HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2015, 03:51 PM   #2296

so do you think if i mention my passion for IT in my appeal, will i be able to be shortlisted?
Why are you asking nightzzz when he is not the one looking at your appeal? That is very strange question you have there. Why not wait for the outcome and see how it goes?
Old 01-06-2015, 05:27 PM   #2297
Arch-Supremacy Member

I've paid the confirmation fees. I think you need to pay before online matriculation. You may want to check with the admission office about it.

Btw for those who are matriculating to SMU this year, here's a link to the important dates for matriculation, camps, convocation, ID check etc. http://www.home.smusa.sg/#!events-calendar/c14w0
For incoming SMU freshies, please try to attend CSP camps like Starring, Inspirar and kidleidoscope. Each of these camps will allow you to clock at least half of your CSP hour requirements. On a side note, please do not miss the FTB camp. Its gonna be really fun and u will make friends who will stay with u through out your uni life
Old 01-06-2015, 06:20 PM   #2298

NTU Appeal Date

Anyone know when is the deadline for Ntu appeal ?? Nus seems to be at 3rd june 2015 :/
Old 01-06-2015, 06:57 PM   #2299

Anyone know when is the deadline for Ntu appeal ?? Nus seems to be at 3rd june 2015 :/
Today is the deadline. http://admissions.ntu.edu.sg/UndergraduateAdmissions/Pages/ALevel.aspx

Appeals to nus are due tomorrow. http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/apply/local/appeals/AYA-appeal.html

Last edited by Cheerysingaporean; 01-06-2015 at 07:02 PM..
Old 01-06-2015, 08:05 PM   #2300

Anyone going to NUS business camp? Heard news from them?
Old 01-06-2015, 08:45 PM   #2301

hey guys was submitting my NTU appeal ( I submitted) but wanted to make amendment but they denied it saying that my appeal has already been submitted?!?!?! what's going on I thought they said that the last modified appeal can still be received by 1 june 2359
Old 01-06-2015, 11:58 PM   #2302

I think it's because after u click confirm, that's your appeal already! I just submitted my appeal, all the best to everyone appealing!!
Old 02-06-2015, 12:02 AM   #2303

Is NTU ADM are they still considering the applicants or its over already
Old 02-06-2015, 12:22 AM   #2304

Unhappy

hello guys is it weird that my application status is still "processing"? :-( i applied for nus fass. the online appeal page is opened on my oasf though, does that mean i am actually rejected?
Old 02-06-2015, 12:48 AM   #2305

Is NTU ADM are they still considering the applicants or its over already
hello guys is it weird that my application status is still "processing"? :-( i applied for nus fass. the online appeal page is opened on my oasf though, does that mean i am actually rejected?
Nothing is set in stone until you actually receive a rejection letter or email.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:01 AM   #2306

Nothing is set in stone until you actually receive a rejection letter or email.
Oh... Rlly worried though bcos nus said appeals end tmr (2jun) but thx! Will probably give them a call later in the morning
Old 02-06-2015, 09:54 AM   #2307

Most likely, their email went to your Junk Mail.
Mine did but luckily I noticed.
For nus? I checked and nope there's nth... Status on the oasf page is still processing as well :-(
Old 02-06-2015, 10:45 AM   #2308

Anyone going to NUS business camp? Heard news from them?
calls are going out. sadly these type of faculty camps have limited space... so the harsh reality is that ppl are selected based on how "haps" your facebook profile is

but yes the NUS biz camp is usually better than the "O week" one.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:03 PM   #2309

hi guys,

just submitted appeal into SMU IS.

it was my second choice but i was rejected from it. my rp is 72 (their tenth percentile is like 68.75). in my first application, i hadn't mentioned much of cca stuff like council, etc. i wasn't called for interview. but everywhere online i see ads of SMU IS and stuff, which gives me the impression that they may want more students? someone else had mentioned that last year she also put IS in her 3rd choice, but after she appeal into it, she got in. her logic is that they don't want to be a "dumping ground". in my appeal, i mentioned my cca and all my other stuff. do you think i stand a good chance...?
Weird, my rp is just slightly higher than yours and was called for the interview (2nd choice). i think most probably because of the essay component?

I get the impression that smu wants to interview as much potential candidates as possible and interview is the one that really decides whether you get into the course.

Anyway i do think that you have quite a good chance of getting into IS granted that you do okay for your interview. And it also seems that they are more lenient towards JC students imo.

Good luck!
Old 02-06-2015, 02:05 PM   #2310

What interview questions will SMU ask?

Hi, I was shortlisted by SMU to attend an interview which will be tomorrow. Does anyone knows what questions they will be asking?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.