. They just change the name this year. I not sure if they change the curriculum bcos i didn't bother to go to the talk. It is a very very small cohort.

It's not a rename; but a complete overhaul. :)

You may be confused by the transitional phrase where they are allowing AY13 IT spec students to overlap modules to complete either a IT spec or BA spec.

The intake size is small, but comparable to NUS Business Analytics.

Last edited:

runawayy

Reaction score

You may be confused by the transitional phrase where they are allowing AY13 IT spec students to overlap modules to complete either a IT spec or BA spec.

So the seniors in last sem is under IT or ba?

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

they abolished IT due to low demand

the new spec has new module codes and curriculum..seems to be heavily oversubscribed

a chance for those who got rejected from nus ba-anal to get back :s13::s13:

Jackel_Yang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Lol... actually it's only a partial overhaul, not complete.

Zabi is right in that there is new module code, but actually what they did is:

BC2402: Data Management and Business Intelligence (Remain the same)
BC3401: Enterprise Computing renamed to Enterprise Analytics.
BC3402: Technology Management in Financial Services renamed to Financial Service Processes & Analytics
BC3403: Technologies for digital marketing renamed to Social Media & Digital Analytics.

Maybe they changed the curriculum but I don't think it's a massive change of syabullus.

My batch of IT spec students are offered the option to cross over to Business Analytics, but they may have to overload in Year 3 depending on the modules they have taken so far.

Basic marketing... when you rename chocolate cake to chocolate fudge, you can increase the price by 20%. :s13:

Jackel_Yang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they abolished IT due to low demand

the new spec has new module codes and curriculum..seems to be heavily oversubscribed

a chance for those who got rejected from nus ba-anal to get back :s13::s13:

I think the curriculum for NUS version and NTU version are quite different...

but you slap the word Business Analytics on your resume, I doubt most employers will bother checking out the difference.

And it really sounds quite satki with Big Data expecting to play a huge role in the future. :eek:

Plus you can always take 2nd Spec in BNF. :D

Or the other way round also can... Main Spec BNF, 2nd Spec Business Analytics.

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe they changed the curriculum but I don't think it's a massive change of syabullus.

My batch of IT spec students are offered the option to cross over to Business Analytics, but they may have to overload in Year 3 depending on the modules they have taken so far.

Basic marketing... when you rename chocolate cake to chocolate fudge, you can increase the price by 20%. :s13:

I would think there should be a pretty decent change in the curriculum based on this

If it were the same, than they wouldnt have to overload..and if it were the same, than they'll have a huge advantage as well

It would be a waste of resources if they had concurrent modules..teaching similar things..with different course codes lol

Last edited:

aaa123

Reaction score
Will not having H2 A Level Math put students in NUS Business Admin at a disadvantage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.