NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2015, 12:20 PM   #2131

I'm a Singaporean gal, born and bred.

For NUS, I only applied to FASS.

For NTU I applied in the following order:

1) Communications studies (Trying my luck here and failed)
2) Public Policy and Global Affairs
3) Sociology
4) Linguistics & Multilingual Studies
5) History

As you can see, for my NTU choices 2 and beyond, my GPA falls within the IGPs for all of the courses I applied for... I really don't understand why I couldn't get any of these

My O level English is A1.

Thank you so much for replying Havok_ex and cooknoodles!

What would my chances be of appealing to LMS or socio? Any seniors can help?
Wow. The IGP must have really shot up this year. HSS IGP is always in flux. Because of their small intake, their IGP can quickly change each year depending on demand. I would recommend that you appeal to soci since its intake is about 50 students more than LMS. So the chances are higher.
Old 25-05-2015, 12:50 PM   #2132

Can any seniors help me pleaseeeee?

I'm a poly graduate, graduated with a final GPA of 3.68, Diploma with Merit.
Didn't do so well for O levels though.. Only 18 points..

I chionged hard enough during my poly days to win several academic awards during my 3 years though and also received a poly scholarship for my academic achievements...

I have been rejected by both NUS and NTU while still pending for SMU... I am thinking of appealing to NTU... Can any seniors rate my chances of successfully entering either

1) Linguistics & Multilingual Studies
or
2) Sociology?

Any constructive advice will be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!!!

Not advice, but hope this helps
My friend went for LMS interview last week. Haven received news till now. She got a gpa of 3.73
IloveMilo likes this.
Old 25-05-2015, 12:57 PM   #2133

mind sharing your grade? the deadline still have 1 week!keep ur hopes high man
thanks pmed u!
Old 25-05-2015, 01:35 PM   #2134

just checked on the nus application status portal - "application has been processed"

stressed now, went for 2 NUS biz interviews

anyone knows how soon they update after the application is "processed"?
Old 25-05-2015, 01:45 PM   #2135

just checked on the nus application status portal - "application has been processed"

If application has been processed then you'll be able to see the offers on joint acceptance portal alr
Old 25-05-2015, 01:56 PM   #2136

If application has been processed then you'll be able to see the offers on joint acceptance portal alr
oh man, if i can't login to the joint acceptance portal it means i've been rejected?
Old 25-05-2015, 01:56 PM   #2137

Mine is still processing! Just went for my Biz DA interview last Wednesday. However I screwed it up so badly. Now I worrying whether they will straight away reject me or the subsequent choice will still consider me
I only applied to FASS though and I didn't have any interviews!
Hope they release my application results before Friday so I can choose whether or not to apply to another course..
Old 25-05-2015, 02:01 PM   #2138
Clone Trooper

Hey man,all the best to you but may I know when you went for the BBA DA and how many days did it take for it to have been processed. I went for the DA last thursday and the application is still processing, thanks so much!
Old 25-05-2015, 02:23 PM   #2139

I only applied to FASS though and I didn't have any interviews!
Hope they release my application results before Friday so I can choose whether or not to apply to another course..
Their website says so! I also hope they will let us know by Friday. U wanna call them ask to cfm?
Old 25-05-2015, 03:11 PM   #2140

Not advice, but hope this helps
My friend went for LMS interview last week. Haven received news till now. She got a gpa of 3.73
I went for NTU LMS interview last week and received email the next morning telling me I have been accepted
Old 25-05-2015, 03:34 PM   #2141

oh man, if i can't login to the joint acceptance portal it means i've been rejected?
eh i dont think so. Why is it that you can't log in? When my application had been processed i loggged into the joint acceptance portal a few hours later and saw the offer... and then NUS texted me that I've been offered a course the next morn
Old 25-05-2015, 04:40 PM   #2142

I got a called from SMU IS that im shortlisted for an interview. Damn stunned because my gpa is kinda low and way out of the 10th percentile.

Old 25-05-2015, 04:59 PM   #2143

I got a called from SMU IS that im shortlisted for an interview. Damn stunned because my gpa is kinda low and way out of the 10th percentile.
All the best! Wht is yr gpa
Old 25-05-2015, 05:31 PM   #2144

i'm above the 10th percentile and i got rejected???
Old 25-05-2015, 05:42 PM   #2145

i'm above the 10th percentile and i got rejected???
Hmm one think I can think the reason why you were rejected is because they evaluate an applicant holistically. If you did not pass the holistic evaluation you will not be shortlisted for the interview.

SMU is becoming stringent nowadays due to demand exceeding supply. If i recalled only 1 out of 7 or 8 students are accepted into the university. Admission rate of the different schools I am not sure.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.