HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2015, 09:54 PM   #2071

just mathematical science. that guy got in already? i put chem for first choice in ntu but got rejected.
I just checked the igp table thingy and it says Chem has a lower rp required than for mathematical sciences!!! Also if you really are interested about the course no harm trying!
Old 21-05-2015, 10:00 PM   #2072

I just checked the igp table thingy and it says Chem has a lower rp required than for mathematical sciences!!! Also if you really are interested about the course no harm trying!
ya but got rejected for chem. actually i like computer science a lot..i just scared i cant stand a chance in getting it since it is so competitive and popular.. haha thanks!
Old 21-05-2015, 10:12 PM   #2073

Hi, are you currently serving NS or..? Anw, hope your appeal results are successful!
Thanks!! I am not required to serve NS so I guess I will be taking part time job until next year's application window opens haha
Old 21-05-2015, 11:57 PM   #2074

My smu application is still processing. No rejection, no interview 😞
Old 21-05-2015, 11:57 PM   #2075

Hello!

Thanks for this! May I know what the article was roughly about? Was it like a philosophy passage?

Hope I will get a nice professor as well!!
helloooo

It was! An article about knowledge in relation to beliefs, I can't remember the author's name though):

All the best and relax for the interview
Old 22-05-2015, 12:33 AM   #2076

Got offered for nus com engineering midnight didn't get in com science
Old 22-05-2015, 12:46 AM   #2077

Sorry, I was on mobile phone mode at the time sufting hwz. Thus I did not see any pms. I just replied u.
Old 22-05-2015, 12:52 AM   #2078

anyone got accepted into ntu materials eng? what are your rp or gpa?
Old 22-05-2015, 01:39 AM   #2079

What are the chances of having a success appeal to nbs with a cgpa of 3.738? Do you think it's okay to include in the 250-word essay the fact that I have an online business with >10k followers? Then i could mail to the school some supporting documents like my website, screenshots and stuff..? To show my interest in taking up business etc. i took business in poly too
Old 22-05-2015, 04:13 AM   #2080
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is it not that difficult, however I think of changing course or even quit school. my standard is not good enough for NTU.

cos the environment is a bit too fast paced for me, and it is like more rewarding for those "elite", if you are those average or below average student, your life will only get harder, when u reach year 2 or year 3, ytou might feel that you dun have interest in computing anymore

I have interest in programming and computer, but not this kind of "computing", it is a bit too chim for

I dk how to explain to you here

in short, if you are those zai kia or programming pro, it will be a heaven for you, cos u will enjoy coding and ADVANCE MATH for you, and the MATH is like SUPER CHIM that kind.

If you are those want to just smoke your way through the 4 years and want to just get a normal degree, you might have a very hard time. This course is not for people who want a "easy life".

it is 70% math related content there, it is super chim

if you all really not scare of being trash until siao by FT and JC people...go ahead

If you open house, they wun tell u the hard-truth one la
Your message is pretty crystal. We probably wouldn't know if all others will regret it, but certainly all others knows you regret it badly.

The reason is because you have claimed your incompetency in the course, so I think logic and reasonings pointed out that we can believe the problem is between the keyboard and the chair.

The very fact you can come into the public forum and publicly position your incompetency and claimed the problem is elsewhere is exactly why you can't do well in Computer Science. You basically don't qualify the prerequisite in exercising good judgement in logics.

When you go into an education having your objectives such as "easy life", "smoke your way thru", "get a normal degree", is what we called mismatched of expectation. In the Computer Science stream, we don't want easy life, what want challenging life. We don't want to smoke our way thru because what makes things work is we understand as much as possible of them. We definitely don't like a normal degree, the degree for respectable IT professionals is a pride we carry long after we graduated.

Have you finally realise it ?
Old 22-05-2015, 10:38 AM   #2081

For people who are planning their appeals now, think carefully before submitting. Please choose a course that you didn't apply to previously, and one that you will definitely be able to enter. Don't waste your appeal like I did last year.
Old 22-05-2015, 12:13 PM   #2082

Just received nbs accountancy acceptance today! Received Within 3 days after going for the interview.
Old 22-05-2015, 01:45 PM   #2083

For people who are planning their appeals now, think carefully before submitting. Please choose a course that you didn't apply to previously, and one that you will definitely be able to enter. Don't waste your appeal like I did last year.
so what are you doing now
Old 22-05-2015, 02:21 PM   #2084

so what are you doing now
I'm taking a gap year, working. I got accepted to NTU engineering this year instead.
Old 22-05-2015, 02:28 PM   #2085

I'm taking a gap year, working. I got accepted to NTU engineering this year instead.
Congrats..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.