HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2015, 03:20 PM   #2281

oh i c... i m fron jc so the Q they asked me quite different from yours. but they didn't ask u the estimation Q? i thought it's compulsory for every interviewee haha
Yeah they asked me to explain the answer for the estimation question.

Basically there are 3 parts to the interview.

1) Karel Test (15 minutes)
2) Estimation Question (5 minutes)
3) Main Interview
3.1) Explain your Karel Answer (Only if your answer is wrong)
3.2) Explain your Estimation Question Answer (To clear their doubt)
3.3) Interviewer ask questions
3.4) Interviewee ask questions
Old 31-05-2015, 04:01 PM   #2282

Anyone paid the 200$ confirmation fee for SMU yet ? When is the latest we have to pay ?
Old 31-05-2015, 04:20 PM   #2283

Anyone paid the 200$ confirmation fee for SMU yet ? When is the latest we have to pay ?
I've paid the confirmation fees. I think you need to pay before online matriculation. You may want to check with the admission office about it.

Btw for those who are matriculating to SMU this year, here's a link to the important dates for matriculation, camps, convocation, ID check etc. http://www.home.smusa.sg/#!events-calendar/c14w0
Old 31-05-2015, 06:50 PM   #2284

1st july http://matriculation.smu.edu.sg/info/singapore-citizen
Old 31-05-2015, 09:23 PM   #2285

Does NUS/NTU appeals require any interview?
Old 31-05-2015, 09:31 PM   #2286
yuenfone

Hi may i know whether can i apply for ntu univeristy any course.

CGPA 3.182
O LVL 14 points
course aeronautical engineering sp

Old 31-05-2015, 09:34 PM   #2287

Hi may i know whether can i apply for ntu univeristy any course.

CGPA 3.182
O LVL 14 points
course aeronautical engineering sp
You probably wouldnt get into any course with those grades. You could try NTU physics, the igp is 3.34. But you should consider SIT instead. Unlikely that you will get into NTU.
Old 31-05-2015, 10:22 PM   #2288

Does NUS/NTU appeals require any interview?
Depends on whether the office of admissions think you need. Some ppl got in without interview, some didn't get in even with interview and some rejected without any interviews.
Old 31-05-2015, 10:50 PM   #2289

Yeah they asked me to explain the answer for the estimation question.

Basically there are 3 parts to the interview.

1) Karel Test (15 minutes)
2) Estimation Question (5 minutes)
3) Main Interview
3.1) Explain your Karel Answer (Only if your answer is wrong)
3.2) Explain your Estimation Question Answer (To clear their doubt)
3.3) Interviewer ask questions
3.4) Interviewee ask questions
oh i see! thanks!! just hope i can get in!
Old 01-06-2015, 10:45 AM   #2290

Depends on whether the office of admissions think you need. Some ppl got in without interview, some didn't get in even with interview and some rejected without any interviews.
oh I see... ok thanks!
Old 01-06-2015, 11:08 AM   #2291

hi guys,

just submitted appeal into SMU IS.

it was my second choice but i was rejected from it. my rp is 72 (their tenth percentile is like 68.75). in my first application, i hadn't mentioned much of cca stuff like council, etc. i wasn't called for interview. but everywhere online i see ads of SMU IS and stuff, which gives me the impression that they may want more students? someone else had mentioned that last year she also put IS in her 3rd choice, but after she appeal into it, she got in. her logic is that they don't want to be a "dumping ground". in my appeal, i mentioned my cca and all my other stuff. do you think i stand a good chance...?
Old 01-06-2015, 01:20 PM   #2292

Hi guys, I havenít get any reply from ntu but their deadline for appeal is reaching. So, may I know what should I do? Should I appeal or just wait for the offer letter?

cgpa: 3.74, foreigner, do i stand a chance go get into NTU EEE?
Very high chance for local students but if for foreign students I think very slim hope..
Old 01-06-2015, 01:26 PM   #2293

hi guys,

it was my second choice but i was rejected from it. my rp is 72 (their tenth percentile is like 68.75). in my first application, i hadn't mentioned much of cca stuff like council, etc. i wasn't called for interview. but everywhere online i see ads of SMU IS and stuff, which gives me the impression that they may want more students? someone else had mentioned that last year she also put IS in her 3rd choice, but after she appeal into it, she got in. her logic is that they don't want to be a "dumping ground". in my appeal, i mentioned my cca and all my other stuff. do you think i stand a good chance...?
The ads are directed at taking away students who would otherwise choose NUS or NTU instead. Not just any other students.
MoxLotus likes this.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:51 PM   #2294

hi guys,

i think they wan students who really have passion for this course. i got few friends who scored around 72 rp but put IS as their first choice. they have received the offer long time ago
Old 01-06-2015, 02:45 PM   #2295

i think they wan students who really have passion for this course. i got few friends who scored around 72 rp but put IS as their first choice. they have received the offer long time ago
so do you think if i mention my passion for IT in my appeal, will i be able to be shortlisted?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.