HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2015, 02:55 PM   #2311

Hi, I was shortlisted by SMU to attend an interview which will be tomorrow. Does anyone knows what questions they will be asking?
Which course you been offered for interview?

Old 02-06-2015, 03:42 PM   #2312

[QUOTE=IAmZTX;94247872]Which course you been offered for interview?

Information System Management. Do you have any idea how they would ask? In the email they said to:

4) Complete the “Learn” tab on the Stanford Karel page: and try out the exercises at. You will be expected to answer a similar question during the interview.

Meaning that I have to complete the "Karel" programming and expect to get questions regarding it?
Old 02-06-2015, 03:50 PM   #2313

[QUOTE=summervin;94248853]

Information System Management. Do you have any idea how they would ask? In the email they said to:

4) Complete the “Learn” tab on the Stanford Karel page: and try out the exercises at. You will be expected to answer a similar question during the interview.

Meaning that I have to complete the "Karel" programming and expect to get questions regarding it?
Yes. You need to learn how karel programming works and there will be a test before the interview. The interviewers will then review your codes during the actual interview.

Since your interview is tomorrow, take at least an hour or two today to practice. Use IF and WHILE function as much as possible.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:58 PM   #2314

[QUOTE=summervin;94248853]

Are you from Poly? Maybe they think u have a prior experience? :-)
Old 02-06-2015, 05:13 PM   #2315

[QUOTE=ohgnod;94249038]
Yes. You need to learn how karel programming works and there will be a test before the interview. The interviewers will then review your codes during the actual interview.

Since your interview is tomorrow, take at least an hour or two today to practice. Use IF and WHILE function as much as possible.
Thanks for your advise!! However, I am stuck at Unit 8, Lesson 5. Do you happen to solve it?
Old 02-06-2015, 05:18 PM   #2316

[QUOTE=isabelxo;94249198]

Are you from Poly? Maybe they think u have a prior experience? :-)
Yeah! I was from SP. But my CGPA was only 3.62. Not sure will I get it or not. I was rejected by NTU Computer Engineering last week.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:34 PM   #2317
Master Member

Use IF and WHILE function as much as possible.
It is not about the number of If and While that you write, it is about how clear your thought is. Many students wrote so many if and while which is totally unnecessary.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:04 PM   #2318

It is not about the number of If and While that you write, it is about how clear your thought is. Many students wrote so many if and while which is totally unnecessary.
I totally agree with you on this point.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:34 PM   #2319

Do you have an answer for the one that I'm stuck at?
Old 02-06-2015, 10:35 PM   #2320
Supremacy Member

NS econ vs NTU econ

which is better?
Old 02-06-2015, 11:56 PM   #2321

NS econ vs NTU econ

which is better?
NUS econs or NTU econs? I think both are quite good and pretty established. NTU gives you the advantage of starting in the major from the moment you step in. But NUS also has the advantage of flexibility. If you take the introductory mod for Econs in FASS and find that you dont like econs, you can take another major instead. IMO, both are equally good. Choose the one nearest to your house.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:17 AM   #2322

NUS econs or NTU econs? I think both are quite good and pretty established. NTU gives you the advantage of starting in the major from the moment you step in. But NUS also has the advantage of flexibility. If you take the introductory mod for Econs in FASS and find that you dont like econs, you can take another major instead. IMO, both are equally good. Choose the one nearest to your house.
IA. Anw if you're free Havox_ex i've sent you a pm thanks!
Old 03-06-2015, 09:21 AM   #2323

NTU Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering or NUS Chemical Engineering?
Old 03-06-2015, 10:23 AM   #2324

Anyone knows when is the matriculate date?
Are we supposed to wait for any snail mail from NTU that will tell us what to do next?
Aiyo, go Google it la.

http://www.ntu.edu.sg/Students/Under...wstudents.aspx
Old 03-06-2015, 10:57 AM   #2325

Hhaa.. Thanks... but there is this thing that confuses me: "Before you can matriculate, you must accept NTU's offer of admission first and receive your matriculation number".

I have already accepted the offer but where is my matriculation no?
They will send the freshmen admission procedures to your email in mid-june or later.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.