Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2015, 11:20 PM   #2221
Arch-Supremacy Member

okay thanks for this! I shall appeal out of the course I'm accepted in then
Yes please quit Philosophy if you are not interested in it. Don't waste energy.
MoxLotus and stressedout95 like this.
Old 28-05-2015, 12:06 AM   #2222

Same here! But I did not even go for any interviews yet...... :'(
Me too!! I also didn't get any interview or rejection letter
Old 28-05-2015, 12:19 AM   #2223

Me too!! I also didn't get any interview or rejection letter
Me three! Don't lose hope! It probably means we are on some waiting list. If we are out of consideration they would have rejected us much earlier on already and not make us wait till after June 2.

Are you a poly or JC applicant?
Old 28-05-2015, 12:21 AM   #2224

NUS is better for Philosophy
Yup. Obviously.
Old 28-05-2015, 12:45 AM   #2225

By the way for those who are late bloomers like me I think you will be comforted to know that SMU do not consider O level results. They look purely at your poly grades. So maybe this piece of news will help you plan your appeal strategy into our local unis. Eg. To focus on which uni to appeal into etc.

For those who did poorly during poly but have excellent O level results - you may stand a higher chance fighting for a place in NTU & NUS rather than in SMU imo.

For those who did poorly during poly and equally poorly for O levels then I dunno how to help already.
Old 28-05-2015, 12:51 AM   #2226

Me three! Don't lose hope! It probably means we are on some waiting list. If we are out of consideration they would have rejected us much earlier on already and not make us wait till after June 2.

Are you a poly or JC applicant?
I am a poly applicant. So it means that we will only get rejected after 2nd June?
Old 28-05-2015, 12:52 AM   #2227

By the way for those who are late bloomers like me I think you will be comforted to know that SMU do not consider O level results. They look purely at your poly grades. So maybe this piece of news will help you plan your appeal strategy into our local unis. Eg. To focus on which uni to appeal into etc.

For those who did poorly during poly but have excellent O level results - you may stand a higher chance fighting for a place in NTU & NUS rather than in SMU imo.

For those who did poorly during poly and equally poorly for O levels then I dunno how to help already.
I got 25 points for o level and was indeed rejected by ntu..
Old 28-05-2015, 01:08 AM   #2228

I am a poly applicant. So it means that we will only get rejected after 2nd June?
Lol.. It is just a calculated guess of mine. Judging from the information I gathered by asking around, those who didn't make the cut have already long been rejected.

I can only guess that they do it in batches and since they have waited this late, it probably means that they are waiting for the better students to make up their mind to either accept or reject their offer. Hence, the June 2 date.
Old 28-05-2015, 01:16 AM   #2229

I got 25 points for o level and was indeed rejected by ntu..
I feel your pain.

Come, let me give you a virtual hug and let's form the newest reservoir with our tears.
Old 28-05-2015, 11:54 AM   #2230

Hi all guys. Can I know anyone still waitting for reply from SMU ? My interview for acc has gone for 2 months so sad. Does it mean I have no chance alr?

The status still show pending no accept no reject ><

me too, i am in the exact same situation as you): i also applied to accountancy and went for the interview, but i have yet to receive a reply from them.
Old 28-05-2015, 11:59 AM   #2231

Because i have yet to receive a reply from SMU, i am thinking of accepting another offer first before 2nd June. However, does anyone know if SMU actually offers me after 2nd June, how do i change school? Do i have to pay a sum of money or what...?Thank you for your help.
Old 28-05-2015, 12:46 PM   #2232

Because i have yet to receive a reply from SMU, i am thinking of accepting another offer first before 2nd June. However, does anyone know if SMU actually offers me after 2nd June, how do i change school? Do i have to pay a sum of money or what...?Thank you for your help.
Hey I think SMU does offer aft 2nd June cause theres a second window of acceptance listed on their website. Cause aft 2nd june then the school will knw how many places are still available.
Old 28-05-2015, 01:42 PM   #2233

Me too leh...SMU neither accept nor reject me. Never even call me for interview. And there is no option for me to appeal also. Feeling damm scared
Old 28-05-2015, 02:24 PM   #2234

for those applicants whos statuses are still processing it probably just means you are all on the waiting list. As long as you havent received a rejection theres still hope!
Old 28-05-2015, 05:46 PM   #2235

Yup. Obviously.
Wished I had met someone as I knowleadgeable as you on this topic before I submit my uni applications. Fml
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.