HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2015, 10:23 PM   #2566

Yes. The joint acceptance portal will close on 21 June 2015.
But for the past few years there are still many ppl whose appeals were successful even after 2nd window. Just that the acceptance for them will be diff. In the matriculation page in NTU it also states that if they receive an offer after deadline they will still be notified by email then direct them to the matriculation page etc.
Old 17-06-2015, 11:18 PM   #2567

Me direct yr 2?
Cool! Yes! You're also direct yr 2?
Old 17-06-2015, 11:21 PM   #2568

Serious? :/ So if there isnt any reply by the 21st, we're defo rejected?
Not necessary. Even after the 2nd window or deadline, you can still write in to appeal and the professors can still assess you by interview or offer you a course.
Old 17-06-2015, 11:22 PM   #2569

But for the past few years there are still many ppl whose appeals were successful even after 2nd window. Just that the acceptance for them will be diff. In the matriculation page in NTU it also states that if they receive an offer after deadline they will still be notified by email then direct them to the matriculation page etc.
Thanks for the correction.

From NTU FAQ:

When can we know the appeal outcome?

For applicants holding Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' level qualification or Local Polytechnic Diploma:

The outcome of the appeal will be notified via email, end June/early July. You will be informed on the procedure of acceptance if your appeal is successful.

For applicant holding international and other qualifications:
You will be notified by email one to two weeks after the appeal period.
Old 17-06-2015, 11:49 PM   #2570
High Supremacy Member

Algebra Cheat Sheet:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/za...3pwe453/JC.zip

My tutor sent this to me last time. Not sure if he is the one who compiled it. Good for recap b4 starting NTU EEE maths module
innumerabilis likes this.
Old 18-06-2015, 08:47 AM   #2571

Hi, is anyone from ntu engineering going for the math and physics refresher courses organised by college of engineering and SPMS next month?
I'm going for the phrsics refresher, even though I can only attend 5 out of the 8 sessions. Dk if it makes me seem kiasu but I've also heard a friend said that the refreshers are a waste of time. (She's from COE, year 2 this year)
Old 18-06-2015, 11:55 AM   #2572

Cool! Yes! You're also direct yr 2?
Yup direct yr 2! ☺ which poly were u from?
Old 18-06-2015, 12:11 PM   #2573

Yup direct yr 2! ☺ which poly were u from?
By the way do not be too happy with starting from year 2. Some of my friends went in and totally lost. My suggestions: buck up your programming and physics knowledge. Always prepare yourself before going in. With that, i wish you all the best and may god bless you.

Old 18-06-2015, 02:23 PM   #2574

I'm going for the phrsics refresher, even though I can only attend 5 out of the 8 sessions. Dk if it makes me seem kiasu but I've also heard a friend said that the refreshers are a waste of time. (She's from COE, year 2 this year)
Haha. Probably she thought that way coz she did not have to let her brain rust for 2 years due to NS. I will be going for both though, as not touching them for 2 years straight will make me struggle badly if i were to not refresh my concepts.
Old 18-06-2015, 03:05 PM   #2575

Thanks for the correction.

From NTU FAQ:
Thank god it isnt by 21st.. Havent gotten my reply yet kinda worried right now :/
Old 18-06-2015, 03:08 PM   #2576

Thank god it isnt by 21st.. Havent gotten my reply yet kinda worried right now :/
What is your backup plan?

Old 18-06-2015, 03:46 PM   #2577

What is your backup plan?
I'm reserving a spot in SMU right now but aiming for NTU.. Will be going to NS and try to apply again while I'm inside. My grades' actually higher thn the IGP so if i dont get in this year i doubt it'll happen next alrd :/
Old 18-06-2015, 03:48 PM   #2578

By the way do not be too happy with starting from year 2. Some of my friends went in and totally lost. My suggestions: buck up your programming and physics knowledge. Always prepare yourself before going in. With that, i wish you all the best and may god bless you.
Yes i agree with you. am very worried too with the fact that it is direct to yr 2. And i been asking ard; and all told me not ez to cope...so i guess besides working hard and smart, believing in yourself is important....anw my programming v weak..hopefully god will really bless me...

Last edited by joey_xu; 18-06-2015 at 03:55 PM..
Old 18-06-2015, 03:55 PM   #2579
Supremacy Member

Yes i agree with you. am very worried too with the fact that it is direct to yr 2. And i been asking ard; and all told me not ez to cope...so i guess besides working hard, believing in yourself is important....anw my programming v weak..hopefully god will really bless me...
Still got time before sch start
If u know what ur weak in u can start working on it before sch starts
Old 18-06-2015, 03:56 PM   #2580

I'm reserving a spot in SMU right now but aiming for NTU.. Will be going to NS and try to apply again while I'm inside. My grades' actually higher thn the IGP so if i dont get in this year i doubt it'll happen next alrd :/
I see. It's always better to apply early as the tuition fees is increasing each yr. Since you are entering NS soon, you have two yr to try. All the best to you.

Last edited by IAmZTX; 18-06-2015 at 03:59 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.