NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theboi

Reaction score
most of the time , if u apply early , U shouldn't get rejected . It's only when U apply late and there are limited slots left , they then start screening for superficial traits and stuff

furnote

Reaction score
yeah, I applied on the last day..
Is there any other orientation event to know people without camps?

summervin

Reaction score
Math refresher course

Hi! Anyone going for the math refresher course?:) This afternoon was first lesson!

slayerfin

Reaction score
Actually, if you're a foreigner, no matter which course you apply to, it will be very hard to get in. The quotas are set to only 18% foreign students for NUS/NTU/SMU.

That said, courses that are less popular among Singaporeans are easier for foreigners to get in. Courses such as Engineering(Electrical, Mech, Civil) or Science is usually less popular among Singaporeans. Whereas popular courses like Biz/Acct/SocialScience/Humanities/Aerospace would be harder for foreigners to gain admissions to because there are more Singaporeans vying for those places.

That said, the advice above is solid. Don't apply for a course just so that you can get into university. IF you get into a course that you are not passionate in, you'd just graduate with poor grades and waste 4 years of your life. Apply for a course only if you have genuine interest/passion.

Hi all. I'm an anomaly here. I had a rank point of 86.25 and applied for NUS chemical engineering and NTU Accountancy. Apparently, I did not get into the supposedly- easier-for-foreigners-to-get-into course. Instead, got into a course with cut throat competition. Idk. Things happened.

PororoTheP

Reaction score
Are international students supposed to pay confirmation fee first before we receive the Student Pass email or should we wait for the email first then only we proceed to pay? Thanks a lot! :)

slayerfin

Reaction score
Are international students supposed to pay confirmation fee first before we receive the Student Pass email or should we wait for the email first then only we proceed to pay? Thanks a lot! :)

What is a confirmation fee? Just make the payment for form e16.

Gowhek12

Reaction score
can't seem to find NTU SBS orientation week dates :( only some engineering courses and english has the dates on the NTU website. wonder why :( but is it advisable to go to orientation camps? like what if im attached and my bf will be unhappy if i go...? in such a dilemma... :(

Last edited:

WestgateTower

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm an anomaly here. I had a rank point of 86.25 and applied for NUS chemical engineering and NTU Accountancy. Apparently, I did not get into the supposedly- easier-for-foreigners-to-get-into course.

imo chem eng and accountancy are very popular among locals

Evil Bunny

Reaction score
can't seem to find NTU SBS orientation week dates :( only some engineering courses and english has the dates on the NTU website. wonder why :( but is it advisable to go to orientation camps? like what if im attached and my bf will be unhappy if i go...? in such a dilemma... :(

Maybe they haven't update yet. Not sure whether SBS has a orientation week or not.
Not everyone goes for camp, you will be fine!

yeah, I applied on the last day..
Is there any other orientation event to know people without camps?

Try the orientation week/freshmen welcome ceremony.

zengx2

Reaction score

I'm also a freshie in SBS. Today is already the 4th day of the SBS NTU camp evolution.

dylan.lurvesyou

Reaction score

Orientation camps are over for SBS. Didnt manage to go due to army. Anyway, I'm going into the same course too. and the orientation week can be found on ntu website. SBS welcome ceremony is on 5Aug2015 0930. All the best studying in SBS. :)

okryai

Reaction score
Can't decide whether i should give up appealing to the unis this year and wait for next years' admissions or try again. My appeals to FASS & NTU Socio got rejected. My RP is slightly below the cut off for FASS so that i understand but i clearly met socio's cut off so I'm pretty disappointed. Furthermore my admission to SMU Social Sci got rejected as well, still waiting for appeal results because i only sent in my appeal pretty late.

Actually I don't understand why SMU rejected me because my rp clearly meets its cut-off?? (major sian)

Anyway, what are the odds that sending another appeal email to ntu soci/smu social sci would increase my chances of being accepted?

sorry but can i check how do I see the cut off for the RP for the specific courses and uni? it doesnt state in the IGP right?

okryai

Reaction score
Meeting profs

Just wondering if anybody has had any experiences of just going down to the faculty's office and seeking to meet the relevant profs after they have failed their appeals? In particular NTU Comms/ NUS FASS/ SMU BIZ

ttarieltt

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has had any experiences of just going down to the faculty's office and seeking to meet the relevant profs after they have failed their appeals? In particular NTU Comms/ NUS FASS/ SMU BIZ

I would like to know too.. Just got rejected today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.